PDA

View Full Version : No more crashes, but reason dont make sense

ReDRuM71
06-09-07, 05:42 PM
Greeting to all my fellow skippers!
I dont know if this is coincidence or not, what do you think.
I use to CTD at least every other patrol(mid patrol) like alot of you. I enjoy the game enough to keep on trying though:lol: . Thursday I decided to upgrade my HP 17" CRT for a new 22" widescreen panel. The monitor was the only thing that has changed. I have done 3 partols and am mid 4th and no crashes! The first patrol I did after setting up monitor was of a saved game that previously crashed at some point every time I tried to play it.

My Specs:
e6600 @ 3.3GHZ
8800gts 640mb
2GB PNY XLR8
using DVI cable(used DVI to VGA adaptor w/ the CRT)
res 1680 x 1050

orangenee
06-09-07, 06:58 PM
That is weird, though I don't think I'll try it myself!!;)

AVGWarhawk
06-09-07, 07:29 PM
Plug and play issue I guess. Perhaps a new driver for the new monitor?

MaxT.dk
06-09-07, 07:31 PM
Thursday I decided to upgrade my HP 17" CRT for a new 22" widescreen panel. The monitor was the only thing that has changed. I have done 3 partols and am mid 4th and no crashes!

Same here, but I've gone from 19" CRT to the same size panel... Weird... I had 8 patrols after the change, and only one CTD...

SteamWake
06-09-07, 07:51 PM
Plug and play issue I guess. Perhaps a new driver for the new monitor?

Plug and pray you mean ;)

Honestly I was poking aorund my system today and noted I had a 'generic' driver for my monitor.

It is working fine and I rarely have crashed out of the game so Im not going to fix it.

But yea I would guess the updated drivers for the monitor are the prime suspect here.