PDA

View Full Version : Torpedoes run too deep (Bug)

Alnor
06-02-07, 09:09 AM
Well, i tried to hit Medium freighter with 4 torps: four hits, but no one explodes, even with deep set to minimum. Always they run under the keel (two or three feet under) leave the boat safe. This smell like a bug, isn't it?

Alnor

tater
06-02-07, 09:27 AM
What year is it?

US Mk10 and Mk14 torpedos ran deep for 6+ months until they figured out that the depth calibration was based on a test warhead, not a real warhead.

Sailor Steve
06-02-07, 10:46 AM
Yes, it was a bug...in real life. It's fixed somewhen in 1943.

joea
06-02-07, 11:26 AM
Don't people study history anymore? :hmm:

SirMoric
06-02-07, 11:40 AM
:rotfl:

Alnor
06-06-07, 07:49 AM
:|\\ Mmm... i'm talking with historians eh? Well, last patrol - december 1944 - i shoot all of my torps (twelve at th end) with no explosions. Each one, sets to zero depth - tun across (not above but... across) cargo and carriers. Someone "historian" has some report about crossing torpedoes in pacific thater, late 1944? Or maybe was in... area 51?

historic regards

AVGWarhawk
06-06-07, 07:52 AM
I think they run too deep. The game originally was set up in metric and then apparently changed to Imperial yet I believe the depths and distances are still calculated at metric although we think we are using Imperial.

STEED
06-06-07, 08:22 AM
I think they run too deep. The game originally was set up in metric and then apparently changed to Imperial yet I believe the depths and distances are still calculated at metric although we think we are using Imperial.

What. :-? :doh: :88) :huh:

Note to me, don't drink alcohol and read posts of this nature. :lol:

AVGWarhawk
06-06-07, 09:42 AM

What. :-? :doh: :88) :huh:

Note to me, don't drink alcohol and read posts of this nature. :lol:

Note to self: do not answer forums just after getting up for the day:roll:.

The game interface shows Imperial settings, feet, yards, yet, the game is still running as if it is metric. In other words, the feet/yards eye candy are there but the game is still running as if it is metric. So a meter is 3 inches longer than a yard. We see one yard (36 inches) set but it is actually 39 inches when conversion is made.

SteamWake
06-06-07, 10:21 AM
Well a "smart" skipper would be aware of this problem and set there torpedoes a litte less deep :know:

Sailor Steve
06-06-07, 10:24 AM
He did say he set them to zero. The fact is that deep running was a problem; but it was fixed by late 1943. In 1944 he shouldn't be having that problem.

ReallyDedPoet
06-06-07, 10:27 AM
He did say he set them to zero. The fact is that deep running was a problem; but it was fixed by late 1943. In 1944 he shouldn't be having that problem.

So it's a feature then.

RDP

ReallyDedPoet
06-06-07, 10:30 AM
By the way, Welcome:up: Alnor

RDP