PDA

View Full Version : window mode

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-28-07, 07:36 PM
dont know if it is asked before but is how do i get SH4 in a window mode instead of full screen ?

and how to view your rank and such

rodan54
05-28-07, 08:01 PM
There's a setting in the games graphics menu that you can tick to play in windowed mode.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-28-07, 08:13 PM
There's a setting in the games graphics menu that you can tick to play in windowed mode.

doesnt work...
or is it normal SH4's window disapears when i go to windows ?
didnt had that with SH3

FIREWALL
05-28-07, 08:28 PM
Just curious KJM but, why would you want to go to a windowed mode?

Doe's it make some thing work better?

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-28-07, 08:39 PM

got 2 screens on my computer... one i use for my games while i work,chat and search on the net on the other one... its quite iritating that the window disapears everytime i use the other screen

FIREWALL
05-28-07, 08:42 PM

got 2 screens on my computer... one i use for my games while i work,chat and search on the net on the other one... its quite iritating that the window disapears everytime i use the other screen

That sounds kool Thx:)

MudMarine
05-28-07, 09:07 PM
I use windows mode also, reason I have different tools I use like a vurtual slide rule, stop watch program and a fuw others. I have had no proplems with my Gateway GT5414E, 64x2processor 4600 and 2 gigs memory. So far I 've been lucky. Still have gremlins in my x52 flight controller.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr: what kind of system you running?

FIREWALL
05-28-07, 09:17 PM
I use windows mode also, reason I have different tools I use like a vurtual slide rule, stop watch program and a fuw others. I have had no proplems with my Gateway GT5414E, 64x2processor 4600 and 2 gigs memory. So far I 've been lucky. Still have gremlins in my x52 flight controller.

Hi MudMarine :) I also have Saitek X52 and just got their rudder pedals. Darn they cost more than X52. :damn: :p

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-28-07, 10:42 PM

if you mean my computer :

380gig HD space , 2gig ram , ATI radeon x1650 , intel dual core , a flatscreen and a normal monitor.

MaxT.dk
05-29-07, 03:27 AM
I run my SH4 windowed too... I got a 22" widescreen LCD monitor and SH4 runs in a window so I can at the same time check the forums, chat to my friends, do some other stuff etc :) Pretty nifty :know:

MudMarine
05-31-07, 06:16 PM
Kaleu. Jochen Mohr,

Yes I meant your computer.

Firewall, I owen Pro Peddles By CH. To get the Gremlins out, I will have to reprogram my controller.

To all who uses windows mode:

I have tried at in game option higher res.,with higher resolutions, the windows option does not work. You get a full screen. When I reset the in game option to resolution to 1024 x 768 it works.:damn:

I wonder if this is a bug or is this the only resolution they have for running in windows mode?:hmm: if so:down: :damn: Just have to live with it if I want windows mode.:/\\x:

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-31-07, 06:36 PM
your kiddin right :o :o :o

:hmm: never tryed it though

MudMarine
06-02-07, 12:18 AM

Dead serious. Try it and see what happens.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
06-12-07, 06:48 AM

Dead serious. Try it and see what happens.

gonna try when im of SH4 again...
SH3 is still to fun for me

Hitman
06-12-07, 07:15 AM
It could be good to remember here that you must RESTART the game after selecting the windowed mode in the menu :yep:

Or you can go to My Documents/SH4/Data/Cfg (The folder SH4 creates in your Docs folder, not themain SH4 folder) and search for the file "Main.cfg"

Open it with Notepad and change the line highlighted in red:

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1280,960,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=Yes
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

to

[VIDEO]
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=No
Synchronized=Yes

Once you start the game it should be windowed:up:

P.S. It could be worth also choosing a resolution that will not give you problems when windowed, otherwise the game may refuse to load missions or crash to desktop:hmm:

I have used sometimes windowed mode to see how it looks like in widescreen without distortion. Since my LCD is 20inch it looked rather well, ore or less same vision area as a 19 widescreen one, plus the upper and lower parts of the screen, where I can have other applications running.:yep:

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
06-12-07, 07:34 AM
It could be good to remember here that you must RESTART the game after selecting the windowed mode in the menu :yep:

Or you can go to My Documents/SH4/Data/Cfg (The folder SH4 creates in your Docs folder, not themain SH4 folder) and search for the file "Main.cfg"

Open it with Notepad and change the line highlighted in red:

[VIDEO]
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=Yes

to

[VIDEO]
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=No
Synchronized=Yes

Once you start the game it should be windowed:up:

P.S. It could be worth also choosing a resolution that will not give you problems when windowed, otherwise the game may refuse to load missions or crash to desktop:hmm:

I have used sometimes windowed mode to see how it looks like in widescreen without distortion. Since my LCD is 20inch it looked rather well, ore or less same vision area as a 19 widescreen one, plus the upper and lower parts of the screen, where I can have other applications running.:yep:

thanks for the tip... gonna try it :up:

AdlerGrosmann
08-26-07, 07:18 PM
Window mode? Ahh,I've done this before,try pressing alt-tab or windows button,then use another program,then click on sh4 again,there will be a sh4 window. I've done it with a bunch of my games and other program's.:rock:

Pal_080
06-14-08, 09:51 PM
Well this topic had been dead for a while now but I'm having the same problem. I can't seem to get the game to start in windowed mode except for one time that it randomly worked. I recently have configured my moniter so that my big HDTV TV is an extended part of my moniter (a second screen). But whenever I start silent hunter it ignors the fact that I have this done and it just full screens on my moniter and on my TV even though it's set to 1024*768 and windowed mode in the options and I have tried manually chaning the options in the folder using notepad.