PDA

View Full Version : Missle Test FIXED

Elphaba
06-12-07, 03:05 PM
Okay, here you guys go, please be gentle - it's my FIRST ever mod.

The file is for a Seawolf, but that in itself was customized from the 688 one.

This WILL work, so long as you do the following... it can also be converted back to the 688i ship if so desired using the mission editor.

Okay, copy my file over the original in the following (std) folder

C:\PROGRAM FILES\ELECTRONIC ARTS\SUB COMMAND\SCENARIOS

When you enter the mission you will be quite close to the UDALOY but in it's baffles, I suggest that you maintain a speed of about 12kts and heading 270.

Mark on the map the points 42-20n and ??-14-e as per the mission instructions.

When you get within a few hundred yards of the udaloy, slow to about 3kts and rise to 68ft.

When you get the message that you've entered the area to monitor the missle test, set speed to 0.

DO NOT raise ANYTHING

When the missle test is complete you will get a message, about 1 - 2 minutes after that you will get the mission complete.

As long as you've done the above you will get a full pass with no detection.

Is that okay for everyone?

Unfortunately I don't have a working site with which to host the file, so please leave your email here and I'll send it to you.

Hope that helps...

Elphaba
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/user_online.gif

Castout
06-13-07, 01:15 AM
What took you so long? I've already migrated to Dangerous Waters. Thx for the effort anyway;)

Elphaba
06-13-07, 07:20 AM
Hey I'm a noob - Just getting into SC / DW / SHIII / SHIV....

:)

OneShot
06-13-07, 07:37 AM
If you want you can post this file over at the CADC along with your instructions.

www.commanders-academy.com . Just register and post in Missions/Campaigns.

Cheers
OS

ausraider
06-14-07, 10:16 AM
Effort Appriciated Elphaba, But I've moved on in the campaign since.
If Fleet Command can't make out a damn missle firing from my photo's, I'm not gonna lose any damn sleep over it!

But I'll try your fix in future campaigns - right now I'm using the 'T' key alot....:oops:
Which is something I would recommend for Novices - as it gets you use to SC proceedures - and the 'feel' of how the sim works.
You can then go back and try it - without the 'T' key, as no replay is ever the same -
ships change location etc.

Just a couple of points Elphaba, if you will...
Its your first mod/mission I know - but thats one more than me - so....:lol:

What, if anything, did you discover was wrong with the stock scenario programming..?
In your scenario, you state that you have to approach the Udaloy to within a few hundred yards - and DON'T RAISE ANYTHING.

The Stock mission requires that you DO RAISE at least the periscope - possibly the radio Antenna - and that your approach range can be within 3 nautical miles.

My feeling is that those mission parameters should be resolvable, so for me it wouldn't be a fix, but different parameters.

I wonder why you didn't stick exactly to the Mission brief?
Is there some detection issues or programming conflicts with the periscope raised and having to be within a few hundred yards?
It now sounds to me that the stock mission has dodgy programming and wasn't tested properly - and that some of the triggers are unrealistic for the alert state of the mission - and possibly dodgy execution logic aswell.

I can't understand, how within the stock mission, the Udaloy can conduct the missle test - I can observe and photograph - but the sim cannot detect that I have fulfilled those parameters.

If I have been detected - the mission status should indicate that - as it does on other missions - and the Udaloy should really, really delay the test for...well...a week or two. At least until a snooping Yank sub has been well flushed.:yep:

Ausraider.

BigBadVuk
07-15-07, 08:25 AM
It has been lets see..15 days or so since i restarted SC campaign with seawolf (afther 2 years or so ) and SCXII mod and i must say there is something wierd going on in this mission.Im not shure is this becose of mod or 1.08 patch,but i can get to 3 nm within launch point ( that is no problem unles there is Victor III in front,in that case it becomes tricky) and i ws not detected on previous misson(port egress).but as soon as i achive 1st goal ( approach to 3nm) and get to periscope depth Udaloy starts rapid turns&launch helix and in mission status i get remain undetected:incomplete...
Ok i tried diferent approach,go deep hug the bottom...etc..NOP im stil detected..then i decided ( afther 5-6 unsucesful attempts) to check what is going on.so after start immediatly i resigned and there was message that im detected?!?! udaloy was about 13-14nm NNE and he was not even pinged once..and i was at 400ft at 5knts ( I know he is at 37000yards at 9 knots and course 270) so how did he then detected me afther only 2 sec in game?!
Second wierd thing is that even if i decided to play along ( afther being detected at aprox. 3nm) he did launched AA missile at that airbus but even if i photgraphed from the peri,and monitored with ESm and antena rised ( and marked contacts ,as well) there was incompete goal in "monitor the test" so any idea?? or the only way is to cheat..?Is this caused by mod or by 1.08 patch or what...It was a while since i played SC and i cant remember that this mission was problem..it was routine..:damn: