PDA

View Full Version : End Patrol: Invitation to Anapolis.

missleman01
11-02-07, 06:56 PM
I got home from an early patrol and was asked to teach at anapolis and "end my sea" career.

I declined cause i did not want to end so early, but my renoun was dimished.

Has anyone ever accepted this. Does it let you patrol later in the war after shore duty? Or does it really end the career.

mookiemookie
11-02-07, 07:13 PM
Nope, you're retired for good if you accept a desk job. It gets to the point where you actually have to start spending renown to stay in the game, as real careers didn't last all that long.

TteFAboB
11-02-07, 07:19 PM
I appreciate the historical fidelity but prefer to remain at sea forever. Is there anyway to edit out the cost in renown?

apojacks
11-03-07, 06:56 PM
I got home from an early patrol and was asked to teach at anapolis and "end my sea" career.

I declined cause i did not want to end so early, but my renoun was dimished.

Has anyone ever accepted this. Does it let you patrol later in the war after shore duty? Or does it really end the career.

Your career at sea is definitely over. Although from my understanding it was pretty common place. It's a waste to lose an effective captain who can teach others. :know:

-Pv-
11-04-07, 11:12 PM
This is a chance to start a new career from a different base, sub, time period, difficulty and use what you have learned to get even a higher score. You've no doubt learned how to manage your crew better earlier in the war. Start it after the next patch for even more fun.
-Pv-