PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a little help, makin a SH4 movie!

Jab_Bauer
05-27-07, 06:55 PM
Hey guys im trying to make a video using sh4, but im having a few problems.

I've played alot, and so this one time I shoot a torpedo at a ship and it misses (big woop).. but it was a really close one, just misses the propeller at the end. I've been trying to get that exact same shot off.. but man its hard! no matter how low I turn the difficulty, no matter how close I get.. I cant get that shot.

Anyways, does anyone have a save game (w/ replay) where they just miss the target?

And also.. are there any mods that let you zoom into the ships any closer? All my shots are so far.. not very dramatic.

EDIT: Yay! Its done! Heres a link:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=68776

Heres the low(er) quality google video link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7794930123013648789&hl=en

Man... Im tired. Gimmie some feedback!

Jab_Bauer
05-27-07, 10:34 PM
Ahh.. nevermind. I dont need any help.. not that anyone did. :stare: My movie is pretty much finished! Just a scene or two thats just pure blackness.. but I've run out of things to put there.

Anyways.. cant get any decent quality when I render it. Well.. I did.. but it was 13 GB for a 5 min movie! So I'll upload it somewhere once I get a decent render and I'll post the link here! :D

Reaves
05-27-07, 10:36 PM
I like submarine movies. :yep:

Looking forward to watching it mate.

Jab_Bauer
05-28-07, 03:41 AM
Finally finished. You can watch it on gametrailers.

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=68776

Man... Im tired. Gimmie some feedback!

spyridon
05-28-07, 04:33 AM
Congratulations Jab Bauer!!!!!:up: :up: :up:
You should make the intro movies for SH series!
:arrgh!:

switch.dota
05-28-07, 04:37 AM
Well if the 5 min move is 13 GB perhaps you'd want to use some form of compression? A 1024x768 5 minute movie can easily be packed into 500mb at a HUGE quality (crystal quality actually).

For such compressions I'd use DivX 6. I think there's a 15 day trial available for free.

EDIT: I can't watch the damn thing. Gametrailers is so slow for me :(

Jab_Bauer
05-28-07, 05:18 AM
Well if the 5 min move is 13 GB perhaps you'd want to use some form of compression? A 1024x768 5 minute movie can easily be packed into 500mb at a HUGE quality (crystal quality actually).

For such compressions I'd use DivX 6. I think there's a 15 day trial available for free.

EDIT: I can't watch the damn thing. Gametrailers is so slow for me :(

Sorry, I guess I could upload it to filefront or something, but it's 108mb for the wmv. So that's probably too big. I guess I can upload it to youtube or google video or something, but now I have to sleep. Tell me which you prefer, and I'll get to it tomorrow.

The Joker
05-28-07, 05:44 AM
Awesome video Jab! :up: Wish my computer could run SH4 like that! :damn:

Capt. Shark Bait
05-28-07, 06:57 AM
very well done:rock: kinda picking a nit, here, but rather than have a fixed camera position as ships pass, why not pan it for your next movie? like, the camera approaching a ship as it approaches the camera passing underneather it, or to the side, then have the camera rotate to follow and then hold stationary as it moves off. put it on youtube cuz it'll get a lotta views there from ppl watching other SH4 movies and wanting more

MaxT.dk
05-28-07, 04:07 PM
I worked with video editing for some years now and I must say this one looked very good! yes, the panning cam would be great (but there's not way to pan the cam slowly, is there?), but otherwise it was nice! :) I really hoped that torpedo #2 would hit the ship tho'... Black screen... pause for 2-3 secs. Sound of an explosion, screams, sounds of metal... You got the point :arrgh!:

Anyhow, 5/5! :up:

Kant Schwimm
05-28-07, 04:37 PM
I worked with video editing for some years now and I must say this one looked very good! yes, the panning cam would be great (but there's not way to pan the cam slowly, is there?), but otherwise it was nice! :) I really hoped that torpedo #2 would hit the ship tho'... Black screen... pause for 2-3 secs. Sound of an explosion, screams, sounds of metal... You got the point :arrgh!:

Anyhow, 5/5! :up:
As above :rock:

and....
Very well done :up: real talent :know: keep at it.

momo55
05-28-07, 08:05 PM
Me liked that ....me want more :yep:
The sounds and music :up: ...torpedofiring :o:hmm:

kylania
05-28-07, 10:58 PM
Really well done, great movie!

Jab_Bauer
05-29-07, 03:17 AM
Well I've uploaded the video to google video if gametrailers is too slow for you. Unfortunately, the quality is really poor in comparison.

Heres the low(er) quality google video link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7794930123013648789&hl=en