PDA

View Full Version : Can my PC handle SH4?

alfresco
10-31-07, 07:14 PM
Here's the specs:

HP Notebook
1.8 Ghz processor (not dual core)
1 GB ram
Stock video

Can I still enjoy the stunning graphics I've seen in the screen shots in this forum? Can I employ most of the realistic settings?
I would really like to move to the Pacific theater of operations.

I've thoroughly enjoyed SH3 but have had problems with the GWX mod.
Thanks for your imput.

Capt. Shark Bait
10-31-07, 07:55 PM
you'ld be real lucky to get anything out of it. about time to upgrade, there, sailor. the processor's alright, but double the ram and try to get a real graphics card. integrated video oughta be illegal

bookworm_020
10-31-07, 08:23 PM
If you have a hard time with GWX, then you will not be able to get decent performance out of SH4.

I have a 3.0 Ghz processor, 2 Gig of RAM and a 6200 graphics card (it the best I can fit into the computer:cry:) It plays OK on Medium low settings, if you don't push the TC too high!

I think you will need a better computer.:yep:

Chock
10-31-07, 08:32 PM
I suspect not, the stock video will most likely not support pixel shader 2.0, and without that, SH4 will fire up to the menu screens, but the 3D will not initialise, and even if it were to do so (which it won't), it would be a slideshow.

My laptop is a relatively new one (less than 6 months old) with a dual core processor and 2 gigs of RAM, it runs Vista just fine, but because it has a stock video chip rather than a dedicated video card, it will not run SH4 or ARMA, both of which need pixel shader 2.0. And it is definitely that which is the problem, because it runs FSX like a charm, and that's a simulation that can bring some really powerful computers to their knees.

It's a bummer, but there it is, so I content myself with DW, SOF and SH3 on my laptop when I'm on my travels and want a sub fix, it runs all of them just fine. not the end of the world.

:D Chock

Rockin Robbins
10-31-07, 08:42 PM
Some HP laptops will let you add a video card. Another video card will be absolutely necessary, and 2 gb of memory is a huge improvement over one. Don't get anything less than the 6200 card. I'd be willing to say the lower limit for something you can be happy with would be a 7600GT. Of course money trumps wishes every time....

Hartmann
11-02-07, 06:44 PM
I have a 6600 gt card and i have 20 frames in open seas but only 10 with big taskforces with battleships,cruisers,destroyers, and enviromental settings off ... so i think that a 7xxx series could be better.

Sh4 work smooth with a 7600 gs card ?? i am thinking about change the card.
someone know what is the equivalent with ATI ??