barndog
11-04-07, 06:16 AM
"Rank Increased"

Was wondering what that means?

hyperion2206
11-04-07, 07:16 AM
Yes but not quite.

The saying is "coming to a store near you soon" :D

Does that mean that you implement player promotion in the next patch?:huh::hmm: I hope that's what you ment!:rock:

Argus00
11-04-07, 10:21 AM
The patch won't be available in stores, so I think Mihai is referring to the add-on.

hyperion2206
11-04-07, 11:45 AM
The patch won't be available in stores, so I think Mihai is referring to the add-on.

For some reason I allways forget that the patch and the U-Boat add-on will be 2 different releases.;)

Roger Dodger
11-04-07, 12:16 PM
Can you be promoted in Silent hunter 4?

Yes, you can be promoted from LtCdr to Commander. The promotion is hardly noticable and only seen on your awards screen (medals) when you return from a patrol. Sorry, no big deal promotion ceremony, brass band or congratulations from the Fleet Commander.

rrmelend
11-05-07, 02:21 PM

Yes, you can be promoted from LtCdr to Commander. The promotion is hardly noticable and only seen on your awards screen (medals) when you return from a patrol. Sorry, no big deal promotion ceremony, brass band or congratulations from the Fleet Commander.

I've never even bothered checking, next opportunity I have to jump back on my home pc I'll have to take a look.

raifg
11-17-07, 02:57 PM

Where on the screen can you seen your promotion ?
What do you meen with the award screen ? The screen you 've got when you receive a message or the screen you 've got when you open the box with all your medals ?

Roger Dodger
11-17-07, 04:02 PM

What do you meen with the award screen ? The screen you 've got when you receive a message or the screen you 've got when you open the box with all your medals ?

The screen you get upon returning to base after a patrol where you are awarded a silver star, or whatever. Your promotion is only visible in the header (addressee, i.e. you). It only says: TO: Cdr. William Bligh
Its real easy to miss. There is NO message from BUPERS, although there certainly should be. :nope:

Something like this would be appropriate:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb239/RogerDodger1946/PromotionCert.jpg

raifg
11-17-07, 06:44 PM
Thank you
I found out: I am Captain
You are right you hace to pay attention If you want to notice that...

Thank you for your help :up:

Raifg

hyperion2206
11-18-07, 05:54 AM
The screen you get upon returning to base after a patrol where you are awarded a silver star, or whatever. Your promotion is only visible in the header (addressee, i.e. you). It only says: TO: Cdr. William Bligh
Its real easy to miss. There is NO message from BUPERS, although there certainly should be. :nope:

Something like this would be appropriate:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb239/RogerDodger1946/PromotionCert.jpg

Do you remember SH1 were you would get e.g. Presidential Unit Citations etc. ? Would be really cool if they had implemented that.:yep:

Sailor Steve
11-18-07, 01:01 PM
Yes, I always enjoyed hearing "Attention to orders!":sunny: