PDA

View Full Version : Reimbursement for expenses

Sniper297
10-25-07, 02:53 PM
To: ComSubPac
Subject: Reimbursement of expenses from last patrol.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7408/56190986ef9.th.jpg (http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=56190986ef9.jpg)

Received your contact report 12/24/1941, distance to target was within range at 235 NM. Only problem, Japan was in the way. Proceeded to Yokkaichi and docked, took train to Togi and attempted to borrow a Japanese Navy sub to intercept convoy. Japanese Navy refused the loaner, so we had to take the train back to Yokkaichi empty handed. Japan being an enemy country, most expenses were extremely heavy bribes, but also:

50,000 yen for 70 rickshaws to carry crew and equipment to and from train stations.
500,000 yen for return trip train tickets to Togi
1,800,000 yen for sake and giesha girls (party for Japanese Navy personnel in return for not taking crew as POWs)

Altho we appreciate convoy and task force location reports, we're really not interested in what's going on in the mediterranean, so with all due respect please confine message traffic to Pickerel's patrol area in the future. :down:

SteamWake
10-25-07, 03:05 PM
50,000 yen for 70 rickshaws to carry crew and equipment to and from train stations.

This post.. priceless :p

clayp
10-25-07, 03:18 PM
To: USS Pickerel
Subject: Reimbursement of expenses from last patrol.

Checks in the mail...
Halsey......

AVGWarhawk
10-25-07, 03:22 PM
Now just hold it Sniper......we are getting the Army Corp of Engineers down their to survey a canal and proceed with the dig. When complete, carry on with assigned convoy!!!!

Sailor Steve
10-25-07, 04:42 PM
Be glad it's not SH3: the response would of course be "BE MORE AGRESSIVE!"

Sniper297
10-25-07, 09:07 PM
"Check's in the mail", better send it to them guys digging the canal, if they're gonna finish before that convoy gets to Alaska they're gonna need more money.

"Be more aggressive", kinda like this?

http://forums.flightsim.com/ts/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=34788&mesg_id=34788&page=

Should be able to post some like that here, take me a little while to figure out this imageshack stuff. Thumbnail in the first post I was trying to figure out how to post a full size pic that you didn't have to click on, but got my IMGs tangled up in my URLs and gave up trying to make sense of it.

SteamWake
10-26-07, 08:57 AM
Wait a minute ... People are posting SH4 stuff in the MSTS forums ? :doh:

I havent frequented those forums in a long long time.

Sniper297
10-26-07, 12:45 PM
"Wait a minute ... People are posting SH4 stuff in the MSTS forums ?"

No "people" so far, just me, and I'm not "people". Here I'm a mere swabbie, over there I'm a lesser diety! :rock:

Seriously, most simmers do more than one type of sim, probably 50% of trainsimmers are also flightsimmers, and some of us are also nuts about naval warfare games. Nels (train-sim.com owner) made "The Yard" a few years back, an off-topic forum for things not related to trains. I post over there mostly because I haven't figured out the tweaking of this image shack hosting thingamy, but I'll get it eventually. In case you're wondering, been here a couple years and very few posts, probably disappear again when the newest train simulators hit the shelves. Only got two hands, wish I could play trainsim, SH 3 and 4, combat flight sims, first person shooters, and everything else 24/7, unfortunately that dreary real life constantly gets in the way of serious fun. :cry:

Kodaita
10-26-07, 03:52 PM
Cost of 70 ricksaws? 50,000 yen

Cost of return train tickets? 500,000 yen

Cost of party to avoid cature? 1,800,00 yen

Being able to sip sake with Tojo and Yamamoto just after Pearl Harbor while avoiding being bayoneted? PRICELESS

Something in life money can't buy, for everything else theres ComSubPac orders

:rotfl: