PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in career mode... help!

Avindian
06-06-07, 12:29 AM
Sorry if this is elsewhere on the forum... I'm in career mode, and got the mission to photograph the Japanese harbor (S something Bay) on Java. I complete this, but I can't finish the patrol. I'm right around the period of Midway. Do I have to wait until after the battle to dock? If so, can anybody point me in the general direction (most posts seem to suggest NW or NNW of the island... is this accurate?)

Many thanks.

Avindian

GTHammer
06-06-07, 12:57 AM
Sorry if this is elsewhere on the forum... I'm in career mode, and got the mission to photograph the Japanese harbor (S something Bay) on Java. I complete this, but I can't finish the patrol. I'm right around the period of Midway. Do I have to wait until after the battle to dock? If so, can anybody point me in the general direction (most posts seem to suggest NW or NNW of the island... is this accurate?)

Many thanks.

Avindian

See if this answers your questions. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111509

Avindian
06-06-07, 10:31 AM
That was a very interesting site, GT, however, my problem is not with the photo recon; I've done that. The problem is no matter where I sail, I can't end the patrol, only refit or postpone. My theory is that I have to participate in Midway/wait for it to end. Has anyone else had this problem?

SteamWake
06-06-07, 10:41 AM
Here try this one ;) http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=113040&highlight=finding+home+base

ReallyDedPoet
06-06-07, 10:46 AM
Welcome:up: Avindian

RDP

SteamWake
06-06-07, 10:49 AM
Was this going to be addressed in the next patch ?

We see this question on a daily basis.

John Channing
06-06-07, 10:53 AM
It was included in the "bug" list.

JCC

Avindian
06-06-07, 02:28 PM
I looked, and Fremantle is supposedly my base; I'll head all the way back and see if it works now. Thanks for your help (even if it doesn't work, which I suspect it won't :) )

Avindian
06-06-07, 04:18 PM
Okay, I finally got to end the patrol. What apparently happened was my save file became corrupt (I don't know how), and my "base" was registered as Manila, which was still in Japanese hands. I reloaded from an earlier save and the game then reassigned me to Brisbane. Of course, I destroyed a couple of merchants and the game crashed on the next patrol... but at least it's better now. Thanks everyone for all your help!

SteamWake
06-06-07, 04:27 PM
Seems like your suffering from alot of crashes there.

Your drivers up to date ? Got any background tasks running ?

No really I can count on one hand the CTD's Ive had and most of those have been due to my virus protection deciding to update at the worst possible time.

At least you had a previous save to fall back to. Good job ! :up:

Avindian
06-07-07, 11:59 AM
Actually, that was the first crash I've suffered, but this particular patrol seems to be cursed. My only complaint with the game is that it runs slowly in high time compression settings, but that's normal. Does anybody know the difference between the 3 .50 caliber deck gun and 4 .50 caliber deck gun? That's been bothering me for a while now.

SteamWake
06-07-07, 02:19 PM
Actually, that was the first crash I've suffered, but this particular patrol seems to be cursed. My only complaint with the game is that it runs slowly in high time compression settings, but that's normal. Does anybody know the difference between the 3 .50 caliber deck gun and 4 .50 caliber deck gun? That's been bothering me for a while now.

I belive it has to do with size of the shells and increased range / damage.

But honestly I dont know. I checked the guide thread under the ammo thread but nothing there (shrug).