PDA

View Full Version : I've gone daft ...

Snuffy
10-27-07, 04:26 PM
Okay I've searched for over two hours in the forums, but I'll be damned if I can find anything about it now.

Seems my ships have gone to being black dots and not ship profiles in the maps.

I seem to recall that there was an error in editing a file or two that caused this, can't say for certain if it were Duci, tater, or Leo, but they figured one too many spaces in a description file?

Anyone recall this?

I apprecaite the help.

Rockin Robbins
10-27-07, 04:33 PM
Are you running Trigger Maru. If you insist on the silhouettes read Ducimus' readme file (which nobody reads) to find out how to restore them. You won't like it! But some of us who are gluttons for realism think you deserve what you'll have to do to get them back.:arrgh!:

Ducimus
10-27-07, 04:40 PM
ah yes, the "fog of war" styled map contacts. I really thought it was a cool idea. Most seem to like it, some don't. But thats ok, everyones taste is a little different.

In the data/sea directory there are DDS files which contain the graphic that the game uses on the nav map. (see FAQ in support directory) I changed them all to be little black dots so you couldnt gain heading/course by a simple glance at the map. (not to mention sensor information which is sort of a cheat). Anyway, so you have to track them a little now, to gain that info. No tremendous big deal, just observe the target, place a mark, observe him again, place another mark, then draw a line connecting the two marks.

Anyway, just remove these DDS files from the mod (disabeling it first of course), and you should have the stock map icons back. be warned however, some ships in the data/sea directory are NEW ships, so there isnt a stock icon listed for them in the default installation. So by removing the graphic on these ships, you will have no map icon at all.

Snuffy
10-27-07, 05:54 PM
That would explain it then. I've upgraded to the latest TM and ... like everyone else ... didn't read the documentation. :damn:

I thought maybe it was the new DC mods that changed them over. Ooops! Thanks guys!

Especially you Duci! TM is the greatest!