PDA

View Full Version : SH4-newbie questions

fvd
10-18-07, 01:00 PM
I've played with SH3 for years, just made the change to SH4.
So i have some questions about it:

-on the navigation screen all the tools are there, just like in SH3, except for the waypoint tool, this is accesible via a button.
Why is this not in between the other tools? (is there a work around, mod maybe?)

-Isn't there a shortcut (keyboard) to go to the attack map instead of the button?
-Isn't it possible to get a estimated range by current speed to estimate fuel consumption?
-If you lock a target, there is no button that is pushed on the screen like in SH3, so it is not so very clear if you are locked or not?

Maybe these are all silly questions...
Thanks anyway!

Oh yeah, one strange thing i have: people on the bridge are a bit transparent...
I have a clean install of SH4 on a new clean PC, patched to 1.3 and i don't run any mod's (yet).

Regards,
fvd

AVGWarhawk
10-18-07, 01:08 PM
Not silly at all really. Look in the mod forums for some of your needs. I believe Trigger Maru has your fuel deal and short cut key mod. There are some mods that make the lock indicator light up so you know you are locked. Oakgrooves interior texture mod will do this for you. The waypoint is located on the interface at the bottom of the game play screen. Go to the navigation map and you will see the buttons for placing the waypoints. Play around with those and see what they do. In all reality, I less than half of those buttons as I do not need them. I use the keyboard more often. The manual is not the best in the world. ;)

Powerthighs
10-18-07, 02:11 PM
The transparent crew thing is a known bug with the graphics engine. It has something to do with the fog rendering. I don't believe it's something that can be fixed with a mod.