PDA

View Full Version : So how much longer till the patch?

Ducimus
11-03-07, 01:10 PM
The anticipation is killing me, and i really want to start working forward on TM so i can be done with it!

hyperion2206
11-03-07, 01:44 PM
I asked the same question in a different thread and here's the answer I got from TDK1044:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=683451&postcount=110

Ducimus
11-03-07, 02:21 PM
xmas release huh? maaaannnn.

FIREWALL
11-03-07, 02:30 PM
I've noticed a slow down in mod development.

Is it due to waiting on patch for compatability reasons ?

I'm a TM 1,64 and ROW user and couldn't be happier.

This is the SH4 SuperMod for me. :D

Btw I've tried the other mods and while great , To each his own.

Can hardly wait for next installment. :yep:

Ducimus
11-03-07, 03:55 PM
I've noticed a slow down in mod development.

Is it due to waiting on patch for compatability reasons ?

I can't answer for others, but i don't intend to do squat until the patch is released. The more i do now, the harder i make it for myself later.

Rockin Robbins
11-03-07, 04:06 PM
What is great for us is modders' hell! Time to quit worrying, play the game and forget about the patch until it comes out. We have a GREAT game now and we should enjoy that, not worry about what comes next. Hakuna Matata! Or something like that.:arrgh!:

hyperion2206
11-03-07, 05:44 PM
What is great for us is modders' hell! Time to quit worrying, play the game and forget about the patch until it comes out. We have a GREAT game now and we should enjoy that, not worry about what comes next. Hakuna Matata! Or something like that.:arrgh!:

I wish I could forget it, but 1.4 promises that ships finally see torpedo wakes, making it harder to sink ships. That's just too awesome to forget.:rock:

leovampire
11-03-07, 06:16 PM
Is for several reasons. Number 1 the Dev's have truly paid attention to the threads about repairs and have sifted through them to the point where they want to repair as much as possable to make sure there are no problems and stuff missed to make it the last one needed.

To go through Dotting every single I and crossing every single T in check's and double check's is verey time consumming both in work and testing.

Redoing game engine's from scratch and reworking old code's to new one's is a far from easy task to say the least.

A December release would be a nice Christmas present from the Dev's if they have done everything everyone has mentioned for problems and seeing it is all totaly free work I think it is worth the wait from Santa's Dev's elve's.

As a modder I know the wait to see what it will do to our work is a killer but isn't it worth it if there is a ton less to deal with in game that is already fixed and to our liking?

donut
11-03-07, 06:25 PM
Around the corner:up: :lol: Hope we live that long:shifty:

Ducimus
11-03-07, 09:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, i want the developers to do all they can. The anticipation is just killing me, i can wait for them to get it right and do all they can, and yet i can't wait! :rotfl:

Peto
11-03-07, 10:42 PM
My reply is for the modders: Take some time off and enjoy what you've done! The rest of us are!!! Wait for the patch and see how it fits in with what you've already done and--if you want to--continue work then.

IMHO there's no reason to do more when there's a patch around the corner...

Peto

Ducimus
11-04-07, 02:34 AM
Well, xmas, err i mean december, is a ways away, i think i might kick one more version of TM out the door for the heck of it.

hyperion2206
11-04-07, 04:26 AM
How come that everybody is talking about a December release? I thought the Patch was due end of November.:huh:

Ducimus
11-04-07, 05:33 AM
End of november, is sort of like the beginning of december. My logic is, if you tell yourself its not tell then, then you'll stop watching the pot boil, and just move on and forget about it, and be pleasantly surpised later on.

hyperion2206
11-04-07, 07:19 AM
End of november, is sort of like the beginning of december. My logic is, if you tell yourself its not tell then, then you'll stop watching the pot boil, and just move on and forget about it, and be pleasantly surpised later on.

I agree that end of november is allmost the same as beginning of december, but what startled me was that some are saying that the patch will be released around x-mas.;)

Torplexed
11-04-07, 07:27 AM
"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

Stick it in yer wizard's cap Gandalf! :damn:

hyperion2206
11-04-07, 08:02 AM
"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

Stick it in yer wizard's cap Gandalf! :damn:

That's a good one,Torplexed!:rotfl:

tater
11-04-07, 09:41 AM
I agree that end of november is allmost the same as beginning of december, but what startled me was that some are saying that the patch will be released around x-mas.;)

Maybe it's the fact all the bloody stores are already putting out their Christmas crap, and my kids haven't even eaten their Halloween candy yet ;)

tater

Digital_Trucker
11-04-07, 11:11 AM
Maybe it's the fact all the bloody stores are already putting out their Christmas crap, and my kids haven't even eaten their Halloween candy yet ;)

tater

Amen! They were putting out Christmas crap here before we even BOUGHT Halloween candy!

Regardless of when the patch comes out, it will seem like Christmas:arrgh!:

hyperion2206
11-04-07, 11:43 AM

tater

And I thought only German stores had this bad habit.;)

Ducimus
11-04-07, 12:38 PM
This entire portion of the calender is one big blur.

http://bigpicture.typepad.com/writing/images/merrythanksgivoween.jpg

Rockin Robbins
11-04-07, 03:45 PM
Hakuna Matata! Or something like that.:arrgh!:
I wish I could forget it, but 1.4 promises that ships finally see torpedo wakes, making it harder to sink ships. That's just too awesome to forget.:rock:

Did you have to say that???:eek:

hyperion2206
11-04-07, 04:52 PM
Hakuna Matata! Or something like that.:arrgh!:
Did you have to say that???:eek:

Of course, or should I be the only one to suffer?:arrgh!::lol:

SteamWake
11-04-07, 11:35 PM
Have a happy 'Ramahanakwanzmass' :smug:

ryanwigginton
11-05-07, 12:54 AM
How come that everybody is talking about a December release? I thought the Patch was due end of November.:huh:

Damn, I've been away to long...

It was end of October/early November last time I checked. :damn:

Take your time devs... get it right. :up:

LtCmdrRat
11-05-07, 03:58 AM
Have a happy 'Ramahanakwanzmass' :smug:

I usually say "Merry Crisnuka"