PDA

View Full Version : Ctd's On A Laptop

banjo
11-03-07, 05:48 PM
I loaded SH4 and patched it to 1.3 on my wife's laptop in preparation for a trip. Everything went fine until it tries to go into the operational part of the game (i.e. start outside the port). Then it ctd's to the MS error reporting blurb and a black screen. Its' been so long, I don't remember all the reasons this game used to crash. I thought the patch was supposed to take care of that. Anyway, anyone have any ideas of things I could try? I did lower graphic options to lowest but no help.

Thanks!

Rockin Robbins
11-03-07, 06:15 PM
What kind of graphics card do you have on the laptop? Does it use shared memory or does it have its own RAM? This is almost certainly the problem. Almost all SH4 CTD's are directly traceable to inadequate computers. The bad news is that with a laptop, likely there is no fix but another computer.

Argus00
11-03-07, 07:08 PM
I have a friend who plays sh4 on a laptop, vista, gforce go7600, 2gig ram, and the game freezes on him every now and again for no particular reason, and he needs to exit and restart the game. No CTD's however.

PS - shouldn't your problem be called a CTL - Crash To Laptop? :o

sorry, couldn't resist :D

banjo
11-03-07, 09:17 PM
Ha! Good one. It could be that this laptop is not up to the task. Tks guys.

sabot
11-03-07, 11:17 PM
I run SH4, IL2 and Steel Beast all from a laptop with no problem. It's a HP Pavilion with a wide screen