PDA

View Full Version : book links

RICH12ACE
06-05-07, 03:24 PM
hi is there any body who knows any good US ww2 SUBS books with pics /plans in them .:roll:

Sailor Steve
06-05-07, 04:03 PM
It depends on what you want. If you're looking for descriptions and details on the subs themselves, I'd recommend starting with Submarines Of World War Two, by Erminio Bagnasco. It's full of plans and all sorts of good details, and it covers submarines of every navy.
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?tn=submarines+of+world+war+two&sts=t&an=Bagnasco%2C+Erminio&y=8&x=51

It's just a start, though.

howler93
06-05-07, 04:38 PM
Not sure what kind of pics/plans you're looking for but I'm reading Silent Victory (a massive tome- but very good) and Thunder Below (which is about the Barb). They both have pics and Silent Victory has some diagrams. Thunder Below is incredibly entertaining and I would highly recommend it. Both are, of course, about WWII American sub ops. Happy Hunting

Howler :arrgh!:

shoot-kill-win
06-05-07, 05:12 PM
I would reccomend a Time Life book called: "War under the Pacific" it details submarine operations all the way from Pearl Harbor to the end of the war, with alot of photos, war patrol records, and tactics. It is a good book.