PDA

View Full Version : this may sound like the dumbest question in the history of questions... but

Crawlerz
06-03-07, 06:24 PM
so im in SH4, right? i would like to learn to use sonar to find targets. i'm in the process of learning manual TDC rgiht now. my question is how do u turn sonar's "earpiece" :doh: to the direction u want? how do u "listen" to different bearings?:ping:

i was just killed by a barage of depth charges, btw. after making off mortally wounding 2 large tankers, and a smaller cargo ship. i even think there was a small destroyer i killed @ .blank with my tail. or was it a cargo, too? i dont rememmber so well.:|\\ graaaaaaaaass.
thnk u 4 ur answers.
p.s. sam goes for RADAR as the question applies to turning the directionality.

mfddan
06-03-07, 06:26 PM
I'd like to know that one too. Right now I just ask the sonar guy where they are.

LCDR D. C. Limback
USS Drum SS-228

ReallyDedPoet
06-03-07, 06:29 PM
Have a look in this link, some guides and stuff:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108931

Good Hunting:up:

RDP

Crawlerz
06-03-07, 06:35 PM
if u goto SH4's native manual, they say there's a handle u left click. i tried. nothing happened.
how do u ask the sonar officer for data? do u mark the target 1st w/ur scope? i mean to listen to only that target? say i want to listen to not the closest but another contact. how do i do that?:ping:

ReallyDedPoet
06-03-07, 06:37 PM
Have a look at the link I posted.

RDP

MONOLITH
06-03-07, 07:11 PM
'Home' and 'End' Keys rotate the hydrophone. Do it while "in" the sonar mans position, and you'll see the position marker turn on the compass wheel.

Monica Lewinsky
06-03-07, 08:47 PM
Yep, what he said. Carry over from SH-III days. There's no place like "HOME" and in the end you get it in the "END" [keys]. You have to be at the station for it to work, like he said. And ignore his sig that looks at you cross-eyed. And the blue eyes are reserved for girls only like him when it comes to fishing. He probably uses bait or lures when fishing, where in real life REAL MEN fly fish only and play SH-IV w/1.2 patch and don't bitch about it.

Crawlerz
06-04-07, 01:39 PM
'Home' and 'End' Keys rotate the hydrophone.

thnks a lot man!

John Channing
06-04-07, 02:18 PM
Yep, what he said. Carry over from SH-III days. There's no place like "HOME" and in the end you get it in the "END" [keys]. You have to be at the station for it to work, like he said. And ignore his sig that looks at you cross-eyed. And the blue eyes are reserved for girls only like him when it comes to fishing. He probably uses bait or lures when fishing, where in real life REAL MEN fly fish only and play SH-IV w/1.2 patch and don't bitch about it.

Are you OK?

JCC

SteamWake
06-04-07, 02:21 PM
if u goto SH4's native manual,

You can learn alot about SH3 in there :D

Crawlerz
06-04-07, 04:22 PM
if u goto SH4's native manual,

You can learn alot about SH3 in there :D
LOL
yeah, but u see somethings r not obvious.

GakunGak
06-04-07, 05:15 PM

Are you OK?

JCC
I think he's just scr*wing around like always....:lol: :lol: :lol: