PDA

View Full Version : more rooms in addon

RICH12ACE
10-27-07, 03:30 PM
hi are we geting a captain cabin or MORE rooms in the sh4 addon and hunting jap AL subs?? I WISH! can they put it in the "to do list:rotfl: :rotfl: "

SteminDemon13
10-27-07, 04:07 PM
engine roooooooooooom. To hell with the captains cabin!, I will sleep in the engine room!:arrgh!:

Capt Jack Russell
10-28-07, 04:40 PM
I'm all for the Capt Cabin, especially if it could be combined with time accelleration (w/wake-up for action). Game immersion would greatly increased if certain tasks could only be performed from specific areas. Like using the attack periscope from the Con, crew assignments-log from the Cabin, map work from Control.

bruges
10-28-07, 04:50 PM
seriously that would be so cool. i remember sh3 there was a bed but you could not sleep in it :(

LukeFF
10-28-07, 09:35 PM
A captain's cabin and engine room add absolutely nothing to game play and take away development time from other, more important fixes.

SteminDemon13
10-28-07, 10:31 PM
A captain's cabin and engine room add absolutely nothing to game play and take away development time from other, more important fixes.

:arrgh!: The engine room/fire room is the life blood of the ship or boat, without it you go nowhere. We <engineer's> are unknown to many and I think that we have been forgotten, or left out long enough. In how many of these documetary's do you see them talking about those who sail below? It is very rare, and when things do get shown it is only but a few seconds, but yet we are the life blood of the ship.
So maybe for you it would add absolutely "nothing" to the game, but for many of us forgotten souls who sail below it would mean the world if for just once the unknown can become appreciated just a little bit. Many of us snipes never got to enjoy the luxuries of steel beach picnics or other "Activities" that are planned by the ship or boat, because after an 18 hour day (and sometimes even longer) we have to run to eat before the mess line closes and still wait on a long line because those greedy &(%*^ want to eat for their second or third time, crap, shower and shave and hope to get at least 4 hours of sleep to wake up and do it all over again.
Hell, if they make an engine room, and make multiplayer so where different people can crew different stations I'll join your sub luke and give you all the damn slap happy speed that those diesel and electric engines will allow and show you how we engineers get down:cool: .
I'm damn proud to be an engineer! :rock: :D

Capt Jack Russell
10-28-07, 11:21 PM
What separates a sim from a "point & shoot"? It's that wonderful level of detail that only a computer can deliver that allows you to micro-manage, learn and enjoy a complex machine we don't normally have access to. That's why the internal layout is so important to many of us. Hell, I'd like to see a repair crew working on a busted gun topside, taking apart an engine, putting out a fire in the pump room, loading torpedos, food and water at dock side, getting me coffee! Detail is everything!

captiandon
10-28-07, 11:38 PM
I want the Head. When You got to go you got to GO. All kidding aside I wish that they would put the entire boat in. Would be good and also with todays Computers and Graphics it would be a much better game if they would. It would be nice to go ahead and watch the torpedo crew loading the torpedos.

supposedtobeworking
10-28-07, 11:45 PM
I want the whole damn submarine!!!!! please!!!!

hyperion2206
10-29-07, 02:56 AM

AMEN!

JT1981
10-29-07, 05:31 AM
Yeah,I think more rooms maybe a good idea,especially the engine room and the torpedo room and........everything.....

Torplexed
10-29-07, 06:23 AM
The only room I want is the suite at the Royal Hawaiian after a long arduous patrol. :cool:

SteamWake
10-29-07, 09:13 AM
The only room I want is the suite at the Royal Hawaiian after a long arduous patrol. :cool:

Complete with "room service" ;)

Digital_Trucker
10-29-07, 09:52 AM
My poor old computer is having trouble enough handling what we have. Adding much more (without some kind of option to skip the new rooms) would leave a fairly substantial number of folks without the ability to play the game. While we would all love to have the "latest greatest" hardware, it just isn't possible for some folks. Just a thought.

Sailor Steve
10-29-07, 10:41 AM

:arrgh!: The engine room/fire room is the life blood of the ship or boat, without it you go nowhere. We <engineer's> are unknown to many and I think that we have been forgotten, or left out long enough. In how many of these documetary's do you see them talking about those who sail below? It is very rare, and when things do get shown it is only but a few seconds, but yet we are the life blood of the ship.
So maybe for you it would add absolutely "nothing" to the game, but for many of us forgotten souls who sail below it would mean the world if for just once the unknown can become appreciated just a little bit. Many of us snipes never got to enjoy the luxuries of steel beach picnics or other "Activities" that are planned by the ship or boat, because after an 18 hour day (and sometimes even longer) we have to run to eat before the mess line closes and still wait on a long line because those greedy &(%*^ want to eat for their second or third time, crap, shower and shave and hope to get at least 4 hours of sleep to wake up and do it all over again.
Hell, if they make an engine room, and make multiplayer so where different people can crew different stations I'll join your sub luke and give you all the damn slap happy speed that those diesel and electric engines will allow and show you how we engineers get down:cool: .
Granted that all of that is true, but how much time does the captain spend in the engine room, or the torpedo rooms for that matter. The problem is we are not looking at a control panel like the one in SH2; we are looking at a complete, working engine room with full crew that have to be animated for each compartment, and then no one will be satisfied with *just* that, they'll want more interaction, i.e. talking with the crew in each compartment, and having any problems in that compartment animated with crew trying to fix them...

It's a great thought for the future, but consider adding one month of waiting for each compartment for each sub, and maybe $5 to the price for each compartment for each sub, and see how attractive it is then.

Me, I would have settled for a rehash of AOD or SH1, with more modern graphics and no animated compartments at all.

RICH12ACE
10-29-07, 11:01 AM
i do hope we get these things :yep: :up: there are to many do gooders on this forum saying NO! why!

flintlock
10-29-07, 02:35 PM
It's a great thought for the future, but consider adding one month of waiting for each compartment for each sub, and maybe $5 to the price for each compartment for each sub, and see how attractive it is then.It still remains as attractive as ever. No, wait--actually more so!

SteminDemon13
10-29-07, 04:22 PM
Ok Sailor Steve, you got one month and I'm sending you $5 along with another $3.89 for a captains cabin for Rich12. Digital Trucker, when we get these things you can come over and play on my computer, I'll even throw in some Barbeque and maybe even my girlfriend so long as you bring the beer:()1:.

Sailor Steve
10-29-07, 04:24 PM
AWRIGHT! That much money will let me finally get an apartment again; then I can play too!:rock:

I'll have it done and in the mail tomorrow!

SteminDemon13
10-29-07, 04:36 PM
out by tomorrow:D? I'll even throw in the girlfriend to cover the postage costs.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

Sailor Steve
10-29-07, 05:01 PM
Ooh! I think I'm gonna faint!:dead:

Digital_Trucker
10-29-07, 06:44 PM
I'll even throw in some Barbeque and maybe even my girlfriend so long as you bring the beer:()1:.

out by tomorrow:D? I'll even throw in the girlfriend to cover the postage costs.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm thinking maybe we need to see a picture of his girlfriend before we take him up on this:rotfl:

LukeFF
10-29-07, 07:36 PM
That's why the internal layout is so important to many of us. Hell, I'd like to see a repair crew working on a busted gun topside, taking apart an engine, putting out a fire in the pump room, loading torpedos, food and water at dock side, getting me coffee! Detail is everything!

...and it takes a LOT of time to animate all of that. Look at the animations we have right now - very simple ones at that. How much time do you think it would take to code all of what is in the above quote? WAY more time than the team could ever reasonably devote to the game at this point in time.

Hartmann
10-29-07, 07:45 PM

AMEN!

Agree :yep:

with the command room and tower is enough for a submarine simulator, other areas are nice but only for eye candy .

The only interesting room could be the captain cabin , but only if there are useful things inside, like a calendar and moon phases , log book, recon book, war information, and classified documents like commando operations.

SteminDemon13
10-29-07, 08:42 PM
Well, dont have no pics right now, and hell, I dont even know how to post screen shots up in here. I need to get my scanner working though. But she's hot:rock: .

But yes, I would feel the same way if someone was throwing their girlfriend out there :lol: .
Actually had that happened last year, one of my buddy's surprised me and had his girl wake me up, I saw her face, then she started kissing me and I was like whoa! and then after that, well you know.....It was great:ping: !! Talk about spur of the moment surprise. I think that was the best gift I got from a friend.

hyperion2206
10-30-07, 08:53 AM
The only thing I really do miss animation and game play wise is a plotting party. Would be cool to see your crew members plotting the course of the ship you're hunting.:yep:

kikn79
10-30-07, 09:49 AM

Just for you SD13. An engine room complete with distillers....

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/kikn79/USS_Cobia/Engine%20Room/tn_DSCF5665.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/kikn79/USS_Cobia/Engine%20Room/tn_DSCF5664.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/kikn79/USS_Cobia/Engine%20Room/tn_DistillerTanks.jpg

Chuck

SteminDemon13
10-30-07, 02:36 PM
Chuck, thanks for those pics.:up: I could almost reach out and touch them, although the glass on my monitor was in the way.

Sailor Steve
10-30-07, 05:12 PM
Yeah, but those pictures are fake.

I mean, they can't be real.

Way too clean.

SteminDemon13
10-30-07, 05:49 PM
Well, I tried to get past the glass on my monitor but got electricuted in the process before I could get to the Diesels.....I WAS SO CLOSE:arrgh!: .
All depends on the engineer though Steve. I have seen some pits that were straight up disasters! Like the ole Detroit. And I have seen ones that are real good lookin. If your $h*t isn't running worth a crap then there's no time to make it look good, first you fix, then you make it look good. Take the Iowa Battleships for instance (most reliable ships of the fleet when they were ative in the 80's) ,the Firerooms and Engine rooms were great. They even painted a DFT on the Iowa like a Budweiser can. My old chief was on board the Iowa till she decommed, he was there in 89 when the Explosion in #2 Happened. God Bless the 47 Sailors of #2.
On my two ships, first of which our pit was great, and we took a lot of pride, preservtion, painting and custom painting too. It looked sweet. The next one was the same.