PDA

View Full Version : radio music

manucapo
11-06-07, 10:53 AM
is there any way to put our own music on the radio , or on the gramaphone (is that its name) , just wondering because it would be cool to be able to have custom music on them.

ReallyDedPoet
11-06-07, 10:56 AM
is there any way to put our own music on the radio , or on the gramaphone (is that its name) , just wondering because it would be cool to be able to have custom music on them.
Yes it can be done and is a nice feature :yep: Check out this thread :up:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119232&highlight=adding+music

By the way, if I have not done this already, welcome to SUBSIM.

RDP

SteminDemon13
11-06-07, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the post manucapo, I was wondering myself where to add music and welcome aboard. Thanks for the link RDP. RDP what is the best radio mod so far? I would like to slap some 20's 30's and 40's music in there but I don't know where I could download the music from. If I could find it I would make a mod myself for everyone to enjoy. I remember the game Mafia for the PC had some really great music from the 20's and 30's, it actually made me appreciate the music and I wound up liking it. It's a shame many of this music has been forgotten. There were many tallented musicians back then.

ReallyDedPoet
11-06-07, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the post manucapo, I was wondering myself where to add music and welcome aboard. Thanks for the link RDP. RDP what is the best radio mod so far? I would like to slap some 20's 30's and 40's music in there but I don't know where I could download the music from. If I could find it I would make a mod myself for everyone to enjoy. I remember the game Mafia for the PC had some really great music from the 20's and 30's, it actually made me appreciate the music and I wound up liking it. It's a shame many of this music has been forgotten. There were many tallented musicians back then.
For radio , the CBS Captain Midnight Mod is great, there is also ones for the BBC and NBC, they are all good and really add to the game\experience. There are other great ones as well. If you check the 1.3 updated mods thread, you will also see some links there for various period music.

Check out this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119668, one of the mods I was referring to from the 1.3 thread.

Hope this helps :up:

RDP

manucapo
11-06-07, 12:55 PM
thanks for the reply rlydedpoet
and thanks for the warm welcome guys

ReallyDedPoet
11-06-07, 12:58 PM
thanks for the reply rlydedpoet
and thanks for the warm welcome guys

Good luck with it manucapo :yep:

RDP

jazman
11-06-07, 01:30 PM
Why not just use Winamp or something like that in the background? What does the grammophone offer us? In fact, in Trigger Maru, I can't seem to use the grammophone at all...

ReallyDedPoet
11-06-07, 01:37 PM
Why not just use Winamp or something like that in the background? What does the grammophone offer us? In fact, in Trigger Maru, I can't seem to use the grammophone at all...
Are you running at a higher resolution? Check out this post regarding that: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=671560&postcount=998
Also, have you posted this in the Trigger Thread?

As far as using Winamp that is an alternative, but you miss out on the great radio mods that are available as well.

RDP

u-168
11-06-07, 02:01 PM
welcome to sub sim mate:up:

u-168

fred8615
11-06-07, 02:17 PM
Just to let you know, you may want to hold off on downloading my 1940s music files. I got my hands on a couple of hundred more songs for each year, and when I get everything ready, I'll be uploading new versions. This only affects the year files, not any of the others.

Also, just minutes ago I began uploading a new version of my NBC radio mod. I found about ten more Jack Benny programs I didn't have. All 17 parts should be available in about 3 or 4 days.

ReallyDedPoet
11-06-07, 02:19 PM
I got my hands on a couple of hundred more songs for each year, and when I get everything ready, I'll be uploading new versions. This only affects the year files, not any of the others.

Also, just minutes ago I began uploading a new version of my NBC radio mod. I found about ten more Jack Benny programs I didn't have. All 17 parts should be available in about 3 or 4 days.
Sounds good :up:

RDP

jazman
11-06-07, 02:28 PM
Just to let you know, you may want to hold off on downloading my 1940s music files. I got my hands on a couple of hundred more songs for each year, and when I get everything ready, I'll be uploading new versions. This only affects the year files, not any of the others.

Excellent work, Fred, but you may be bringing down the ISP police on my head...it's hard to lay low when you're downloading umpteen GB of files.

jazman
11-06-07, 02:32 PM
Are you running at a higher resolution? Check out this post regarding that: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=671560&postcount=998

As far as using Winamp that is an alternative, but you miss out on the great radio mods that are available as well.

Thanks for the gramophone tip, I'll give it a try. I run at 1152x864, I didn't know that qualified as "High Resolution" :p

I've been using Winamp instead of the gramophone, but I do use the radio, with some of Fred Barnett's excellent mods.

ReallyDedPoet
11-06-07, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the gramophone tip, I'll give it a try. I run at 1152x864, I didn't know that qualified as "High Resolution" :p

I've been using Winamp instead of the gramophone, but I do use the radio, with some of Fred Barnett's excellent mods.

When you select it, the grammaphone in Trigger, what are you seeing? The pulldown mod replaces the grammaphone graphic, but it is still there in the right hand corner, it still works.

RDP

jazman
11-06-07, 04:25 PM
When you select it, the grammaphone in Trigger, what are you seeing? The pulldown mod replaces the grammaphone graphic, but it is still there in the right hand corner, it still works.

I'll look for it later tonight, thanks.

SteminDemon13
11-06-07, 05:50 PM
What's this I have been hearing about some people removing their radio mods due to copyright stuff? I was just about to start my own little mod when I read somethin about it and.....:arrgh!:

Fred, do you have a list you can send me (if it's not too much trouble) of the 1940's songs so I dont re do any of the songs you have. I would like to make this "mod" so it will be able to work with these other radio mods, or like an add on compilation. My goal right now is getting some 20's, 30's songs, and some 40's songs that haven't been put out there already and some radio programs together also. I've been wanting to add something to the community other than my good looks and somewhat ok typing:D , and I was fiddling around today thanks from inspiration from RDP, and am definetely down with making a little radio mod.

fred8615
11-06-07, 06:13 PM
I would if I could, but when all is said and done, you're talking about 1000 songs! Too much to type, or even cut and paste titles. I'm sorry.

As for copyrights, the real problem is that some stuff from the 40's is in public domain now, but some isn't. Nearly all my radio station programing is from Archive.org, which says it's stuff is PD. The rest, and the music, which I get elsewhere, I just cross my fingers. :|\\

jazman
11-06-07, 07:05 PM

I see it now. So that's what those buttons are!

ReallyDedPoet
11-06-07, 07:22 PM

I see it now. So that's what those buttons are!

Glad you got it working :up:, it works, just the image is not there anymore.

RDP