PDA

View Full Version : No intercept course

fvd
10-20-07, 10:46 AM
Hi,

Just started playing SH4 a couple of days ago (always SH3 before)
I don't run any mod's yet and have patch 1.3 installed.
What's really weird is that i do not have a green line (torpedo intercept course) on the attack map.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3465/sh4img20102007171337625ak4.jpg

Another strange thing happened, after an attack i set depth to 120 meters, but the hull crushed at only 48 meters...
Could it be the hull was already damaged? (had andured some airplane attacks)
In SH3 you could see the actual state of the hull (in percentage shown on the screen).
Isn't this possible in SH4 also?

Thanks and good hunting,
fvd

Q3ark
10-20-07, 11:09 AM
What type of boat are you using? Bear in mind that the US boats couldn't dive as deep as their German counterparts.

fvd
10-20-07, 11:26 AM
Q3ark,

I have a GAR boat.
I just noticed that i do have this green torpedo line in Marine school, but not in Career.
Has this something to do with realism settings? ( i play 92%, only external camera is on)

Regards,
fvd

Rockin Robbins
10-20-07, 12:48 PM
I believe (looking at tea leaves) you came from Pearl, crossing the international date line on the way to your present postion. (stirrs the tea leaves) Yes, and submarine school is to the east of the international date line. The tea leaves say there is a bug that makes your line vanish when you cross the line. This can be fixed by using Trigger Maru which cheats by starting you west of the line, hence eliminating the bug triggering event when you cross it. See, tea IS better than coffee.:rock:

Q3ark
10-20-07, 01:00 PM
I think the dissapearing torpedo line is a bug it happens when you cross the international date line e.g. when you travel west of Midway. There is no fix for this as of yet as far as I know.

Another strange thing happened, after an attack i set depth to 120 meters, but the hull crushed at only 48 meters...

Yes this must be due to the aircraft attaks as 48 Meters is only 157.4 Feet (I play in imperial measurements as it is what I am used to living in England). The Gar boats test deapth is about 246 ft which is 75 m.

This screenshot has some usefull info on the other subs too (if you can see it i,ve had to reduce the size:D )

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/356/sh4img20102007185136921vb6.jpg

This is not stock SH4 it comes with an excellent mod by Ducimus called Trigger Maru. You can find it in the mods section of these forums, I highly recommend that you try it out.

Q3ark
10-20-07, 01:03 PM
Ah nuts Rockin Robbins you beat me to it:damn:

I was trying to put together a plug for TM an you just slipped in there, must learn to type faster:D

Oh and tea IS definatley much better than coffee:up:

Rockin Robbins
10-20-07, 05:44 PM
Ah nuts Rockin Robbins you beat me to it:damn:

I was trying to put together a plug for TM an you just slipped in there, must learn to type faster:D

Oh and tea IS definatley much better than coffee:up:

Your plug was better.:up: