PDA

View Full Version : Language

maerean_m
10-23-07, 08:38 AM
What language did you install for SH4?

hyperion2206
10-23-07, 08:49 AM
Since this is a game about US subs I installed it in English; playing a US skipper with German language (my native language) would be a huge immersion killer for me.

SteamWake
10-23-07, 08:53 AM
English

Otherwise Id have a difficult time understanding what was being said :yep:

It would seem 'funny' to me to have a sailor in an american uniform speaking german.

AVGWarhawk
10-23-07, 09:07 AM
For immersion I loaded SH3 for German voices(after a while I started learning German) and US for American voices.

MONOLITH
10-23-07, 09:11 AM
For immersion I loaded SH3 for German voices(after a while I started learning German) and US for American voices.

Same here.

momo55
10-23-07, 09:58 AM
Same here.

Same over here.

give me a german /US/ french or dutch sub ...no problem .
A Japsub :o ...give me a few weeks willya :rotfl:

Sailor Steve
10-23-07, 10:09 AM
Same here.

Same over here.

give me a german /US/ french or dutch sub ...no problem .
A Japsub :o ...give me a few weeks willya :rotfl:
Same over here as well.

Well, when I can install SH4 it will be in English.

Ducimus
10-23-07, 11:40 AM
I didn't realize we had a choice. Only sound files that exist in the directory structure are english ones. :88)

Even in SH3 however, i had the speech in english. But this is primarly because of my playstyle. When it comes to audio, i use every bit of audio imput i can get. This is after all a submarine game. Every creak, every sound, should have a meaning. And i tend to not read what my crew is telling me, but listen to what they are telling me. I guess cause half the time im in the next room cause the wife won't leave me alone :rotfl:

Sailor Steve
10-23-07, 04:06 PM
SH3 in English?!?! Philistine!!:rotfl:

cause the wife won't leave me alone :rotfl:
"Leave you alone as in -------, or leave you alone as in-------?

Enquiring (and simple) minds want to know!

p.s. I almost forgot: I might play it in English, but I'd have to convert all the SH2 voice files...I would have to have the German accents at least!

Ducimus
10-23-07, 04:37 PM
Example, your stalking a convoy, your totally focused, and your coming up on the firing bearing, and all of a sudden.

"Hoooonnnnnn"

(insert muliple explantives here)

Yell out, "Yeahhhh??"

"Can you cut these onions for me?"

(insert alot More explantives here)

yell out, " OK, just a minute!"

Now, do i pause the game? Nooooooo. Instead ill tell SO, to follow nearest merchant contact, turn up the speakers, and leave the room.

(cut onions)
From next room, "CONTACT, MERCHANT, BEARING 330, MEDIUM RANGE"

(ok, i have time.)

""CONTACT, MERCHANT, BEARING 340, MEDIUM RANGE"

(Ok, almost done here)

"CONTACT, MERCHANT, BEARING 350, SHORT RANGE"

"Ok hon, oinons done, gotta go!"

(run back to computer, finish the attack)

Same scenario with getting depth charged. So,
"Kontact, heienze blause auh phantom, gobblygook, katchup por plausim waffle hinze, nine kat!" Just doesnt work for me.

Argus00
10-23-07, 04:46 PM
Installed English - no Romanian option :rotfl:

Greentimbers
10-23-07, 07:07 PM
german voices for SH III and english for SH IV:up:

AVGWarhawk
10-23-07, 07:25 PM
Example, your stalking a convoy, your totally focused, and your coming up on the firing bearing, and all of a sudden.

"Hoooonnnnnn"

(insert muliple explantives here)

Yell out, "Yeahhhh??"

"Can you cut these onions for me?"

(insert alot More explantives here)

yell out, " OK, just a minute!"

Now, do i pause the game? Nooooooo. Instead ill tell SO, to follow nearest merchant contact, turn up the speakers, and leave the room.

(cut onions)
From next room, "CONTACT, MERCHANT, BEARING 330, MEDIUM RANGE"

(ok, i have time.)

""CONTACT, MERCHANT, BEARING 340, MEDIUM RANGE"

(Ok, almost done here)

"CONTACT, MERCHANT, BEARING 350, SHORT RANGE"

"Ok hon, oinons done, gotta go!"

(run back to computer, finish the attack)

Same scenario with getting depth charged. So,
"Kontact, heienze blause auh phantom, gobblygook, katchup por plausim waffle hinze, nine kat!" Just doesnt work for me.

Get her this for Christmas:

http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/category.php?cat_id=7

We will send it along with English or German instructions. Your choice:D Your troubles will be over!

SteamWake
10-23-07, 10:29 PM

"Hoooonnnnnn"

Consider yourself lucky. My wife opens with a (explicitive deleted) I told you to take that trash out after dinner !

Melonfish
10-24-07, 08:17 AM
ah, i installed in English. although the whole thing is in "american English" which i think is a bit of an oxymoron.
as for sh3 naturally i had it in german with english text, that way i can brush up on my german whilst getting butt-humped by a load of english DD's
oh and i'm english. having the crew talk in american accents just makes me think of U-571 then i weep in pity.

pete

Hitman
10-24-07, 08:23 AM
Due to the fact that I speak germand and english, I use whenever possible the mother tongue of the history the game represents. In SH3 I use german from install to all gameplay options (Except keyboard!!) and for SH4 is use english :up:

THE_MASK
10-24-07, 08:33 PM
English for SH4 . German for SH3 with english subtitles .

Digital_Trucker
10-25-07, 11:57 AM
ah, i installed in English. although the whole thing is in "american English" which i think is a bit of an oxymoron.
pete

I installed mine in American. I personally think that English and American should be considered different languages. As evidence I present the phrase "light up a fag". I rest my case.

joea
10-25-07, 03:40 PM
german voices for SH III and english for SH IV:up:
This--->:yep:

I play Il-2 with native voices too; Russian, German, Japanese, Romanian, Finnish, Hungarian, French, Polish, Italian, American ;), English ;), Australian ;) as well.

Camaero
10-26-07, 02:37 AM
pete

I installed mine in American. I personally think that English and American should be considered different languages. As evidence I present the phrase "light up a fag". I rest my case.

:rotfl: Silly Brits have no idea.

raifg
11-02-07, 02:31 PM
French for me with English voices of course...
"Dive, dive !!!":p

SteminDemon13
11-02-07, 09:48 PM
So If I installed it ala Italiano, everyone would speak Italian on my boat, or would all the words just show up in Italian?