PDA

View Full Version : Damage! Damage! Damage!

stu762
06-11-07, 10:23 AM
Ok so I am sitting in my Gato - having been royally pounded by dd's - I got rammed which did the final damage - topping up my tonnage nicely :) . However, the problem is that the damage is seeming to be unrepairable .. uh oh! and I am sitting firmly in enemy territory ... no chance of rescue (not that that ever happens)

What can I do ? Any ideas?

STEED
06-11-07, 10:28 AM
Your dead, sorry to say that. Just like I with the nose of my boat above water and the engines were totally smashed after an air attack, dead in the water and the Co2 building up which was guff as the bow hatch was above the the water line.

Anyway time to think about a new career.

MaxT.dk
06-11-07, 10:42 AM
Reload the last saved game... and save every 10 mins :roll:

STEED
06-11-07, 11:02 AM
Reload the last saved game... and save every 10 mins :roll:

Thats cheating. :p :lol:

the_belgian
06-11-07, 11:20 AM
Read the "end of carreer" letter and start a new one:know:

SteamWake
06-11-07, 11:48 AM
damage is seeming to be unrepairable

You sure about that ?

Have you put crew in the damage control slots ?

If your rudder is snapped off, or if the engines are toast, then yes your finished. Otherwise you still have a chance.

Oh you might want to check a mod called "die slowly" it addresses some of the "damage domino effect".

AVGWarhawk
06-11-07, 01:37 PM
Yea as we walk through the valley of death........if you engines or whatever is completely read. It is finished. If there is any glimmer something can be repaired then you men will. It will take a long time. Once it took me two days to completely repair. Fortunate I was surfaced so having air was not an issue.

SteamWake
06-11-07, 02:17 PM
Yea as we walk through the valley of death........if you engines or whatever is completely read. It is finished. If there is any glimmer something can be repaired then you men will. It will take a long time. Once it took me two days to completely repair. Fortunate I was surfaced so having air was not an issue.

I got into one of these situations, surfaced, no engines, bulkheads smashed to pieces so no change of submerging.

"Sitting Duck" oh .. just to make things worse the AA gun was destryoed as well.

The crew worked as hard as they could on the engines but the air patrols finally finished us off.

AVGWarhawk
06-11-07, 02:21 PM
I got into one of these situations, surfaced, no engines, bulkheads smashed to pieces so no change of submerging.

"Sitting Duck" oh .. just to make things worse the AA gun was destryoed as well.

The crew worked as hard as they could on the engines but the air patrols finally finished us off.

I got spanked like that one time. Another time I was near a deserted island, just stayed there until repaired. No planes:D

SteamWake
06-11-07, 03:54 PM

I got spanked like that one time. Another time I was near a deserted island, just stayed there until repaired. No planes:D

Were there sturdy island women to keep you pre-occupied too ?

FAdmiral
06-11-07, 04:07 PM
That's what the "Abandon Ship Mod" is for. Oops, no one has done it yet.
Time to get cracking on one of those, modders !!

JIM

THE_MASK
06-11-07, 06:05 PM
Keep away from DDs :yep: .

SteveW1
06-12-07, 03:29 AM
I took on a DD the other day with the deck gun after he rammed me and sunk the bugger with about 10 shots, think the dev's need to make them tougher.

SteamWake
06-12-07, 02:29 PM
I took on a DD the other day with the deck gun after he rammed me and sunk the bugger with about 10 shots, think the dev's need to make them tougher.

Or the deck gun weaker ;)

Yea its a curious thing that when a DD rams a sub the DD usually loses.