Vorkapitan
05-29-07, 04:56 PM
Hi Gobs,

Anyone using Vista for SHIV?

If you are, how is it?

ReallyDedPoet
05-29-07, 05:02 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114848&highlight=vista

Here is one discussion :roll: , search the threads, there has been more on this:up:

RDP

RICH12ACE
05-29-07, 05:04 PM
hi all i am using visa 32 and all is ok.:up:

GakunGak
05-29-07, 05:08 PM
hi all i am using visa 32 and all is ok.:up:

Mr. Bill gates would be proud to hear that...:rock:

FIREWALL
05-29-07, 05:15 PM
Hi Gobs,

Anyone using Vista for SHIV?

If you are, how is it?

Hi I think they answered it all.

Since your Username doesn't look familiar Welcome and get used to being called Vork:D

Btw your Avatar goes good with my Sig :p I'll buy the next round.

SirMoric
05-29-07, 06:41 PM
Me too, it works fine.

Using it on a laptop with all settings at the top. In Silent Hunter that is.

rgds

theluckyone17
05-29-07, 06:45 PM
I'm running it on Vista... and doing fairly well. The only problem I've seen is "Compatibility Files" (http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VistasShowCompatibilityFilesAndTheScrumptiousWonde rThatIsFileVirtualization.aspx). For "improved security", a program isn't allowed to change the contents of its "Program Files" directory during runtime. MS would be much happier if they'd dump the configuration files in the user's home directory. Some "older" programs are designed to change/add files to its directory, however... so Microsoft decided to redirect these changes to a "Compatibility Files" location, located under the user's "AppData" directory.

It's awkward, to say the least. It was a nice idea, but badly implemented.

For example, JSGME obviously wants to change the contents of SH4's "Program Files" directory. But Vista won't allow it... so it dumps it in the "Compatibility Files" location. But now we end up with two copies of the files... one in the PF location, and one in the CF location. If we didn't, then there'd be no reason to have the CF functionality in the first place. But which one does Vista read?

gj2020
05-30-07, 02:43 PM
The game runs fine for me. Bought a new computer just to go with this game and I'm not disappointed. Come on 1.3.

Having a few issues with JSGME and applying mods but all in all it's working well.:rock:

Driftwood
05-30-07, 03:02 PM
Been running Vista since it came out. The only issues I've had with SHIV are the ones created (or rather left out) by Ubisoft. :arrgh!:

MaxT.dk
05-30-07, 05:06 PM
The only issues I've had with SHIV are the ones created (or rather left out) by Ubisoft. :arrgh!:
Those are called features ;)

UnSalted
05-30-07, 05:10 PM
Undocumented features to be exact. :)

Q3ark
05-30-07, 05:39 PM
Been runing SH4 on Vista for about a month without any problems. If you are using JSGME then the mods folder will appear in the compatability files folder as bsomeone stated before, had a hard time figureing it out at first, but am having no problems now :smug:

The Avon Lady
05-31-07, 02:15 AM
Vista Business 32 bit on a Dell Lattitude D820 notebook. No problemos.