PDA

View Full Version : CTD During Convoy attack

scrag
05-30-07, 03:24 PM
I have managed to CTD 3 times now - during convoy attacks any ideas?
Thanks.

AVGWarhawk
05-30-07, 03:27 PM
Yes, sounds like your computer has trouble handling it. Shut off any background programs and give the computer as much resources as you can. I experience this once but found defragging and cleaning up the computer took care of the problem.

ReallyDedPoet
05-30-07, 03:28 PM
Have you come upon a convoy, saved the game and then later loaded it back up, saving near objects can sometimes cause this.

RDP

scrag
05-30-07, 11:56 PM
I cleared my desktop (was loaded with pictures from digital camera - thought they were shortcuts DOH!) and I will see how it runs - I have an older machine which seems to handle SH3 fine 6800 GT Video card and 1 gig of ram - ton of hard drive space and 3. 1 Ghz P4 so I will see. I just wanted to see if there was another issue. I am also using an older video driver as when I loaded the latest certified Niveda Driver I found that when I enterfaced with my Weapons Officer in SH3 and reloaded from external stores that the whole weapon would disapear and be that way unless I restarted the computer....so I went back to my old driver - weird.
I get another video card but I am running a AGP Mo Board and am not sure if there is another that is better?
Thanks

AVGWarhawk
05-31-07, 07:36 AM
I have a AMD 64 3200+, 1 gig RAM and ATI X1300 512mb card. I had three CTD. The stupid A key with original game and two do to heavy cpu use with a convoy and bad weather. I would recommend the new drivers and a good clean up of internet junk/defrag. See how she goes. Doing those things took care of my CTD with convoys in heavy weather.

SteamWake
05-31-07, 11:35 AM
A gig of ram ? Perhaps you mean a meg... if that is so another stick will help alot.

Get the latest drivers for your video card.

Anyhow make sure your cooling equipment is clean and operating as it should. Free of dust / dirt.

Make sure you have "enough" power supply.

Yea clear up background tasks.

Comparing performance to what you had in SH3 is not a fair comparison at all. SH4 is much more demanding on your hardware.

scrag
05-31-07, 02:58 PM
What is the best driver for Nvidea I am looking at 3dguru and see a couple of them???

AVGWarhawk
05-31-07, 03:00 PM
I recommend the newest version for your type of card.