PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 4 Patch 1.4 Update

TDK1044
10-23-07, 01:23 PM
The v1.4 patch for Silent Hunter 4 is nearing completion and could be released by the end of October. The patch will be released separately from the SH4 U-boat add-on. Details to come.

mookiemookie
10-23-07, 01:28 PM
Yippeee! :arrgh!::rock::up:

DRS56
10-23-07, 01:29 PM
:o........:o.........:p

Ducimus
10-23-07, 01:47 PM
I can only hope it's available for D/L before i move on the 31st. :roll:

donut
10-23-07, 02:12 PM
Add-on"gratus,or hard-cash ?

Bilge_Rat
10-23-07, 02:19 PM
I'd better hurry up and finish my patrol.

:ahoy:

ryanwigginton
10-23-07, 02:48 PM
:rock: Great news!

Dagooz
10-23-07, 02:57 PM
Sounds good. Haven't played the game in a while so perhaps it's time to give it a go again then. Can't say it's the bugs that kept me away. Never had any gamestopping of those :). Don't really care 'bout no addon...

swdw
10-23-07, 03:10 PM
The patch will be released separately from the SH4 U-boat add-on. Details to come.

Which leads me to think of this question for the devs. :hmm:

Have you thought about doing an SH4 "pay for" add-on in the future that would bring British/ Australian/ Dutch submarines in actoin in the Mediteraanean, Atlantic, Indian Ocean and Pacific oceans? Make this an add-on to SH4, and you'd also be able to get more updates into the gameplay / graphics system and get some pay for it.

Between SH4 and SH3, a number of the basic models / terrain features are in place that would work with some modification.

Treat it like the Rainbow Six series where the release adds enhancements to the previous relaese but requires it to run. You could limit it to the Pacific and Indian Ocean and release another update later that would put the british boats in their European Theater.

You could even throw a few Russian boats in the mix.

Associated links:
http://home.cogeco.ca/~gchalcraft/sm/
http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignsBritishSubs2.htm

SteamWake
10-23-07, 03:20 PM

Thats the impression I got was that the add on was a buyware and the included patch will be available free as a seperate download.

Doesent bother me Ill probably pay for the add.

Oh gawd almost forgot... SOON ! tm

XLjedi
10-23-07, 03:40 PM

Thats the impression I got was that the add on was a buyware and the included patch will be available free as a seperate download.

http://www.xl-logic.com/emoticon/wowee.gif http://www.xl-logic.com/emoticon/thumbcool.gif

That's got me excited now. If it's a purchased add-on it's gotta be something more than just some new 3D models. I'm really hoping for a uboat-style TDC and Atlantic ops!

On the other hand, if I buy it and it uses the PK in a u-boat I'd be a little ticked.:shifty:

gymrat57
10-23-07, 03:49 PM
I like the 1.4 and the add-ons seperate.
I just want the patch for now.:know:
First things first:yep:
I will take the wait and see about the add-ons.:hmm:

Ducimus
10-23-07, 03:49 PM
Details to come.

It just occured to me, a list of what it will fix would be pretty cool. :88)

Rockin Robbins
10-23-07, 03:55 PM
I'm out here still west of Japan. Just missed with 2 torpedoes perfectly targeted that passed just underneath my target, ROW has been updated, Ducimus updated TM, tater has a couple mods out I want to try, and now Ubi is going to release the patch BEFORE I CAN GET TO PORT!!!!!!
:/\\!!:eek::damn::damn::eek::/\\!! All this great stuff and I'm at sea!

[REQ] A Star Trek transporter that will teleport the entire submarine to port when new mods or patches come out. Oh, no!!! I'd have to be in port to install it... :help:

I better get ziggin' and zaggin'!

DanCanovas
10-23-07, 03:56 PM
The v1.4 patch for Silent Hunter 4 is nearing completion and could be released by the end of October. The patch will be released separately from the SH4 U-boat add-on. Details to come.

SH4 U-boat add-on? :o

DeepSix
10-23-07, 03:59 PM
...Thats the impression I got was that the add on was a buyware and the included patch will be available free as a seperate download.

Same here - but I'll probably wait and see if 1.4 fixes things that (IMO) need fixing. If so, then I'm more likely to open my wallet.:)

MONOLITH
10-23-07, 04:01 PM

Hello, and welcome to two weeks ago. :rotfl:

:up:

Ducimus
10-23-07, 04:07 PM

I guess he missed the two large threads of flames, spread accross two different messageboards. :lol:

Wilcke
10-23-07, 04:28 PM

I guess he missed the two large threads of flames, spread accross two different messageboards. :lol:

Yes he did.....! It was very entertaining. Not to be repetitive but since the "cat is out of the bag"....is there a list of fixes or changes included in 1.4. You can just add it to my nice heaping plate of crow.

Wilcke

Ducimus
10-23-07, 04:41 PM
Yes he did.....! It was very entertaining. Not to be repetitive but since the "cat is out of the bag"....is there a list of fixes or changes included in 1.4. You can just add it to my nice heaping plate of crow.

Wilcke

Mine too, pass the ketchup!
http://www.gizmodo.jp/img/060816eating_crow.jpg

MONOLITH
10-23-07, 04:42 PM
Now that we know the patch and the Uboats are seperate releases. You can bet the add on will be a purchase event.

I'm totally cool with that. A new product should be new $.

I'll be buying. Looking forward to it. :up:

Alex
10-23-07, 05:08 PM
A new product should be new $.

http://yelims3.free.fr/Hopital/Hopital22.gif http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9731/hopital15zb5.gif

:-?

I'll be buying.

:hmm: ...

AVGWarhawk
10-23-07, 05:47 PM
Well, I'm glad that the patch and add on are separate. Personally, I do not think that I would be using the uboat function and therefore do not need it on my hard drive. However, the patch will be installed as I always thought the patch at this stage is bonus material. At any rate, nice to know UBI is on the case!

Ducimus
10-23-07, 06:00 PM
All i want is that patch! But at this moment in time, ill settle on the patch's readme file. :lol:

bookworm_020
10-23-07, 06:02 PM
I'll get the patch the moment it comes out, I'll buy the add on later.

TDK1044
10-23-07, 06:06 PM
For me, the U Boat Add On would need to go some way towards merging SH3 and SH4 in order for me to be interested. The only reason I don't have SH3 on this system is Starforce. If the SH4 Add On really gave the modders the ability to finish the Atlantic campaign, then it would be well worth the money in my view. :D

tater
10-23-07, 06:09 PM
I'd only buy it if I thought it added something useful for the Pacific. New units (japanese), new capabilities, etc. If it just adds u-boats and some campaign stuff at the same level as stock (ie: not that great) I'd be hard pressed to see why I should. They could throw in the entire Atlantic, I'd still not care unless it adds useful target ships for me, etc.

tater

TDK1044
10-23-07, 06:11 PM
I'd only buy it if I thought it added something useful for the Pacific. New units (japanese), new capabilities, etc. If it just adds u-boats and some campaign stuff at the same level as stock (ie: not that great) I'd be hard pressed to see why I should. They could throw in the entire Atlantic, I'd still not care unless it adds useful target ships for me, etc.

tater

I agree with you, tater. I just selfishly want a version of SHIII with no SF. :D

Ducimus
10-23-07, 06:33 PM
I'd love to state the obvious about SH3 and Starforce, but instead ill just roll my eyes. :roll:

AVGWarhawk
10-23-07, 07:00 PM

tater

Who knows Tater, maybe they will add a ship or two.

mookiemookie
10-23-07, 07:09 PM

tater

tater with his "kaibokan wishes" and "sea truck dreams"

sunvalleyslim
10-23-07, 07:19 PM
sweet, it's almost here............................:up::up::up::up:

AVGWarhawk
10-23-07, 07:21 PM

tater

I thought it was champain dreams:hmm: . Oh sorry, that was life styles of the rich and famous. :88)

Ducimus
10-23-07, 07:49 PM
I find myself camping this thread.

I feel alot like these guys:
http://blogs.business2.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/28/img_1192_2.jpg
Waiting for patch 1.4!

clayman
10-23-07, 08:03 PM
Classic Ducimus ... :rotfl:

I'm very happy about this. This would actually make me think about buying the add-on since it's our choice / not shoved down our throats. That their releasing the patch separate is the stand-up thing to do.

-Pv-
10-23-07, 08:05 PM
Like most of us, happy to know the patch is very close. I played the Uboat sims when that was all there was. Did that. The add-on will have to be something very dramatic to attact my attention.
-Pv-

Weather-guesser
10-23-07, 08:26 PM
Outstanding! At least the release of the patch seperately will cut down on flaming.
Not to say that there wont be unhappy people with the add-on. Some will never be pleased.

I'm looking forward with the add-on just to see what they have done with the UBOAT
in "SH4 LAND" :o

mookiemookie
10-23-07, 08:55 PM

tater
I thought it was champain dreams:hmm: . Oh sorry, that was life styles of the rich and famous. :88)

kinda where I was going with that comment :up:

MONOLITH
10-23-07, 09:05 PM
Alex, I'm not understanding your point/message with the smilies, so I don't know if I should be laughing or insulted.

I'm hoping for the former. :hmm:

DeepIron
10-23-07, 09:16 PM
I'd only buy it if I thought it added something useful for the Pacific. New units (japanese), new capabilities, etc.

I'm with tater... I have no interest in the Atlantic theatre... strictly Pacific.
Hopefully the 1.4 patch is everything that is needed/wanted/expected <choose one>

I am wondering tho', how many of the existing 1.3 mods are going to break... :hmm:

Elder-Pirate
10-23-07, 09:57 PM
I find myself camping this thread.

I feel alot like these guys:
http://blogs.business2.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/28/img_1192_2.jpg
Waiting for patch 1.4!

Is that guy eating crow Ducimus? :arrgh!: :rotfl:

ironkross
10-23-07, 10:09 PM
I hope they fix the endless patrol bug; which has hit my game and won't let me dock....but I have to be in base to install the patch....:damn:

tater
10-23-07, 10:14 PM
And I was thinking it was a Tom Waits reference (Sweet Little Bullet from a Pretty Blue Gun).

tater

tater
10-23-07, 10:15 PM
A couple ships is fine as long as they are japanese.

US ships are a waste of time, I never see them anyway.

tater

mookiemookie
10-23-07, 11:16 PM
A couple ships is fine as long as they are japanese.

US ships are a waste of time, I never see them anyway.

tater
Agreed. Give us new ships that we actually interact with! And by "interact with" I mean sink with Japanese merchant sailors screaming all the way to the bottom as they head to the land of wind and ghosts. :arrgh!:

Go4It
10-23-07, 11:17 PM
I would get the patch if:

1: infiltrate Pearl
2: Patrol off the weat coast of N. America
3: Patrol the Indian Ocean an off Australia.

Iron Budokan
10-23-07, 11:58 PM
After I see a readme I'll decide then if I wanna reinstall and play SH4 again. (Once bitten, twice shy.) But, yeah, this is still good news and I applaud UBI for standing up and supporting the product.

I'll certainly download the patch for my 9 year old at any rate. He loves SH4 and plays it on the downstairs computer after he's done his homework. :yep:

DanCanovas
10-24-07, 01:13 AM

Well we havent all got shore leave Captain!! :D anyway ive been away for a while and just re-installing SH4. looks like i've missed alot!! is the U-boat add on a whole new Atlantic campaign for SH4?

Reece
10-24-07, 01:36 AM
Ducimus said:
I can only hope it's available for D/L before i move on the 31st. :roll:
What .. Where!:huh:

I guess I will be doing 2 things soon:
1) Installing SHIV.:yep:
2) Eating some delicious humble pie!:88)

rascal101
10-24-07, 02:07 AM
My underpants are really lumpy,
I want it all right now, patch, UBoats the lot,
I just love WW2 Sub sims give it to me now.

The simple fact is, once we have the UBoat and whatever goodies come with it, the modders will go nuts and presto, a new game is born. This time, those of us who love SH4 graphics will get decent UBoat models and a believable environment, especially with the Reflections on Water mod, Run Silent Run Deep and Real Fleet Boat and Trigger Maru and GWX and NYGM and, well need I go on

bruschi sauro
10-24-07, 03:15 AM
?????.....non ho parole......:hmm:

The General
10-24-07, 04:07 AM
I suspect Patch 1.4 will be less about fixing bugs and stuff and more about making SH4 compatible with the add-on, which we have to pay for. Ubisoft are in business to make money. I hope I'm wrong, the 'readme' file will shed some light.

longam
10-24-07, 04:36 AM
The add-on can only be a step in the right direction toward expansion of the series. :up: Bring on the patch, wait! This means ROW will be delayed even more. :damn:

Snakeeyes
10-24-07, 05:18 AM
I suspect Patch 1.4 will be less about fixing bugs and stuff and more about making SH4 compatible with the add-on, which we have to pay for. Ubisoft are in business to make money. I hope I'm wrong, the 'readme' file will shed some light.

I'm not merging my version of SHIV with the patch until I know that all my mods work ok on it. I've got it stable and beautiful right now.

Of course... new weaps or INSANELY cool additions to my boat will have my mind changed eventually.

I, like you, want to see the readme file.

SteamWake
10-24-07, 08:04 AM
I'm not merging my version of SHIV with the patch until I know that all my mods work ok on it. I've got it stable and beautiful right now.

I dont know for certain but rest assured there WILL be a conflict with some mod somewhere.

Id recommend a clean install.

Oh... I can hear it now "Patch does this, patch does that, patch causes CTD's" and 99% of it will be because of mod conflicts.

Reece
10-24-07, 08:12 AM
My underpants are really lumpy
Yeh ... I think ..... Crap, I'm just not going there!:nope:

Galanti
10-24-07, 08:26 AM

I dont know for certain but rest assured there WILL be a conflict with some mod somewhere.

Id recommend a clean install.

Oh... I can hear it now "Patch does this, patch does that, patch causes CTD's" and 99% of it will be because of mod conflicts.

Good advice....also, if the past three patches are any indication, the patch installer will not overrwrite readonly files (nor will it throw an exception, thus hiding the problem!), so if one is manually installing mods that unintentionally contain read-only files, you will patched some files and not others.

I've always scoffed at those who advocate reinstalling everything whenever the wind changes direction, but having futzed around with SH4 patches/mods long enough, I would suggest a complete reinstall when 1.4 comes....

TDK1044
10-24-07, 08:38 AM
I have to say that with SH4, I uninstall my mods...add the latest patch and then wait for my mods to be compatible with the new patch and install them again. I have yet to have a single CTD with this game and I've been playing it since the first day it was released. :D

SteamWake
10-24-07, 08:57 AM
I have yet to have a single CTD with this game and I've been playing it since the first day it was released. :D

Oh now youve done it ! :lol:

What about that one time the power went out ? huh ? :hmm:

Ive had a handfull of CTD's while playing. None of them were directly related to the game. Silly things like the stupid Virus protection deciding to update or a video card comming loose.

Never is indeed a long time.

TDK1044
10-24-07, 09:01 AM
Oh now youve done it ! :lol:

What about that one time the power went out ? huh ? :hmm:

Yep...you got me on that one. :D

Axlwolf
10-24-07, 09:39 AM
:hmm:

Well,i will keep an eye on this famous add-on
I love U-Boat and my dream was to see the boat of SH3 transferred to SH4 engine :D
but....i was thinking...what about surface ship?
I don't mean now,but it would be an interesting add-on for the future.

stuntcow
10-24-07, 09:49 AM
Power going out can not be referred to as a CTD. When the power goes out, there is no desktop to go to......Like there is no spoon. Would be more of a CTB. crash to black...

Thanks for the update.....

Elder-Pirate
10-24-07, 11:45 AM
Power going out can not be referred to as a CTD. When the power goes out, there is no desktop to go to......Like there is no spoon. Would be more of a CTB. crash to black...

I've a 1500 VA 900 watt UPS ( Uninterruptible Power Supply ) battery back up so that I do not have to worry about power outs. It's really pretty good Gaming insurance let alone anything else your doing on the computer at that time.

http://ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=35&pPath=154&productID=447

Although it list for $219.99 U.S., I gave $150 inc. S&H + tax. A top notch machine IMHO. Also its now at present not available from Ultra but there are others just as good or even better.

Whats the old saying.......It's better to be safe than sorry. :up:

Raptor22ADF
10-24-07, 12:18 PM
I'll take whatever comes in whatever fashion UBI handles it.

I'm patient. :|\\

AVGWarhawk
10-24-07, 12:25 PM
I'll take whatever comes in whatever fashion UBI handles it.

I'm patient. :|\\

Thats the spirit!:yep:

mcarlsonus
10-24-07, 01:09 PM
...but I'm sitting here looking at the lovely "U-Boat Battle in the Mediterranean" add-on for SH3. It was done by someone other than UBI ("X1 Software"), but was a nice, and reasonably priced "enhancer."

I found and purchased it from a supplier in England (I'm REALLY in the US - Kansas!). Never saw anything like it offered over here. Took a big chance on its not being Zone-compatible, but it loaded and ran like a charm!

Is anyone aware of any add-ons of this type being done for SH4?

Capt. Shark Bait
10-24-07, 01:10 PM
:smug:

TDK1044
10-24-07, 01:19 PM
...but I'm sitting here looking at the lovely "U-Boat Battle in the Mediterranean" add-on for SH3. It was done by someone other than UBI ("X1 Software"), but was a nice, and reasonably priced "enhancer."

I found and purchased it from a supplier in England (I'm REALLY in the US - Kansas!). Never saw anything like it offered over here. Took a big chance on its not being Zone-compatible, but it loaded and ran like a charm!

In my opinion, what you purchased was probably a package of stolen mods sold at retail.

longam
10-24-07, 01:22 PM

mookiemookie
10-24-07, 02:01 PM
The SubSim SH4 Forum. I mean that's where companies like X1 steal their content from anyways.

Snakeeyes
10-24-07, 02:37 PM
I won't lose all my campaign files if I reinstall right? They are partitioned away in my documents file set right?

As long as I get into port I should be ok right?

mrbeast
10-24-07, 02:50 PM

There is one for SH4, but personally I wouldn't bother with it or any other 'add on' packs that are sold. Most of the fixes on them are copied from material on here and free to download. Not only that but most of the fixes are old and out of date, things that were fixed by mods posted on here long ago.

Capt. Shark Bait
10-24-07, 04:58 PM
i would suggest that no one buy any "addons" for SH4 that's not put out by UBI. anything else will have been stolen from the modders here who put a lot of work into improving a decent game, and i seriously doubt they'ld get credit for said work. this was done to SH3 modders who had their work pirated and, apparently, also loaded up with spyware

Elder-Pirate
10-24-07, 05:32 PM
I'm way to far out at sea to be back before 1.4 arrives. Think I'll find some south sea Is. and watch the ladies..........er scenery, sink the sub, start a new career with patch 1.4. :arrgh!:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/Huladancers.jpg

dean_acheson
10-30-07, 12:08 PM

Well,i will keep an eye on this famous add-on
I love U-Boat and my dream was to see the boat of SH3 transferred to SH4 engine :D
but....i was thinking...what about surface ship?
I don't mean now,but it would be an interesting add-on for the future.

Yes, they could call it, Destroyer Command II.

Lt commander lare
10-30-07, 01:53 PM
any news of it being released before november 1st

lt commander lare

TDK1044
10-30-07, 01:55 PM
Now that they have extracted the patch from the Add On, I would expect the patch in mid November and the Add On at a later date.

Reece
11-05-07, 06:07 AM
any news of it being released before november 1st
No!:lol:

Be patient like me!:sunny: ............................... I lied, I want the patch now!:damn::cry::cry:

bruschi sauro
11-05-07, 07:04 AM

In my opinion, what you purchased was probably a package of stolen mods sold at retail.
Yes Mate you are right:

General Tso
11-06-07, 11:31 AM
I just downloaded the 1.4b patch from Ubisoft. Can somebody tell me if I need to uninstall all of my mods before installing the patch?

seafarer
11-06-07, 11:35 AM
I just downloaded the 1.4b patch from Ubisoft. Can somebody tell me if I need to uninstall all of my mods before installing the patch?

err, the SHIV patch 1.4 is not out yet - you must have downloaded the Silent Hunter III 1.4/1.4b patch.

General Tso
11-06-07, 11:38 AM
Ooops sorry about that.

SteamWake
11-06-07, 12:09 PM
To answer your original question General Tso.

YES.. absolutly, in fact you might want to consider un-installing, cleaning up the registry, re-installing, then applying the patch.

A 'clean' install is the only assured way to avoid problems.

TDK1044
11-06-07, 01:43 PM
While SteamWake is technically quite correct, I have always just added each new patch to the existing game and I have yet to experience a problem. I disable all my mods, install the new patch and then play and wait for the mods to become compatible with the new patch.

For total safety, do it SteamWake's way, but 9 times out of 10 just adding the new patch is fine. :D

Argus00
11-06-07, 01:52 PM
Jeez General Tso don't DO that, I've got kids to grow :rotfl:

SteamWake
11-06-07, 01:53 PM
While SteamWake is technically quite correct, I have always just added each new patch to the existing game and I have yet to experience a problem. I disable all my mods, install the new patch and then play and wait for the mods to become compatible with the new patch.

For total safety, do it SteamWake's way, but 9 times out of 10 just adding the new patch is fine. :D

Some folks have all the luck :p

TDK1044
11-06-07, 01:58 PM
Yours is the correct way, SteamWake, but I've never had a problem adding patches with either SH3 or SH4.

SteamWake
11-06-07, 02:02 PM
Yours is the correct way, SteamWake, but I've never had a problem adding patches with either SH3 or SH4.

I guess it wouldent hurt anything to just try and slap the patch in there. Although I would still remove any mods first.

After all if it screws up you will end up un-installing anyhow. If it doesent screw up... well youve saved some hassle.

TDK1044
11-06-07, 02:39 PM

I guess it wouldent hurt anything to just try and slap the patch in there. Although I would still remove any mods first.

After all if it screws up you will end up un-installing anyhow. If it doesent screw up... well youve saved some hassle.

Exactly my thoughts. So far I've been lucky. :D

-Pv-
11-06-07, 09:39 PM
Never had trouble stacking on the patches in 3 or 4. If you are a heavy modder though, it's best to go back to a clean install each time.
-Pv-

scrag
11-06-07, 09:49 PM
First - really have enjoyed both games tremendously - really cool to be playing either IV or III in Combat Systems Equipment Space (CSES) when our boat heads to PD. For the patch a couple of things (yeah it is suppossed to be done but...):
Return to base would be great aka SH III
I would like to get a new boat and not have to transfer to Pearl to do it - ie Stay in Australia or have to pick her up and head to Perth.
Guys - you have a great game in either version - SHIV very few crashes and lots of periscope liberty, SHIII crashes a bit more but it captures the feel of a patrol in the NA. Either way - wearing dolphins for 21 years I salute any and ALL submarineers out there. We have a brotherhood regardless of country.
Salute
Scrag

Ducimus
11-06-07, 10:04 PM
You know whats driving me absolutley nuts about patch 1.4?

Not knowing what it's going to change. I mean, im sitting here on this mod pack ive been nursing along for a few months now, and its gotten kinda large and intriqute. I know im going to have to take it apart, piece by piece, and see what it still applicable, what's needed, and wha'ts not. It's going to take alot of time, and I know im going to burn alot of midnight oil getting it compatible, and im not looking forward to it. On the same token, i wish i could kick it in the jimmy, grab it by the horns, and get things going, so i can be done.

So its killing me, that i don't know what it is ill be doing. I so wish i knew what was changing in the files so i could get a head start on it and get it done, and nothing i can say, or do will get the ball moving any faster - it's totally out of my control. All i can do is wait.

Acutally PLAYING the game under patch 1.4? Thats the farthest thing from my mind. :huh:

Ducimus
11-06-07, 10:09 PM
Serious as a heart attack, i hope patch 1.4 does so much, that Tmaru is no longer neccessary. I hope patch 1.4 kills it dead.

mookiemookie
11-06-07, 10:09 PM
And you know what, Ducimus? That devotion to making this game better is why we have such respect for you modders. That's precisely why you guys deserve every bit of praise heaped upon you.

Thank you, for all you do for this game and for us. :up::rock:

Ducimus
11-06-07, 10:13 PM
I put on my pants one leg at a time like everybody else. Like i said, i hope patch 1.4 KILLS Tmaru, dead , dead, dead, so i dont have to worry about it anymore. All i really want to do, is play the game.

edit: Yes im venting. Right now this wait has be cracking at the seams.

THE_MASK
11-06-07, 10:29 PM
What we need is more hula dancers . Thats what dissapointed me with TM , not enough hula dancers .

leovampire
11-06-07, 10:38 PM
What we need is more hula dancers . Thats what dissapointed me with TM , not enough hula dancers .

I wouldn't put it past him at this point :rotfl:

Ducimus
11-06-07, 10:41 PM
Ok, screw this, im going on vaction...

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/Brian%20Berrettini%20in%20hula%20skirt-796787.jpg
ALOHA!

THE_MASK
11-06-07, 10:43 PM
Ubisoft started it
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/5677/comedyyl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

When Ducimus does a carry on up the pacific mod to keep the theme going i might look at it

Ducimus
11-06-07, 10:49 PM
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2007/02/istockphoto_1778141_dunce_cap1.jpg
uhhh.... Huh?

leovampire
11-06-07, 10:52 PM

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/Brian%20Berrettini%20in%20hula%20skirt-796787.jpg
ALOHA!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

maerean_m
11-06-07, 11:59 PM
i hope patch 1.4 KILLS Tmaru, dead , dead, dead, so i dont have to worry about it anymore. As it seems reading the forum, the "stock" game will NEVER satisfy anybody. People don't feel good until there is at least one mod installed. And since TMaru seems the biggest of them all, you don't stand a chance.

PS: i kinda hope that the list of mods will get shorter after the add-on.

leovampire
11-07-07, 12:03 AM
i hope patch 1.4 KILLS Tmaru, dead , dead, dead, so i dont have to worry about it anymore. As it seems reading the forum, the "stock" game will NEVER satisfy anybody. People don't feel good until there is at least one mod installed. And since TMaru seems the biggest of them all, you don't stand a chance.

PS: i kinda hope that the list of mods will get shorter after the add-on.

No need for ROW in the future? BTW you guy's are awsome for going into this kind of final detail work! Drink's and dinner on me.

Reece
11-07-07, 12:30 AM
ALOHA!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You shouldn't laugh at Ducimus like that leovampire!!:lol:

Fearless
11-07-07, 12:38 AM
I just like to see one super mod that has all the best mods combined. Add the Super Mod to the Stock latest SH4 Patched sim and call it:

"Super Silent Hunter 4. The ultimate mod creation by our talented Modders team and the Best of the Best for us Subbie Community to enjoy"

That's what I like to see happen. :lol:

Ducimus
11-07-07, 12:55 AM
I just like to see one super mod that has all the best mods combined. Add the Super Mod to the Stock latest SH4 Patched sim and call it:

"Super Silent Hunter 4. The ultimate mod creation by our talented Modders team and the Best of the Best for us Subbie Community to enjoy"

That's what I like to see happen. :lol:

I just posted something along those lines. Modders, check the mod forum, and tell me im off my rocker and need to go crawl back in the hole whence i came.

Roads88
11-07-07, 03:37 PM
Frankly patch 1.4 does not seem to do very much. TM 1.6 and ROW have made the game so much better. Patch 1.4 will most likely feel like a step backward.

Going to have to get some feed back before changing .

Or the add-on.:ping:

mookiemookie
11-07-07, 04:06 PM
Frankly patch 1.4 does not seem to do very much. TM 1.6 and ROW have made the game so much better. Patch 1.4 will most likely feel like a step backward.

I don't see how you can honestly make that statement without having seen the final changelog.

Ducimus
11-07-07, 04:15 PM
exactly. I have the distinct impression that there is ALOT they've done that they're not telling us just yet.

I suspect that at the least, TM will probably be gutted as a result of patch 1.4. So much the better i say.

Roads88
11-07-07, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads88

I don't see how you can honestly make that statement without having seen the final changelog.

There area a couple change lists Floating around here. At first and second glance they are not very impressive.

To each his own.:hmm:

FIREWALL
11-07-07, 04:37 PM
That's just the DUCE'S Halloween costume. :rotfl:

Trick or Treat :D

hyperion2206
11-07-07, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads88

There area a couple change lists Floating around here. At first and second glance they are not very impressive.

To each his own.:hmm:

The changelogs appeared a few weeks ago and we're still about a month away from the release, so there's a good chance that there is more stuff packed into this patch then we currently think. I totally trust the devs!:up::rock:

Elder-Pirate
11-07-07, 11:33 PM

ALOHA!

Add this to vacation:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/Hula.jpg

And this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/Hula2.jpg

Ahem...........WOW.

Have fun on you vacation Ducimus. :arrgh!:

Ducimus
11-08-07, 12:26 AM
Raawwrrr!

Reece
11-08-07, 04:49 AM
Raawwrrr! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Hey you've been promoted, 5,000 posts, what a blow hard!:up:

WhiskeyBravo
11-08-07, 05:03 AM

And this:

Ahem...........WOW.

So which one is Ducimus? :D

WB.

SteveW1
11-08-07, 05:22 AM

And this:

Ahem...........WOW.

WB.

I think the question is who can mod this into the game on one of the islands for us to find.

Fearless
11-08-07, 09:33 PM

And this:

Ahem...........WOW.

WB.

I think the question is who can mod this into the game on one of the islands for us to find.

Nice Roast Pig :lol: Now how do I get me boat to run aground :arrgh!:

Ducimus
11-09-07, 06:50 PM
I swear, if i dont see some new info on that patch soon, im going to crack.
http://dodoempire.net/inner-network/images/bill_the_cat.png

leovampire
11-09-07, 07:00 PM
I swear, if i dont see some new info on that patch soon, im going to crack.
http://dodoempire.net/inner-network/images/bill_the_cat.png

You will be just fine Duci till the patch is out then OMG trying to figure out what they did will be nut's if there isn't a total change log.

Download this and you will see what you will look like when looking for everything.

http://files.filefront.com/CatswothAttitudesIIwmv/;9005722;/fileinfo.html

Sorry I do not know how to make it play on the web it was sent to me in an e-mail.

Roads88
11-09-07, 07:13 PM
Duci, another Bloom County Fan.:up:

Been thinking I will rename my boat "Death Tongue" :rock: :rock:

Ducimus
11-10-07, 11:28 PM
I want my...

I want my...

I want my 1.4!

TDK1044
11-11-07, 11:24 AM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! :D

Ducimus
11-11-07, 11:28 AM

Ya ya, we've been hearing soon, for the last.... month now?

Elder-Pirate
11-11-07, 01:39 PM

Count your fingers and toes, the patch will be in that vicinity but probably your last toe will be the closest. :lol:

Ducimus
11-11-07, 01:42 PM
Ive decided that im going to go down to best buy and see if i can score a copy of Hellgate London. Im sure that will put submarines out of my mind for a few weeks. Hopefully by then the patch will be out. :D

-Pv-
11-11-07, 02:01 PM
I did a marathon to end my patrol and have the Gato parked in the barn ready for the refiit... er uh... patch. I'm more ready for this one even than 1.3. I'm getting real tired of micro-managing the crew to recover from the game restore fatigue hit.
-Pv-

Ducimus
11-11-07, 02:14 PM
I think it has someting to do with where the watch rotation is at when you save and quit. ive been trying to save the game, just after a watch change, as i vaguly remember one of the devs saying to that effect. I dont recall if it works or not though.

Seeadler
11-11-07, 02:31 PM
Ive decided that im going to go down to best buy and see if i can score a copy of Hellgate London. Im sure that will put submarines out of my mind for a few weeks.
On Thursday appears Crysis :up:

letterboy1
11-11-07, 02:48 PM
Ive decided that im going to go down to best buy and see if i can score a copy of Hellgate London. Im sure that will put submarines out of my mind for a few weeks.
On Thursday appears Crysis :up:

Yup! I'm getting that next month. I hope that ATI fixes the driver issue that some of us X1950 AGP card people are having. My PCI-e version at work has no problem . . . I might just have to bring my work PC home on the weekends to play Crysis.:lol:

-Pv-
11-11-07, 04:02 PM
It might be the middle (II) crew, but I noticed even when other crews are the active when saved, the middle crew seems to take the biggest hit, but other individuals also take a large hit.

I've been in the habbit of saving just 5 minutes before a crew change so the tired crew is only active for 5 minutes when the game is restored and the game will cycle to a fresh crew soon after the restore. It still causes certain individuals within a compartment to have high fatigue and others- normal. The game left to itself is not able to smooth out the large inconsistancies. Looking foward to the patch.
-Pv-

Reaves
11-11-07, 09:13 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/been-waiting-3-hourz-for-a-high-five.jpg

Laffertytig
11-12-07, 05:22 AM
is there anyone on the forums that are in the know in regards to the patch? the original estimate was end of october, then it was mid november but ive also read it might not be till well after xmas!

we all know deadlines can slip but it would be nice knowin if it is day, weeks or months away

Reece
11-12-07, 06:02 AM
Hi old friend, long time no hear, you doing similar to me, I have SH4 but haven't installed, now waiting for 1.4 to give it a serious go!:yep: I keep willing it to be ready but obviously not working!!:lol:
Cheers.

DrBeast
11-12-07, 06:21 AM
See, this is why devs should NEVER announce the release of a patch. Or, at least, be VERY vague about its release date ("Some time this decade" is good enough :D).
I remember the hooplah regarding the relese of the 2nd patch for Medieval 2: Total War. They announced a release date, failed to deliver, released the patch a few weeks later, only to recall it a couple of hours later because it contained a CTD-inducing bug! Also, to add insult to injury, when the corrected patch was finally released, you'd have to uninstall the game if you had applied the first patch and reinstall from scratch, and then apply the 640MB leviathan that they called second patch. Truly amateur stuff there. The game was pretty good though. ;)

TDK1044
11-12-07, 06:55 AM
Much of the confusion comes from the fact that the patch and the Add On were at one time one package. Ubisoft then decided to separate the two, pushing the Add On release date to the Spring of 2008 and the patch release date to the end of November this year.

"Thursday 10/25/07 - Patch v1.4 has been announced for Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific! Scheduled for mid- to late November, this patch will bring a number of changes and fixes to the game."

It'll be here in a few weeks. Just be patient. :D

Laffertytig
11-12-07, 07:19 AM
cheers for the info, im awaiting SH4 in the mail and was just wonderin what the state of play was. a rough eta of 2 weeks is fine by me

there was a list of changes a while back, does anyone have details of what may be added to that list if anything?

swdw
11-12-07, 08:45 AM
I'm getting real tired of micro-managing the crew to recover from the game restore fatigue hit.
-Pv-If the patch doesn't fix this, Raymond 6751 came up with a fix for this we'll add to RFB.

At any rate- because there was stuff left unfixed in 1.3, I'd rather wait a little longer if it means more issues are being fixed. But I'd like to be told if it will take a little longer.;)

MONOLITH
11-12-07, 10:42 AM
Ive decided that im going to go down to best buy and see if i can score a copy of Hellgate London.

Put your money into Call of Duty 4 instead. You won't regret it.

As for Hellgate: London, pay close attention to all the install information. There's some huge controversy brewing about privacy invasion and how much data the game kicks back out over the net.

Call of Duty 4 is a brilliant piece of work. Any true gaming fan should play it at least once. And then you won't be able to stop.

Raptor22ADF
11-12-07, 11:47 AM

Count your fingers and toes, the patch will be in that vicinity but probably your last toe will be the closest. :lol:

20 months from now?

Gives me time to find the cash to upgrade my early-2007 laptop with 7600gs card to one of them late-2007 20" laptops (http://snipurl.com/1tj0v) with a proper DX-10 card.

Ducimus
11-12-07, 11:48 AM
Ive decided that im going to go down to best buy and see if i can score a copy of Hellgate London.

Put your money into Call of Duty 4 instead. You won't regret it.

As for Hellgate: London, pay close attention to all the install information. There's some huge controversy brewing about privacy invasion and how much data the game kicks back out over the net.

Call of Duty 4 is a brilliant piece of work. Any true gaming fan should play it at least once. And then you won't be able to stop.

Patch can wait now, im occupied. Don't care anymore. As for install information on hellgate. Got a link? I know during install, it asked a number of times to go by my firewall, and then it wanted to create an account - of which i gave it patently false information. (Unless its an SSL with my credit card information with a reputable compnay, i always put down false information. :rotfl: )

CaptainHaplo
11-13-07, 09:49 PM
I can see the patch from here - it will arrive....

Soon!!!!!!

I had to do it......

Reaves
11-13-07, 10:36 PM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impatient for the patch. Everyday I come here with the hopes that Neal has updated the main page with the news.

I'm quite used to waiting for patches though so it doesn't bother me. I just really want to know about this improved water detail. I want the default game to look as good as mine does with ROW. IMO any player who goes sailing in rough water and see's that foam on the water will fall in love with the game.

Ducimus
11-13-07, 10:59 PM
Im getting so engrossed in other games right now, i really don't care anymore. What i suspect will happen is the patch will not be released "sooner then id like it", and then ill have to tear myself away from another game that i don't want to put down now.

Reaves
11-13-07, 11:22 PM
I'm not that excited about many games right now. Crysis looks good and i'll get it but other then that i'm waiting for the new Total War to come. (Hopefully next year) Then there is the new GTA game that i'll need to wait even longer to come onto PC, plus the next Stalker will be great. Not to mention Oleg's next flight sim which will be released one day.

I recently got sick of Bioshock, good game and all but I played it straight after playing HL2 EP2 and I just kept thinking of Half-life every time I played it.

It just seems i'm always waiting for something to come out with PC games. If it's not a patch or an addon it's a mod or sequel. :damn:

;)

SteamWake
11-14-07, 11:21 AM
I can see the patch from here - it will arrive....

Soon!!!!!!

I had to do it......

Its SOON ! (tm) :know:

Speaking of 'other' games I cant wait to get my hands on "The Witcher" when I have some money that is.

Ducimus
11-14-07, 12:14 PM
Soon Soon soon.

Ever hear the story of the boy that cried wolf? :rotfl:

manucapo
11-14-07, 12:50 PM
anyone have a date because im waiting for it to come because im planning on a new clean install for the patch, depending on the addon compatibility thoug , so i want to now if its worth not starting a new carrer until the patch comes out or if its gonna take more time

mookiemookie
11-14-07, 12:52 PM
anyone have a date because im waiting for it to come because im planning on a new clean install for the patch, depending on the addon compatibility thoug , so i want to now if its worth not starting a new carrer until the patch comes out or if its gonna take more time

You can't be bothered to read the last 2 or 3 posts in a thread before posting in it, can you? :roll:

Laffertytig
11-14-07, 12:55 PM
end of november seems to be the word although thats the 3rd eta ive read which suggests there's a lot of guessin goin on. no matter, i can wait a few more weeks as ive just bought SH4 so im still explorin it

TDK1044
11-14-07, 12:59 PM
Ubisoft stated that they hope to release it mid to late November. What's all the fuss about? :D

AVGWarhawk
11-14-07, 01:13 PM
Ubisoft stated that they hope to release it mid to late November. What's all the fuss about? :D

Not only that, did they not specifically state November, 2007! :o

jazman
11-14-07, 02:17 PM
At this point, we're at the "two weeks" stage. Hold on to your hats.

I remember in grad school it was always "a couple of years" to finish. My wife threw a party when I told her, "oh, about a year and a half."

-Pv-
11-14-07, 03:13 PM
The devs seems pretty good at releasing the patch list when they're pretty confident they can reach their stated goal. No anxiety here.
-Pv-

mookiemookie
11-14-07, 04:15 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/173/sm901arewethereyetposteiy9.jpg

Ducimus
11-14-07, 04:35 PM
Patch? What patch? Their ain't no patch. This was all a big hoax to get a rise out of us. Meanwhile, ill be continuing to play other games. I find myself coming here less and less, before too long , ill just get engrossed and spend all my time on other boards, and this will become a distant, and faded memory :p

mookiemookie
11-14-07, 04:38 PM
Patch? What patch? Their ain't no patch. This was all a big hoax to get a rise out of us. Meanwhile, ill be continuing to play other games. I find myself coming here less and less, before too long , ill just get engrossed and spend all my time on other boards, and this will become a distant, and faded memory :p

You're a real "glass is half empty" kinda guy, aren't you? :lol:

Ducimus
11-14-07, 04:51 PM
LOL, i guess. Although i was being sarchastic there. On a personal note, i always expect the worst. If the worst doesnt happen, im pleasantly surpised. If the worst does happen, im not shocked and/or disappointed. Its the shock and/or dissappointed value i try to avoid in day to day life. Some call it pessimist, i call it realist. A mental habit that helped with coping with misc bs i picked up years ago that i havent lost yet.

Elder-Pirate
11-14-07, 05:56 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/Baldy.jpg

Ducimus's body guard. :rotfl:

simonb1612
11-14-07, 06:30 PM
My mathematical skills tell me that mid November is tomorrow. Anyone want a friendly wager on whether or not the patch will show up before the weekend ????:hmm:

longam
11-14-07, 06:33 PM
Starting to get more into network administration again and setting up a server and network at work so this is becoming my preoccupation. But its always nice to take the tin can out for a spin now and then.

Man I forgot how much I had to research before when I did this line of work. And read read read and some more reading.

CaptainHaplo
11-14-07, 07:51 PM
Longam - as long as you remember to entirely disable WINS (Even MS admits its broke!) and understand Active (but inaccurate) Directory - its not really to bad. :up:

If you run into too many issues - a few of us on here can always be a sounding board of ideas.

longam
11-15-07, 09:00 AM
Longam - as long as you remember to entirely disable WINS (Even MS admits its broke!) and understand Active (but inaccurate) Directory - its not really to bad. :up:

If you run into too many issues - a few of us on here can always be a sounding board of ideas.

Thanks capt I'll remember that. I should get my butt back in school but not going to for one server. I had some time with AD in server 2000 before so I'll just keep plugging ahead. This is SBS R2 P of all things so its wizard hell, and exchange and sql, bla bla. Nothing like a good brain strain.

Anyway....soon!

Reaves
11-15-07, 07:24 PM
My mathematical skills tell me that mid November is tomorrow. Anyone want a friendly wager on whether or not the patch will show up before the weekend ????:hmm:

Lucky i'm not a betting man. Although the day is not over yet.

AVGWarhawk
11-15-07, 07:27 PM

I would not hold my breath on it appearing. ;)

Overkill
11-15-07, 08:14 PM
Can't hold on.....much....longer....losing mind....:doh:

Wilko
11-16-07, 01:02 AM
wakes up on floor with the colour blue fading from face

Well that didn't produce the patch did it :rotfl:

THE_MASK
11-16-07, 02:36 AM

I would not hold my breath on it appearing. ;) Do you know something that i dont know LOL .

rascal101
11-16-07, 03:49 AM
Actually, for those of us in the Southern hemisphere it was yesterday and I am sad to say we still have no patch, so neither do you

R

AVGWarhawk
11-16-07, 09:36 AM

I would not hold my breath on it appearing. ;) Do you know something that i dont know LOL .

Maybe ;)

Snuffy
11-17-07, 09:29 AM

Maybe ;)

I hate selective mumbling moles ...

OUT WITH IT THEN IF YOU KNOW! ...

Peto
11-17-07, 01:35 PM
Time works for us in a situation like this :yep:. The more time they take, the more things they can get done right :hmm:! Waiting for the patch is just like real submarining--Patience will pay off whereas impatience will only get us disappointment...

Take your time Devs :up:! Do it right!

We'll be right here.

:rock:

spock1898
11-17-07, 04:41 PM
With my luck, it will come out right before Thanksgiving, which will give many of you an opportunity to give it a shakedown cruise - unfortunately, I won't be so lucky, as I'll be on shore leave all weekend long!

Raptor22ADF
11-18-07, 12:11 AM
With my luck, it will come out right before Thanksgiving, which will give many of you an opportunity to give it a shakedown cruise - unfortunately, I won't be so lucky, as I'll be on shore leave all weekend long!

I just installed a gravy-'n'-yam protection system so I can wow the folks at the country club with 1.4 whilst enjoying T-day there. (Assuming it's released on T-day Eve.)