PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinkin to buy Steel Beast Pro PE

Castout
07-19-07, 03:02 AM
I just couldn't resist Steel Beast Pro PE. I just can't help with waiting for Steel Beast 2 which is never coming.

Does the price of US$125.00 inclusive of shipping as I reside in Jakarta. And there's the online payment problem. I don't have credit card but i think i can use my mom's(i'll pay her in cash in return) but I don't think there's any online seller which allow transaction with Indoensian based credit card due to online credit card fraud which has become a plague here.

Is there some way to get around online payment? If $125 is inclusive with shipping i think i'll buy Steel Beast Pro PE. Anyone has any suggestion? Though buying Steel Beast Pro might postpone me from buying an airbrush and a compressor for my modelling kit hobby. I guess i'm a tank maniac. Been playing Steel Beast 1 for some time now. With my new rig, it shows graphical corruption with the framed text but not when i go into gunner/commander position.

The only thing i don't like about Steel Beast Pro PE is that it doesn't have older Russian/US tank such as M47, M48, M60, T-55, T-62, T-64 and the modern Lecrec and Merkava...

As i don't have broadband connection i would prefer to buy the most recent Steel Beast Pro PE so i don't need to bother with huge patches. Any idea on this? It's very difficult to find things that i really want here even when i have the money to spend. Guess being called developing country does have its...drawback:cry:

Skybird
07-19-07, 03:22 AM
Hold out, help on it's way. ;)

Check the Steel Beast Sticky on top of this forum list. There is a list of patches, but you will get a recent version of CD anyway, so the early steps you can skip.

For any questions on details of the sim, and why these details are like they are, I refer to my own review of the release version in early spring last year. I also linked an interview with the developer which, amongst others, explain the price, and the future of the sim. Both links to be found in the ressources sticky-thread.

I live in Germany, delivery was within one week. I was not charged any additional taxes. 125$ translated into 97 Euros back then, and that included shipping.

Indonesian credit cards - I'll ask. Maybe Ssnake knows that.

Or better: why don't you ask yourself -> http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/forumdisplay.php?f=6 Friendly forum that is - they do not bite (they just don't hesitate to shoot your tank from behind, if possible).

Castout
07-19-07, 03:42 AM
Thx man:up:. Hehehehe now i have to get ready for some scorn for spending $125.00 on what my mom thinks is a PC game:rotfl:. But i'll hold on. I'll try asking at the official forum

Skybird
07-19-07, 03:59 AM
Thx man:up:. Hehehehe now i have to get ready for some scorn for spending $125.00 on what my mom thinks is a PC game:rotfl:.

It's worth it, plain and simple. And no, no game package it is.

Castout
07-19-07, 09:32 AM
I've registered at http://www.steelbeasts.com/ but haven't received any email for member activation. Weird it doesn't usually take that long.

Btw mom and friend both are unwilling to risk their credit crad info on the internet:shifty:.

Skybird
07-19-07, 10:21 AM
Standbye, I'm on it.

Skybird
07-19-07, 10:26 AM
Keep track of this thread here, and this one over there as well:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=137553#post137553

Castout
07-19-07, 11:33 PM
Thx again Skybird i registered with the nick []_--__[]KITT. Now i need to convince someone to let me use his card online. Pathetic isn't it? hehehe. Thx again Skybird

Heibges
07-20-07, 03:13 PM
I just registered there also.

I am an old tanker platoon leader, and want to order SB PE?

I know the learning curve is steep, but is it easy to at least set up tank platoon operations?

UPDATE: Ok, I just ordered it.

It looks a lot like SIMNET.

Heibges
07-24-07, 11:46 AM
Waiting anxiously for arrival of SB Pro PE.

I would have driven down to San Jose to pick it up if I could. :lol:

Skybird
07-24-07, 03:13 PM
II know the learning curve is steep, but is it easy to at least set up tank platoon operations?

Yes. Open editor. Choose a map. Right-click on map. Select your type of platoon from the opening menu. There is your tank platoon. do the same a second time and now select an OpFor platoon. Position both units by left-click and hold, then move mouse cursor. Attach a route of waypoints by rightclicking on the unit. Attach conditions, combat-and-movement orders by rightclicking ion the route. That's it in principle, in less than a minute.

Of course, designing a scenario that presents the player a tactical challenge takes more time, and the same kind of brainwork and cosiderations that you would do in reality. Good scenarios will give you the feeling of fighting an unpredictable human when fighting against the AI.

If you have been a tanker in real life, you'll make yourself some good friends in the SBP main forum. Plenty of active or ex-professionals there.

Learning curve is not steep concerning learning the interface, and handling a tank. It is steep concerning meeting the tactical problems and challenges. As a platoon leader that you have been you will find it easier.

You won't regret the investement. Promised! ;)

Heibges
07-25-07, 07:37 PM
It just arrived today. I had it shipped to work, and now I have to work overtime tonight.

Maybe I can fire it up for a little while when I get home tonight.

Heibges
07-25-07, 11:43 PM
Holy Jeebus! :up: :up:

Skybird
07-26-07, 03:02 AM
Hehe, sounds like just another happy tanker... :lol:

Heibges
07-26-07, 01:53 PM
Gunner, sabot, 2 PC's, left PC, Fire, Fire Heat! :D

Castout
07-27-07, 08:12 PM
Hi Heibges I'm happy for you lol. You may be old but you certainly don't sound old. Keep the faith;)

Mine is probably two weeks away...it's gonna be a long 2 weeks.

Heibges
07-28-07, 04:11 PM
Hey Castout,

Well I just threw my back out a couple of days ago, so at the moment I am feeling particularly old.:D

Still having a great time with SB though!:up:

We'll have to fight in some online battles soon.

Good luck!