PDA

View Full Version : redid the Osaka photo recon

Capt. Shark Bait
06-08-07, 07:13 AM
again, and on my way out i came across, again, a TF. managed this time to get in a fair position, but still not close enuff to not see a vague shadow to target. anyway, a DD was just close enuff so i sent it a coupla stern fish and down it went:ping: . next up was another DD that got too close, will the never learn(?), and let 2 more go but they missed. a coupla minutes later i hear target hit and quickly goto the external cane to see what was hit. i got me a Kongo:ping: :ping: . i had thought of shooting blind, but decided not to.didn't sink it but after a bit, me evading, it was dead in the water with the rest of the TF continuing on leaving a couple more DD to keep me away. after the last one left, i was at 2 5 0 feet under the Kongo waiting for it to leave, so when it finally does i'm on the surface and put 3 more into it:ping: :ping: :ping: . satisfied with that, and 4 fish left, i make my way to refit at Midway and run across a pair of lone liners. i take them with deckgun fire and as i'm securing the gun to return to the bridge, i get a frakking CTD:damn: :damn: :damn: . will nothing work right for me? the only saves that seem to work now are at the start of this mission:damn: . doesn't look like i'l ever get Yamato:cry: , but a Kongo's not too shabby:smug:

TDK1044
06-08-07, 07:37 AM
Very strange. I save to the same two 'save files' every five minutes, and I've yet to have a problem or a CTD after about 60 plus hours of running the game.

Fish40
06-08-07, 07:52 AM
I've had pretty good luck with "saved games". I try to follow the general guidelines for saveing: Save only on the surface
Save only while in map screen
Don't save with other "contacts" around (if possible).

Useing this, I have had minimal problems while playing a loaded save.;)

the_belgian
06-08-07, 02:39 PM
Up to now no CTD's :hmm:
But to be sure i make several save games;
001:in port before leaving the office and go on patrol
002:each 72 hours
003:before going after an "interesting sighting"
004:after getting in possition to start a torpedo-run/drop off/take foto/...
005:after the torpedo-run/drop off/take foto/...
006:after setting original course again

001 remains untill the start of the next mission at the saves list as mis-01
002,003,004,005 i delete after finishing the sequence
006 remains untill the start of the next mission as cor-01

i usualy save at the map,surfaced or submerged,depending on the situation.

Capt. Shark Bait
06-08-07, 05:04 PM
i usually save immediately after a refit, so i don't have to go thru that over and over again and about halfway to where i'm going, when i get on station, and anytime i'm about to engage a contact. i'm wondering if it's cat7.5 that's doin this, since it never really happened with 7.4. the save themselves are giving me a SH4 has to closes error:damn: