PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

clayp
06-05-07, 05:28 PM
Letting the game do the targetting..When I get a green triangle and fire the torpedo's they go of to the right about 5 to 8 degrees..What is the best way to compensate for this?? I'm wasteing a lot of torpedo's and Halsey's going to come down on me....:lol:

Crawlerz
06-05-07, 05:47 PM
ummmm.... clayp? r u moving the right/left control on torps' firing?1,2,3,4...degrees to the right/left of a ship will do that u know. it's made for exactly that - a SPREAD.

clayp
06-05-07, 05:55 PM
ummmm.... clayp? r u moving the right/left control on torps' firing?1,2,3,4...degrees to the right/left of a ship will do that u know. it's made for exactly that - a SPREAD.

No sir I'm not moving anything that I'm aware of...:hmm:

UnSalted
06-05-07, 06:05 PM
When you look at the attack screen, do you see two lines from the bow or stern of your boat stretching out towards the target ship?

popeye
06-05-07, 06:24 PM
maybe you've got some residual dirt in the tubes. get a crew down there to clean it out before you use it again.

ctr+shift+del

this will clean the tubes out.

SteamWake
06-05-07, 08:01 PM
My guess is that the TDC was still "locked" on a previous target.

There is a red button on the tracking data screen make sure you click that when you switch targets.

Reaves
06-05-07, 08:55 PM
Are you pressing the L key to lock onto the target and send the data to the TDC? You can get the green triangle but without pressing L you ain't gonna hit nothing sir.

:up:

clayp
06-05-07, 09:11 PM
When you look at the attack screen, do you see two lines from the bow or stern of your boat stretching out towards the target ship?

Whats the attack screen? I do use the L key....I do belive I will have to revert to the "Super Gun" and for go torpedo's..I have been trying all day...:oops:

clayp
06-05-07, 09:13 PM
maybe you've got some residual dirt in the tubes. get a crew down there to clean it out before you use it again.

ctr+shift+del

Are you making fun of me? I'm trying to learn...

UnSalted
06-05-07, 10:16 PM
The attack screen shows your approach to the target and the sub-target relationship.

On the toolbar at the bottom of the screen you see a button with a compass (the thing that draws circles) on it. That switches you between the two types of maps, Navigation and Attack. Navigation lets you do the course plotting and has the land masses, shallows, ports, things like that. The Attack Screen has just your ship and the target(s). If you have your scope(s) on a ship you can see the orientation of the sub and target and there's usually lines extending from either your bow or stern, depending on which tubes you have selected.

You can use the Submarine School in the Main Menu to practice yuor torpedo attack and get used to it.

Anyway, as the man said above make sure the light on the bottom left corner of the TDC is NOT red. If it is, click to turn it off. (The TDC is the box with the dials on the left side of the periscope viewing screen.)

Reaves
06-05-07, 10:18 PM
If you bring up the target details screen (sliding window on the left when at UZO or PSCOPE) you can then go to your torpedo settings. If you always miss on a certain angle you can compensate by making the torpedo head a little to the other way.

Are your targets moving extremely fast?

Try opening your torpedo tube (q key) while lining up the shot. It means the torp will be in the water quicker meaning less chance of a miss. You can only open one tube at a time unfortunately though.

clayp
06-05-07, 10:23 PM
Thanks guy's will try this stuff tomorrow...:)

Reaves
06-05-07, 10:24 PM

Good stuff!

"NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!"

StandingCow
06-06-07, 05:02 AM
Open your tube first, then wait about 5 sec or so.. and fire.

The reason you are missing is it doesn't take into consideration the door opening time.

I think its the Q key to open tubes.

McBeck
06-06-07, 05:46 AM
Still trying Clayp?
I give you credit for trying so hard :)

Do you place yourself ahead of the ship?

When you see the triangle, are you absolutly sure its for the ship you intend to hit? Its not another ship in the convoy?

McBeck
06-06-07, 05:47 AM
Open your tube first, then wait about 5 sec or so.. and fire.

The reason you are missing is it doesn't take into consideration the door opening time.

I think its the Q key to open tubes.
This will make the torpedoes travel to the left (stearn) of the ship. Not the front.

Crawlerz
06-06-07, 11:16 AM

ctr+shift+del

this'll clean more 'n ur tubes out!

clayp
06-06-07, 01:45 PM

ctr+shift+del

this'll clean more 'n ur tubes out!

Well that may be so,but untill I know what it does I dont think I will try it...:lol:

SteamWake
06-06-07, 03:10 PM
I dunno what ctrl/shift/del does but ctrl/alt/del will close the program and possibly reboot the system.

I think he was being... uhh... a smart arse.

clayp
06-06-07, 03:23 PM
I dunno what ctrl/shift/del does but ctrl/alt/del will close the program and possibly reboot the system.

I think so too sir and I dont appreciate it one bit....:x One of these days they will have a program so you can reach thru the monitor and grab someone by the neck..:stare:

johnny chimpo
06-06-07, 03:32 PM
Btw nice rig what monitor you got.

SteamWake
06-06-07, 03:35 PM

I think so too sir and I dont appreciate it one bit....:x One of these days they will have a program so you can reach thru the monitor and grab someone by the neck..:stare:

Nah it aint worth the aggrivation.

Dont take anything said on ANY forum about anything personally.

dkunath
06-06-07, 03:46 PM
Ignore the green triangle as it is incorrect. Instead, wait unitl scope shows the ship to be plus or minus 5 degees of zero or less and then fire your torp.

Dwayne

clayp
06-06-07, 03:51 PM
Btw nice rig what monitor you got.

MultiSync FE21111sb 21"......:)

johnny chimpo
06-06-07, 04:08 PM
Not fancy a 30 inch dell :up:

popeye
06-06-07, 04:30 PM
it sounds like you are not opening the door. press 'q', and wait a few seconds, like was mentioned earlier.

and i did mean ctr+alt+del. i was drunk. sometimes im a smart ass when im drunk.

Reaves
06-06-07, 06:57 PM
Ignore the green triangle as it is incorrect. Instead, wait unitl scope shows the ship to be plus or minus 5 degees of zero or less and then fire your torp.

Dwayne

What about speed and distance? You can't hit them all the time by just going between 0 and 5 degrees.

SteamWake
06-06-07, 06:59 PM

Dwayne

What about speed and distance? You can't hit them all the time by just going between 0 and 5 degrees.

You know thats a good point.

The closer you get the less chance of error. I rarely fire from outside of 1,500 feet.

The advice to wait on the doors to open is solid as well.

clayp
06-06-07, 11:10 PM

Dwayne

You know thats a good point.

The closer you get the less chance of error. I rarely fire from outside of 1,500 feet.

The advice to wait on the doors to open is solid as well.

Thank you all,I'm makeing a list to print out....:D

Capt. Shark Bait
06-07-07, 12:30 AM
what's this ctr+shift+del do? somehow i lost the line on the attack map:damn:

^^^nm, found it above

Reaves
06-07-07, 01:18 AM
what's this ctr+shift+del do? somehow i lost the line on the attack map:damn:

^^^nm, found it above

It brings up the menu to clear private data in firefox.... :arrgh!:

McBeck
06-07-07, 01:25 AM
it sounds like you are not opening the door. press 'q', and wait a few seconds, like was mentioned earlier.

and i did mean ctr+alt+del. i was drunk. sometimes im a smart ass when im drunk.
If the doors are not opend, the torpedo will hit/pass on the left side of the ship. He stated that his goes to the right.
So its def. not the torpedo doors

popeye
06-07-07, 02:01 AM
of course, it creates a delay, long enough to cause the torp to miss, by a boat length or so. if the door is open, it goes out right away. the math is based on the torpedo leaving the tube right away, not 5-6 seconds later.

GTHammer
06-07-07, 03:48 PM
If the target ship is crossing his field of view/ field of fire from right to left and the torpedo is fired without opening the doors first, the delay could cause it to pass behind the right side of the ship. Left and right aren't the most accurate qualifiers for a miss, unless we know all the facts. Better to say that torpedo's fired without first opening the tube will strike aft on the target or pass behind the target due to the delay generated from opening the tubes.

Back to the OP: If you look under the torpedo settings on your PK(Position Keeper) tab make sure your spread angle knob hasn't been twisted one way or another. This not won't reset itself from torp to torp like some of the other settings, so its important to check it. This can also be seen when viewing the Attack Map. The green line that appears indicates the path a torpedo would take if fired, where a second darker line will indicate the path your torp will take because you've adjusted the spread angle. Those are my two cents...
:rock:

clayp
06-07-07, 04:06 PM
If the target ship is crossing his field of view/ field of fire from right to left and the torpedo is fired without opening the doors first, the delay could cause it to pass behind the right side of the ship. Left and right aren't the most accurate qualifiers for a miss, unless we know all the facts. Better to say that torpedo's fired without first opening the tube will strike aft on the target or pass behind the target due to the delay generated from opening the tubes.

Back to the OP: If you look under the torpedo settings on your PK(Position Keeper) tab make sure your spread angle knob hasn't been twisted one way or another. This not won't reset itself from torp to torp like some of the other settings, so its important to check it. This can also be seen when viewing the Attack Map. The green line that appears indicates the path a torpedo would take if fired, where a second darker line will indicate the path your torp will take because you've adjusted the spread angle. Those are my two cents...
:rock:

I havent seen any of this stuff on the attack map,when how do you see it??

GTHammer
06-07-07, 05:21 PM
[/quote] I havent seen any of this stuff on the attack map,when how do you see it??[/quote]

Ok here goes nothing...Ok if you select the Navigation Map Tab, the Attack map can be selected by clicking the subtab thats 2nd from the left. This map shows a close up view of your submarine and any other contacts(whether they are visual and represented by a ship or sonar and represented by a line representing their bearing from your sub.) When you have selected a target and locked on, using the L key from the attack periscope, a green line should appear running from your submarine to a position intersecting the targets projected path.(The projected path is usually a thin red line running out in front of the target.) This green line represents the path a torpedo would take in order to intercept the target if fired at any given moment(its dynamic, ie it changes based upon the target and your positions). If you are in the training scenario for torpedo attacks or have shipped out into a career from a base other than Pearl this line should be present.[There's a bug that causes it to disapear when you cross the international dateline in career mode.]

The attack map should also show your torpedos as they move towards a target. AND if you've activated the position keeper THEN a small white cross with a white line indicating heading will appear which denotes the locked in information about your target that is being tracked by your position keeper.

Hope this helps a bit...if not then I'll get some screenshots...

clayp
06-07-07, 06:14 PM
I havent seen any of this stuff on the attack map,when how do you see it??[/quote]

Ok here goes nothing...Ok if you select the Navigation Map Tab, the Attack map can be selected by clicking the subtab thats 2nd from the left. This map shows a close up view of your submarine and any other contacts(whether they are visual and represented by a ship or sonar and represented by a line representing their bearing from your sub.) When you have selected a target and locked on, using the L key from the attack periscope, a green line should appear running from your submarine to a position intersecting the targets projected path.(The projected path is usually a thin red line running out in front of the target.) This green line represents the path a torpedo would take in order to intercept the target if fired at any given moment(its dynamic, ie it changes based upon the target and your positions). If you are in the training scenario for torpedo attacks or have shipped out into a career from a base other than Pearl this line should be present.[There's a bug that causes it to disapear when you cross the international dateline in career mode.]

The attack map should also show your torpedos as they move towards a target. AND if you've activated the position keeper THEN a small white cross with a white line indicating heading will appear which denotes the locked in information about your target that is being tracked by your position keeper.

Hope this helps a bit...if not then I'll get some screenshots...[/quote]

Ok I understand now,I have never looked at the attack map dureing an attack..I will have to see how this works in Sub school....:up: I'm learning a lot from this thread that I didnt know,thank you all...:sunny:

Tobus
06-08-07, 04:16 AM
Did you open tubes before firing? Just asking, dunno what else could be the cause, besides what others already said.

McBeck
06-08-07, 07:01 AM
Did you open tubes before firing? Just asking, dunno what else could be the cause, besides what others already said.
Yup...hes been asking about that in another thread ;)

clayp
06-08-07, 06:41 PM
Guy's I made a list from all of the recomendations in this thread and I still cant hit anything...:oops: Have no idea what the heck I'm doing wrong..:damn: Think I'll have to take awhile off cause I'm just getting frustrated...:down: Thanks for all of the help..:)

McBeck
06-11-07, 04:17 AM
lol....looks like you need a video or personal instructor :D

clayp
06-11-07, 08:36 AM
lol....looks like you need a video or personal instructor :D

Think I just need a brain....:lol:

McBeck
06-11-07, 08:52 AM
Cant anybody make a SIMPLE video with auto targeting?

ReallyDedPoet
06-11-07, 08:57 AM

I wonder if it's in here:hmm::http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111445

RDP

McBeck
06-11-07, 09:00 AM
I wonder if it's in here:hmm::http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111445

RDP
DUH!! :oops:

ReallyDedPoet
06-11-07, 09:17 AM

RDP DUH!! :oops:

If this does not work, maybe Neal can hire that Personal Instructor you mentioned :yep:

You'll get this eventually clayp:up:

RDP

clayp
06-11-07, 11:44 AM

RDP DUH!! :oops:

If this does not work, maybe Neal can hire that Personal Instructor you mentioned :yep:

You'll get this eventually clayp:up:

RDP

Are you interested in the job....:sunny: