PDA

View Full Version : Missions

Durkan111
06-03-07, 01:22 PM
Just a quick questiong from a noob to an expert

Do you HAVE to complete missions in order to have a ''successful'' career in the eyes of the game mechanics (getting medals and etc) or can you just completely gnore them,

As a noob i find it very difficult to sneak in to Tokyo Bay and photo a ship with out getting killed in the process.

Thanks

Durk

John Channing
06-03-07, 01:28 PM
One of the developers did post here that you must complete all of your objectives for the campaign engine to function correctly.

In my experience I have always made sure I have complete my first objective, radioed in a status report, completed my next objective and then returned to port. Doing it this way I have never been retired, never been sent on the same mission twice and have not been plagued by any of the other problems that people are having.

JCC

Snuffy
06-03-07, 01:44 PM
I have had mixed results.

There have been missions that I have not been able to complete due to a shortage of weaponry, having used it on other targets that HQ has told me to cause harm to. However I have completed the majority of my assigned missions and currently on this career, I have the leading slot of the group of aces at 606+k tons in about 12 or so missions.

I have not been retired as yet. I have been offered other duty and new subs, but the last time I accepted a new sub I was transfered to Peral. I'll not do that again.