PDA

View Full Version : How much of my SH4 Dvd is SH3 ???

Jmack
05-28-07, 11:26 PM
well i have been looking at the folders of sh4 and i found lots of files from sh3 , the cfg files etc ... etc ...

i even found the crews for SH3 ... and u-boat numbers ... last mission Malta convoy??? on U-110 , some textures where also left there like the caustics and metal damage for sh3 etc etc ...

so how much of my sh4 dvd is sh3 ?

KrvKpt. Falke
05-29-07, 03:23 AM
:D Ha! You have two games in one. Just add exe (and maybe some dll's) from SH3 installation and you can run SH3 from SH4 folder.

Dowly
05-29-07, 03:25 AM
There's quite abit files left over from SHIII. Just shows in which hurry the game had to be finished. :-?

Capt.LoneRanger
05-29-07, 03:34 AM
I noticed that, too. When I looked for the submarine-classes, I thought I had a HDD-problem, finding all the German subs in there. :damn:

Uber Gruber
05-29-07, 03:56 AM
Its quite staggering really....I mean most dev teams would use a code source code repository. It is very simple to create an SH4 branch from an SH3 codebase. It is very easy to modify, replace SH3 files from that branch to accomodate SH4 functionality. It is very easy to ascertain what files are being referenced by the new code base prior to release and delete all un-referenced files from gold release.

The "state" of the SHV file structure indicates the horrific manner in which the project must have been managed. I would put my last euro on the project manager coming from the headless chicken ranks.

HunterICX
05-29-07, 06:19 AM
imagine yourself a pizza.

1. the pizza bottom is the Engine

2. the Pizza's red sauce is SH3

3. the rest ontop of it (vegetables, cheese etc etc) is SH4

:rotfl: