SS-FP squad :P

SubSims - Fighter Pilots:rotfl:

Jmack
06-27-07, 07:02 PM
do i install 4.08 over out of the box ?

danlisa
06-28-07, 05:32 AM
do i install 4.08 over out of the box ?

Out of the box 1946 is version 4.07, so you can add 4.08 directly over it.

Jmack
06-28-07, 08:27 PM
ok ... i have it installed , im in portugal but i mainly fly after midnight
so let me know people when i can fly with you guys

my nick in HL is Cess-Jmack , because i once flew for the Cess-Patrol !!!

i need some advice for the conf file

i have a 7300gt 512mb and 2048 mb memory .

thanks in advance

jmack

HunterICX
06-29-07, 03:52 AM
ok ... i have it installed , im in portugal but i mainly fly after midnight
so let me know people when i can fly with you guys

my nick in HL is Cess-Jmack , because i once flew for the Cess-Patrol !!!

i need some advice for the conf file

i have a 7300gt 512mb and 2048 mb memory .

thanks in advance

jmack

I mainly suggets you open the config/setup of IL2
wich can be found in : Start -> Programs -> Ubisoft -> IL2 sturmovik -> Setup (a icon with a hammer on it)

first try the pre-set configuration in the video options , choose the one that contains the same Card type like you have.

but seeying your specs , I think you can handle Maximum which also can be chosen in the List of configurations.

if I host that is mostly around 22:00 GMT +1
we use a teamspeak to meet eachother who are up for a flight
you can find the info in the Online Teamspeak info thread in this forum section
you do not need a mic to join it, as long I can see you are there and that you can hear me its alright

Seth8530
07-09-07, 06:33 AM
Dude that would be brilliant. we need to set up a match.

Oberon
07-09-07, 07:33 AM
I aim to get 1946 within the next few days, not so sure about the TS though because of the location of the computer system. But certainly count me in! :up: I want to see one of Hunters landings live ;)

HunterICX
07-09-07, 08:16 AM
I aim to get 1946 within the next few days, not so sure about the TS though because of the location of the computer system. But certainly count me in! :up: I want to see one of Hunters landings live ;)

:stare: you want what!
:rotfl:

XabbaRus
07-09-07, 02:23 PM
I am up for it. Wife away

So Huneter you fly 2200 GMT + 1 but you live in spain, would that not be GMT + 2 as in the UK we are GMT + 1 due to BST (British summer Time)

I could fly at the weekend due to golf and other things.

I could try tonight though.

Dowly
07-09-07, 02:33 PM
I am up for it. Wife away

So Huneter you fly 2200 GMT + 1 but you live in spain, would that not be GMT + 2 as in the UK we are GMT + 1 due to BST (British summer Time)

I could fly at the weekend due to golf and other things.

I could try tonight though.

Nope, it's GMT+1 to Hunter. It's GMT+2 here in Finland. ;)

HunterICX
07-10-07, 04:29 AM
@Xabba:

mostly I hop on Teamspeak around 22:00 GMT +1
so if you want to have a flight during this week just be around TS on that time :up:

XabbaRus
07-10-07, 05:00 PM
Tonight I had my first online flight in IL-2 with hunter. The first flight I got a little too low and hit the drink.

Then second time Hunter took up a Mozzie and hit the flak for me as I piled in low and hit the Tirpitz. I then survived the flak for Hunter to respawn as an evil Bf-110. Minus an aileron I fought him off and continued to turn and burn even though he took off my rudder and one of my elevators. After a few turns and a couple of spins which I haven't a clue how I recovered from (apart from my inate skill as a pilot.....) I entered a dive I couldn't quite recover from and in I went. hunter then treated me to a fine display of landing skills...:up:

HunterICX
07-11-07, 04:50 AM
:up: Was a good Test flight,
you're actually the fist that shot the tirpitz with the torpedo
no-one else besides me testing the map has succesfully hitted the Tirpitz.

I must admit when I jumped in a BF110 and chased you I didnt expect you to turn around and try to take me head on as I learned from other online games head on with a heavy machine gunned fighter is suicide.
I was surprised of your evasion skills , thought I aimed ahead from you , and only removed the controls of the Tail section I was surprised you still managed to keep the aircraft in air :up:

I,m going to do some tests this afternoon with the tirpitz.
I,m going to put the ship in water and I will see how many torpedo's she can take. to give an idea what you need to sink her. also going to use bombs to see what she can take.

what I,m going to add to the map are 2 American Aircraft carriers to launch american carrier planes from. the location is closer to base protected by the BB duke of york with some other cruisers and Destroyers.
the map is going to be changed into a Attacking allied force which have to destroy the harbour and airfield and the Germans defending it and try to sink the Allied fleet.

which means a change in planes settup for each base

American aircraft carriers will allow you to take of with any american Aircraft that are build for the carriers and the land base to take of with land based aircraft and heavy bombers.

I will completly remove Jet planes from both sides.

HunterICX

Kratos
07-11-07, 09:10 AM
@ Xabbarus. theres a lesson to be learned m8....... DONT TRUST HIM :lol:
ive fallen foul to his tactics as well :yep: we were both blowing an airfield to hell the other night, and as i pulled up to level off for home he peppered me to hell and before i realised what the hell was going on, i was grinding my nose in the dirt.

HunterICX
07-11-07, 09:14 AM
@ Xabbarus. theres a lesson to be learned m8....... DONT TRUST HIM :lol:
ive fallen foul to his tactics as well :yep: we were both blowing an airfield to hell the other night, and as i pulled up to level off for home he peppered me to hell and before i realised what the hell was going on, i was grinding my nose in the dirt.

No No kratos,
I warned Xabba that I was going to take a BF110 and hunt him down.

I've become fair now:roll:

XabbaRus
07-11-07, 09:15 AM
Oh I knew he was going to jump in a 110 and take me out. If only when I went head to head I had my nose down a little more I might have taken him out.

I often do headons offline, but make sure I am not dead head on but off set so I can get my shot across him but not his on me.

Seriously I wish we had recorded the track as with no rudder and half and elevator I managed to keep turning, get a few shots off and recover from a couple of crazy spins.

We really need to get a whole bunch up.

Dowly
07-11-07, 09:32 AM
Whaaa?! Fresh meat for the grinder?!!?! :o I'm there! ;)

HunterICX
07-12-07, 03:39 AM
Whaaa?! Fresh meat for the grinder?!!?! :o I'm there! ;)

;) Or the otherway around , Xabba isnt a really what you could call..a easy target. :up:

Dowly
07-12-07, 09:58 AM
Good, some challenge once in a while. :p

HunterICX
07-12-07, 11:39 AM
Good, some challenge once in a while. :p

:stare: what you mean by that...

:rotfl:

Oberon
07-13-07, 10:37 AM
I have IL 1946 (and CFS3 and BOB2 ;) ) now all I have to do is get back to the computer I want to install it on!! Hopefully sometime tomorrow or Sunday, there will be a fresh target for you guys! At this point I would usually begin a new paragraph...but it would seem this library computers enter key is broken....which is helpful.... :hmm: :damn:

XabbaRus
07-13-07, 11:39 AM
How about we meet tomorrow night 2200 GMT + 1
This could get to be fun.

HunterICX
07-13-07, 03:19 PM
If everything is alright here,
I will be hosting if you fokes are up for a suicidal bombing mission :lol:

XabbaRus
07-13-07, 03:50 PM
yeo i might take my sbd out

Heibges
07-14-07, 02:04 PM
Does anyone fly around 2000 or 2100 Pacific Standard Time in North America?

Seth8530
07-14-07, 05:59 PM
I fly 2 hours off from that -eastern time-

Oberon
07-14-07, 06:06 PM
Well...now the world has seen the flying skills of Oberon....

The main question is...has it stopped laughing yet? :hmm:

I do think I've aqquired a new nickname 'Oberon the Ostrich' due to my fond habit of plowing my nose into the ground on take-off... :oops:
Managed to get Hunter once whilst he got me about twenty times...but for my first go at 1946 (although not the IL2 series admittedly) I thought I didn't do too bad. :up: It was certainly a good laugh!

Oh...and mustn't forget to point out that Hunter managed to nail my Spit in his FW whilst suffering an engine overheat (although I did manage to twist and turn a bit to begin with...but then he looped back and caught me out...) Good shot Hunter, sliced my wing right off!

Oh, I caught your landing at the end Hunter but then the computer just froze up, and reset itself. That's how good the landing was...it made the computer restart... :lol:

Some pics:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3128/grab0000aa9.jpg

The end result of my first take-off.... Still...nothing a bit of glue and paint won't fix, eh?

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3526/grab0005aa0.jpg

Luftwaffe BBQ anyone? Engine exploded on take-off...

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/497/grab0009kg8.jpg

Hunters landing approach in his FW, milliseconds before the computer reset, hence the black sky...

:up: :up: :lol: :up: :up:

XabbaRus
07-15-07, 03:52 AM
Are you guys up for a flight tonight. I am having fun with this one. I wonder if we can get a good load of people up to have real fight.

HunterICX
07-15-07, 08:35 AM
If everything is going alright here, I will be on around 22 gmt+1 tonight
so if anyone just wants a normal dogfight just hop in on Teamspeak around that time.

:up: had a great time last night Oberon, you're quiet an anoying little devil in that spitfire I couldnt get you in my gunsight for a long time:rock:
Kratos, since when have you become a sneaky backstabber hahaha

Kratos
07-15-07, 10:24 AM
@ Hunter dont know what your talking about m8 :smug:..
yea a know what you mean about Oberon , he was weaving about like mad:hmm: have to rethink strategy:lol:

Oberon
07-15-07, 01:41 PM
Won't be on tonight guys, got an early start at work tomorrow, and it's the first day back after a week off, so I'll probably get an early night to get my wits about me. Good flying though! And watch out Kratos, I think Hunter might get his Lightning out again! :lol:

Dowly
07-15-07, 01:43 PM
Won't be on tonight guys, got an early start at work tomorrow, and it's the first day back after a week off, so I'll probably get an early night to get my wits about me. Good flying though! And watch out Kratos, I think Hunter might get his Lightning out again! :lol:

Aww dang you! I was going to fly tonight and wished to see you on too! Oh well, good night then. ;)

CaptainChunk
07-16-07, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't mind flying with you guys, have had IL-1946 for awhile now and be fun to fly with some people that I'm semi-familiar with since I browse these forums quite frequently but as you can tell, don't post much.

CaptainChunk is my name, keep your eyes out on Hyperlobby.

XabbaRus
07-16-07, 01:54 PM
The more the merrier. It is fun even if you end up dead most of teh time. Also I was surprised how lag free IL-2 is. MP code is great.

Dowly
07-17-07, 05:14 AM
So, any flights planned for tonight? ~21-22 GMT?

HunterICX
07-17-07, 06:35 AM
So, any flights planned for tonight? ~21-22 GMT?

a flight?
since when do we fly Airliners dowly?!:x

if you ment Fight, then probally tonight :up:

Rilder
07-17-07, 07:21 AM
I'd try to come on but frankly I have no idea how. :p

Oberon
07-17-07, 07:30 AM
Here ya go Rilder:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115788 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115788)

Look forward to duelling in the air with you sometime...of course...to get there I actually have to take off first...which is where things get interesting.

How interesting? Well, just yesterday I couldn't get my number two engine in my He-111 to start and wound up spinning around on the runway like a dying fly... :lol:

danlisa
07-17-07, 07:49 AM
How interesting? Well, just yesterday I couldn't get my number two engine in my He-111 to start and wound up spinning around on the runway like a dying fly... :lol:
:rotfl:LOL, gotta love the 'Seperate Engine Start' option.

You need to:
Select Engine 1 > Start Engine 1 > Deselect Engine 1
Select Engine 2 > Start Engine 2 > Deselect Engine 2

Then Select Engine 1 & Select Engine 2 then Throttle up.:up:

Can't remember if these keys are mapped by default, will check.

Edit - Hmm, Should be Ctrl+1 for Select/Unselect Engine 1 & Ctrl+2 for Engine 2.

Dowly
07-17-07, 07:54 AM
Dont worry Oberon, I've had that same thing happen to me few times. The greatest laugh was on one of the UkDeD servers. I took the JU88, ignited only the right engine, throttled up and KABOOOM! While spinning around, I hit a friendly FW190 taking off. :oops:

Needless to say, I apologised and got the feck out of the server. :rotfl:

Rilder
07-17-07, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the link... better dl TS again, :p

You shoulda seen me trying to get one the carrier borne planes, the one with the wings that curve upwards a bit, off into the air... It took about 80 crashes into the drink before I said screw it and hit auto-pilot and let it do the work for me. :p

HunterICX
07-17-07, 09:46 AM

You shoulda seen me trying to get one the carrier borne planes, the one with the wings that curve upwards a bit, off into the air... It took about 80 crashes into the drink before I said screw it and hit auto-pilot and let it do the work for me. :p

F4U corsair, and the other Carrier planes,
in multiplayer you do not have Auto pilot so...:damn: better put on your swimgear :roll:

Rilder
07-17-07, 09:51 AM

F4U corsair, and the other Carrier planes,
in multiplayer you do not have Auto pilot so...:damn: better put on your swimgear :roll:

Yea the F4U, the other ones I don't have a problem with though... except when I try and land. :p

XabbaRus
07-17-07, 11:46 AM
I use Ctrl-1 for Engine 1 Ctrl-2 for engine 2 and then I hit shift-E which selects all engines.

Funny one though was when I did a single mission flying the IL-2. As soon as the mission started with engine off the plane started sliding to the right and no matter wha t I did I couldn't get her to straighten out once I had the engine going even trying to unlock anad lock the tail wheel.

Dowly
07-17-07, 05:06 PM
Thanks Hunter, Kratos & Dan! Was great fun. :up: Good to see I havent lost my touch yet. :p Na-na-na-na! :rotfl:

HunterICX
07-18-07, 04:20 AM
:up: Great fun dowly
hehe we had some very nice dogfights in there, just one of us had to make a slip and on of use where screwed....or the both of us (you Ram nuts)

Dowly
07-18-07, 08:49 AM
Indeed mate. The last one we had, where we fought circling battle, but in vertical instead of horizontal was quite a stressful. I feel sorry for my joystick for all the twisting she had to take. :p

Also, I and Kratos had one helluva dogfight, where I was just few meters behind him. All of the sudden, he's plane spinned, so I spinned my plane too to keep on his tail. That has to be one of the coolest fights I've had. :up:

Again tonight? ;)

Kratos
07-18-07, 12:36 PM
@ Dowly yea a still got the buckshot in me ass ;)
and my poor joystick took a beating as well tryng to outrun you all the time...you were like a bloody shadow,couldn't get rid of you :up:
but all n all was good fun

Dowly
07-18-07, 01:03 PM
I'm putting together a vid from last night showing all the dogfights we had, but unfortunately, my PC crashed and lost 70% of the work. :down:

In the meantime, be afraid, be very afraid. :p

http://xs117.xs.to/xs117/07293/Ferret.jpg

Kratos
07-18-07, 01:28 PM
very nice Dowly : now who wouldnt be afraid of that :smug:

Skybird
07-18-07, 02:42 PM
You guys need two unique subsim-skins for your planes (1 vs 1 team)! Years back, a helpful mind, I forgot his name (forgive!), made for me a special and very good-looking subsim-car livery for Nascar 2003 Season. I used it from that time on, and it really made a difference! :D :up:

Dowly
07-18-07, 02:46 PM
You guys need two unique subsim-skins for your planes (1 vs 1 team)! Years back, a helpful mind, I forgot his name (forgive!), made for me a special and very good-looking subsim-car livery for Nascar 2003 Season. I used it from that time on, and it really made a difference! :D :up:

Indeed, but the problem is, there's almost 200 flyable planes in IL2 and we all have different taste, so who's gonna make ~200 SubSim skins? :rotfl:

Kratos
07-18-07, 02:51 PM
yoooooo Dowly You make em :smug:

Skybird
07-18-07, 03:46 PM

Indeed, but the problem is, there's almost 200 flyable planes in IL2 and we all have different taste, so who's gonna make ~200 SubSim skins? :rotfl:
Limit the subsim squad to use only let's say one dozen, or even the half of that. I always found the huge numbers of flyable planes more confusing than attracting anyway. Some of the time to create 200 flyable planes should have been given to some other aspects of the package instead. But maybe that is just me. I prefer my new Spitfire in FS anyway.

Oberon
07-18-07, 03:57 PM
Perhaps the Navy planes? Oh...and the Spit...so I can look at the pretty paintwork whilst digging the front half of my plane out of the ground.

HunterICX
07-18-07, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't mind flying with you guys, have had IL-1946 for awhile now and be fun to fly with some people that I'm semi-familiar with since I browse these forums quite frequently but as you can tell, don't post much.

CaptainChunk is my name, keep your eyes out on Hyperlobby.

:doh: Sorry mate,
I saw you on TS tonight but I was in the middle of a game so didnt see the Text message untill I quit the game.

I suggest you just send message to Channel as if someone reads it and I didnt respond the fella would notify me.

better luck next time :up:

HunterICX
07-19-07, 05:09 AM
If you take for example 1 of each type
so not the whole series of BF109's
just one model (preferbally the best)

just make a list of the plane we mostly use

1x spitfire
1x BF109 (A6 or the F4 serie)
1x FW190
1x LA5
1x ZERO
1x P40
etc etc

also dont make them dificult to make dowly

just keep it simple a nice color skin do all planes in the same color
with perhaps Subsim.com logo on both wings (top part)
and SAS on the side of the plane (SAS - SubSim Air Squadron);)

Dowly
07-19-07, 09:34 AM
There's no BF109A6 you daft! :p

I have something in mind for the skins already, two shades of blue going from very dark to lighter blue. The bottom part of the plane would be dark blue & the upper parts lighter to simulate view deep under the sea. Something similar to this pic:
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5918/unterseejn5.jpg

And as for logo, I have a great idea!! (yayyy for me!:p) An aircraft emerging from the sea with high speed, similar to the pics of submarines surfacing on a steep angle.

What's ya think? (:yep::yep::yep::yep:)

Oberon
07-19-07, 09:47 AM
Love the sound of the logo, as for the skin colour grade...perhaps it should be the other way round? Dark blue to light blue on the underside, to aid camo?

Just a thought, might not look so good in practice though!

Dowly
07-19-07, 10:08 AM
I'll test & post pics of both versions and you can vote which one looks the best. One more thing, where should the SAS logo go? To the wings or to the rudder? I had in mind to use it near the nose as an noseart kinda thing, but then I would have to abandon my Ferret and that's not going to happen. :smug:

HunterICX
07-19-07, 10:09 AM
sounds good Dowly :up:

now what about the Tag/name

SAS? Subsim Air Squadron?

Dowly
07-19-07, 10:17 AM
sounds good Dowly :up:

now what about the Tag/name

SAS? Subsim Air Squadron?

Yeh, SAS would be good.

Oberon
07-19-07, 10:53 AM
Rudder I think, that's usually where the Squadron logos go isn't it? Or at least it used to be on the old P-51s :D

XabbaRus
07-19-07, 11:46 AM
Anyone flying tonight 2200 GMT + 1?

Dowly
07-19-07, 11:58 AM
Anyone flying tonight 2200 GMT + 1?

Yes please. :yep:

XabbaRus
07-19-07, 12:09 PM
Cool, hopefully Hunter wibe up and we can have a go at his map. Oberon will you be around?

HunterICX
07-19-07, 12:27 PM
which map?
I got to many maps :rotfl:
and to many ideas for new maps,
and then I,m full of maps and get newer ideas for new maps.

Errr..you mean the harbour map right? with the tirpitz

I will be around tonight so if we got the people assembled I will launch the map

we could also do some Free for all dogfight :rock:
some nasty ass tailhunting fun.
@Xabbarus: this is a example of whats going on when we dogfight against eachother http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfXAK9fXjM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfXAK9fXjM) made by dowly

Oberon
07-19-07, 12:49 PM
Probably not tonight, but most likely tomorrow night :up:

Friday and Saturday nights are my best nights for late-night dogfighting.

Might have no mike either, as it was playing up the other night and I might retire it until I get a better one. :D

CaptainChunk
07-19-07, 12:49 PM
Any map is good with me. Most people don't know me that well but I do browse these forums alot so if you see me on TS just don't be alarmed I'm not there to ruin the fun but have fun and do some flying. We do need tags though, otherwise it might be confusing.

Thanks for doing all this guys, I appreciate it. :)

Oberon
07-19-07, 12:58 PM

Actually....sod it.... I'll be there, probably not for that long, and I'll be on text only, but I'll be there :up:

Dowly
07-19-07, 01:04 PM
Ah, seems like we are going to get some good fighting tonight. ;)

Oberon
07-19-07, 01:05 PM

Hope you're gonna get it on film Dowly :up:

Dowly
07-19-07, 01:43 PM
Hope you're gonna get it on film Dowly :up:

I'll always record our games. ;)

XabbaRus
07-19-07, 02:10 PM
Cool I'll be there as The Jackon 5 sang

Dowly
07-19-07, 02:21 PM
And in the end of the day, I will be singing:

"F*ck me! I'm all out of enemies! F*ck me! I'm all out of enemies!" - Slipknot :rotfl:

HunterICX
07-19-07, 03:03 PM
;)Pilots!

SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE!
there are some holes to be made in eachothers flying coffin!

Oberon
07-19-07, 03:09 PM
"TWO SECTION SCRAMBLE!!!"

http://aerostories.free.fr/juniors/queven02/spit/scramble.JPG

(extra points if you name the movie that's from...)

XabbaRus
07-19-07, 05:01 PM
Dowly is a sneaky son of a gun.

Well we had fun which is what it was all about. I finally took down Hunter in my He-162 Then the final one I had a Mig-9 and Hunter crashed his on take off. I was already near his field and getting hit by flak. My plane was done in so I spotted him spawn and did the un sportsman like thing of crashing on top of him. I'll post the results tomorrow. Off to bed now.

Kratos
07-19-07, 05:52 PM
@ Dowly ....awesome m8 ,its amazing how you managed to capture and edit all that with just 30% of the footage ;) just wondering what you managed to leave out:D bet it was the ...............ahh never mind :rotfl:
j/k m8.. Excellent !:up:

Sir Big Jugs
07-19-07, 10:50 PM
Subsim squad? Count me in dammit!:rock::D

Dowly
07-19-07, 11:12 PM
@ Dowly ....awesome m8 ,its amazing how you managed to capture and edit all that with just 30% of the footage ;) just wondering what you managed to leave out:D bet it was the ...............ahh never mind :rotfl:

The rest of the footage was just you getting blown to bits. :p

HunterICX
07-20-07, 03:41 AM

The rest of the footage was just you getting blown to bits. :p

Hehe,
ah well at least he is improving :rotfl: is he?

@Xabba:
you owe me a Box with painkillers and a brand new beaufighter! :lol: smashing ontop of me...:dead:

we had some great fun with the jets thought
BF109 (me) vs HE162 (Xabba) = 0 - 1
MIG9FS (me) vs HE162 (Xabba) = 1 - 0
Beaufighter (ME) vs MIG9FS (Xabba) = 0 - 1
End result : 1 - 2 Xabba Wins:rotfl: althought that last one was a very cheap move :rotfl:

HunterICX
07-26-07, 04:58 PM
:rock:Good flying dowly,

had some good fun us doing some excellent teamwork
damn those Bf110's are deadly :p
not only from front but their tail gunner messed me up pretty good the last run
cant wait for that video!:up:

Dowly
07-27-07, 09:30 AM
:rock:Good flying dowly,

had some good fun us doing some excellent teamwork
damn those Bf110's are deadly :p
not only from front but their tail gunner messed me up pretty good the last run
cant wait for that video!:up:

Indeed, that's the flying I want to see. Bloody hell, did you see how close that one BF110 was during the 2nd sortie?! He was ~25m behind us, I was looking around and just saw him for 0.5 second as he circled behind us. :o

Too bad you didnt make it home from the last one. Just remember; When you are POW, you have only one target to go for: Escaping!

But all in all, very good & realistic sorties. We both downed atleast 2 planes total + one german chasing me stalled his plane and crashed.

The vid's going to be up today most likely. :up:

Salute, mate!

XabbaRus
07-27-07, 11:39 AM
I'm up for a flight tonight
Dowly what Spit is that you fly?

Dowly
07-27-07, 11:46 AM
I'm up for a flight tonight
Dowly what Spit is that you fly?
I prefer the VIII, dont know why. I'm sure the other's are better than it, but I think I use it as it remids me of type VII uboat. :p

Oh and if we fly on Hunter's server, could we play somekind of coops? Like a campaign or something? The dogfights are starting to feel abit dull, I want some nice teamwork! Oh and with locked cockpits & limited ammo naturally. ;)

XabbaRus
07-27-07, 02:10 PM
I agree, that would be cool to do. As long as we can still step outside though. when I do bomb runs F8 is my friend.

Can you get co-op campaigns where we take on a nother squad once we get some practice?

HunterICX
07-27-07, 03:36 PM
;) my Co-op missions will from now on be launched on full realism.
only the waypoints will remain or else you will miss the action :lol:

XabbaRus
07-27-07, 03:44 PM
so r we on tonight?

HunterICX
07-27-07, 03:54 PM
No not tonight,
have been quiet busy today so I'm tired, so not going to make it late.
I just do a couple of things on the RAF bomber intercept co-op mission before I hop off.

Tommorow if everything goes ok I will launch the map I made for the first time to try
so if you dont wanna miss it keep the Subsim special mission thread in sight :yep: for more information tommorow.

HunterICX

Dowly
07-28-07, 06:33 AM
Ok, will be up tonight. I have all my secret ingredients ready to guide me to victory: The warm company of Mr. Jack Daniels accompied by 6 little brewy friends. :smug:

XabbaRus
07-28-07, 09:17 AM
Is drunk flying legal?

danlisa
07-28-07, 09:35 AM
Is drunk flying legal?

Entirely legal.:rotfl: Even NASA allow it.

We have great fun flying drunk. Hmm, I'll fly tonight.:D

HunterICX
07-28-07, 12:10 PM
Is drunk flying legal?
Entirely legal.:rotfl: Even NASA allow it.

We have great fun flying drunk. Hmm, I'll fly tonight.:D

Beeing drunk and fly is legal as F....:rotfl:

around 22.00 GMT+1 I will be hosting
I wont be found on the known Teamspeak but on my own Teamspeak server.

just keep an eye on this thread when its online and IP will be posted

Dowly
07-28-07, 12:58 PM
Crybatby!!!!!

XabbaRus
07-28-07, 01:17 PM
Well I will be having my Chicken Korma and Rice for tea before I fly so I will have hot chilli fart power. :rotfl:

Dowly
07-28-07, 01:22 PM
Oh... thne I will have to make sure I'm not behind ya. :p

Oberon
07-28-07, 02:03 PM
http://www.crazyaviation.com/images/afterburner.jpg

Dowly
07-28-07, 02:09 PM
:rotfl::up:

XabbaRus
07-28-07, 02:33 PM
That's the whole point :)

HunterICX
07-28-07, 03:46 PM
Scramble!

Server is up

TS : xxxxxxxxx

sorry for the delay I had a unexpected visit of a friend so...:doh: ah well...its saturday! :sunny:

EDIT: removed the IP
session over

danlisa
07-28-07, 04:02 PM
lol, won't be joining you tonight, better people to do.;)
:smug: :smug:

XabbaRus
07-28-07, 05:13 PM
Just tried it with Hunter

Enemy AI awesome. Manage a kill in my second flight until jumped by a 109.

Good start though.

HunterICX
07-28-07, 05:19 PM
Yep, the mission works pretty well
the AI responds and the whole scenery turns into a flying circus of massive dogfights wile the AI bomber continue and attack the Factory.

good fun...but we really need more AI friendly's

like Xabba managed to get one bomber down before I surprisingly got attack by a 109 which I saw to late and blasted my Spit to pieces.

XabbaRus
07-28-07, 06:18 PM
Oh I forgot to add that in the first mission I damaged a couple of bombers then when I had no ammo I rammed one too.

nikimcbee
07-28-07, 10:14 PM

Battle of Britain. No more Polish chit-chat:rotfl:

nikimcbee
07-28-07, 10:15 PM
So how do you log on to this? What do you need to do?

Dowly
07-29-07, 04:07 AM
Sry guys, I had a fight with Mr. Daniels and seems like he won as I woke up from my keyboard. :lol:

@nikimcbee

You need IL2 1946 patched to 4.08 and the server's IP. (that is, if the server is a private like Hunter's. For public servers, you can use programs like The All Seeing Eye or Hyperlobby to find servers.)

XabbaRus
07-29-07, 04:59 AM
Lets see if we can get a whole squad up tonight.

Hunter is making a night time version too.

Oberon
07-29-07, 08:22 AM

Battle of Britain. No more Polish chit-chat:rotfl:

Repeat please!! :up:

Reaves
07-31-07, 11:51 PM
I'll need to get 1946 to fly with you lot. Might as well since I've spent a lot of time playing Il-2. I've finally got Vista which means my rudders will finally work again. (Never get XP64 bit!)

I've currently got

Il2FB
Ace expansion
BOE add on
PF