PDA

View Full Version : I'm on my way!

Linklinker
06-05-07, 08:18 PM
Well I finished my first patroll.:D Actually I had to start it twice becuase the first time I got a CTD after I got out of the harbor. I patrolled off the Marshall Islands. It took me 28 days and absolutly nothing happened. I am sure my men were bored silly.

Now for some complaining.:D I had a really annoying problem during the patrol. The ocean sounds would not go away. Even if I was 200 feet down I could still hear the sound of waves. Also I was wondering if there is an easy way to get to different radio stations. Its annyoing scanning thru them. Why can't I just go to the frequency I want escepcially if I know which frequency a station is on. BTW loving the CBS radio mod. :up: Oh and the RFB mod rules.:rock:All of you modders are doing a great job. I appreciated it.

Awsome game even though it has alot of bugs.

Oh yeah. I orderd SHIII today. Can't wait to play it. I also orderd a movie, but I am afraid to mention its name here.

CoughU-571Cough

Reaves
06-05-07, 08:36 PM
Hmm can't say i've heard waves when running deep. I only use a selection of mods however. Maybe someone else knows.

Was the movie Pocahontas? :rotfl:

Linklinker
06-05-07, 09:44 PM
U-571:roll:

Reaves
06-05-07, 10:07 PM
U-571:roll:

I understand. I own it already. :cry:

Linklinker
06-05-07, 10:21 PM
I like the movie. hehe I do have Das Boot though. So you can't say I didn't buy the best movie first.:D

Reaves
06-05-07, 10:23 PM
That's nothing. I have a copy of Submerged with Steven Segal.

Linklinker
06-05-07, 10:33 PM
Lol. Well to each his own.

mfddan
06-06-07, 02:01 AM
Operation Pacific
Torpedo Run
Run Silent Run Deep
Destination Tokyo
Das Boot (original + Director's Cut)

Got em all!

Never heard the waves either. I only use the MODs for the SS Hull numbers and the Green Lamp mod.

I also changed my "B" button to go to battle stations and "Enter" to lower TC to 1.

Von Tonner
06-06-07, 04:52 AM
Try TMaru mod - it corrects a pretty good percentage of the bugs.

FooFighters
06-06-07, 05:41 AM
Try TMaru mod - it corrects a pretty good percentage of the bugs.

Totally agree.. for me TM is the way to go :up:

I add these sub movies
* Below
* In enemy hands
* Operation pettycoat

Linklinker
06-06-07, 10:03 AM
I would download TM but I have dial-up.:cry: I did download most of the mods for SH4 when I was at my grandfathers house. He has satelite internet. I just forgot to download TM when I was there. RFB was small enough to download.

Linklinker
06-06-07, 08:38 PM
Ahoy! Its good to be back from patrol. Left Pearl Harbor to patrol around japan. I feel very tired from that long trip. I sank a couple of merchants and got around 10,896 tonnage.:D I finally found a task force, but I was low on diesel and had to make a very slow trip back to Midway and then back to my patrol area to finish the patrol.
Then I flanked it half way home.

My TDC skills are improving. I just wish I had another gig of ram and a better video card. My 1 gig ram and 7600gt are struggling to keep SH4 going.

AVGWarhawk
06-07-07, 06:24 AM
Sound of waves while submerged, never. I sometimes get the rain sound if it is raining and I hit Ctrl + N key to change the weather. Rain goes away but rain sound is there. Go to the option page in the game and reduce the 3D sound. See if that takes care of your issue. It did for me. Another thing, originally I loaded the game, patch 1.1 and then 1.2 right over it. The AA and explosion sounds were just awful. I decided to do a complete reinstall and the sounds are now back sounding great.

I to have just 1gig and a ATI X1300 card. I would not say it struggles to keep it going. I turn off all background junk before starting the game. I have tried loading the game, hitting Ctrl/Alt/Delete to bring up the task manager, I then shutdown explorer.exe. This freed up more resources. I gained about 5-10 FPS as a result. Once I finish playing I hit Ctrl/Alt/Delete to start explorer.exe in the task manager. Try that to free up some resources.

Linklinker
06-07-07, 10:56 AM
It runs great except around the harbors. Just alot of ships I guess.

AVGWarhawk
06-07-07, 11:11 AM
It runs great except around the harbors. Just alot of ships I guess.

Same here, you not out there alone. Once my hard driver settles down, the harbors are just fine. I do not sail in or out of them to often. To much time sometimes to fool with it.