PDA

View Full Version : ATi- green border on screen edge fix

swdw
10-21-07, 04:20 PM
Did a search and couldn't see if this had been posted. If it has, please excuse me for being redundant.

Having a green border on the edges of the screen with ATi? THis happened when I upgraded to catayst 7.10

The fix is simple and is a part of the ATi drivers:

Open Catalyst Control Center
Select ADVANCED mode

Go to the screen position / size menu
There are 2 sets of adjustments, the arrows around the outside edge adjust the screen position, the arrows in the box in the middle increase the size.

You use the arrows inside the box to adjust the screen size. On my computer the border was on the top and left edges, so I increased it one click in each direction- border gone.

Deskotp affect was nil as there was only a one pixel wide border to get rid of

Also as a reminder, if you have a white or other border around an object like a propeller go tho the Advanced mode in CCC, you can try this.
Go to the 3D/More settings menu and selecting alternate pixel center. May or may not work. I haven't had this problem, but I ermember reading a couple of posts where someone else did.

Apparently, with the newest drivers, the SH4 screens may some times be rendered smaller than the actual screen size causing the green border.

MONOLITH
10-21-07, 05:13 PM
The green line is caused by Adaptive Anti-Aliasing. Just disable it. Regular AA is fine.

AVGWarhawk
10-21-07, 05:46 PM
Do what I did, just make an adjusment on your display.