PDA

View Full Version : Sub won't dive!

kentcol
05-26-07, 03:58 PM
Installed w/patch 1.02 and RFB 1.27. Started new campaign and after completing my patrol mission, found a small convoy. Pressed "P" attempting to go to periscope depth. Nothing. Clicked on depth meter at bottom to set dive depth. Nothing. Hit "C" to crash dive. Nothing. Why can I not get my sub to dive? Also, all crew members are at proper stations.

donut
05-26-07, 04:45 PM
Rollback mod.and try. Defrag. You may have gotten a corrupted commands.cfg file? Download

switch.dota
05-26-07, 04:51 PM
This happened to me quite a few times. Whenever I would order periscope depth, my engines would be set to stop and I'd still be on the surface. For hours after the order.

The workarond was manually setting the depth. The red indicator on the Shallow depth meter indicated max periscope depth. The red indicator on the Full Depth meter indicates Crush depth (max safe depth for your sub).

For reference, periscope depth is around 12-16m for most subs.

kentcol
05-26-07, 06:10 PM
switch, tried that and didn't work. Donut, will try your suggestion. Thanks.

Probex
05-26-07, 07:28 PM
Stop using no-cd cracked executables and these issues will disappear.

S!

kentcol
05-26-07, 11:55 PM
Probex, thanks for your concern but I'm not using any crack. You need to ask before you assume something or don't bother answering.

-Pv-
05-27-07, 01:27 AM
Probex's suggestion is not totally out of line as many nocd users experience the same problem. Glad that's not your problem. I'll echo then the suggestion mods may have corrupted your game.
-Pv-

BlightLightning
05-27-07, 01:53 AM
I know we've heard these things before, and we don't like the time involved but I would un-install the game, delete any remnants of it, run a registry cleaner, then re-install the game. Next, the patch. I've been using patch v1.2 and it seems to be behaving itself!

Blight

FIREWALL
05-27-07, 02:05 AM
:) I would suggest you read the read me's and you use the search opitions. and maybe the new members how too!!!:)

I know this sounds kinda lame but, it's kinda how the rest uf us been told how to do it. :)

What do you say huh?:D

switch.dota
05-27-07, 02:11 AM
On the issue of no cds, I can say for certain these issues are not related to no cd fixes -- I use on myself. No, I acutually OWN the game. It's just that I don't fancy swapping DVDs.

Probex
05-27-07, 07:39 AM
Probex, thanks for your concern but I'm not using any crack. You need to ask before you assume something or don't bother answering.
I don't mean it in an accusing fashion. I use no-cd cracks in pretty much all of my games, and am a great supporter of them. I find it almost insulting that a product for which I paid money is wasting my time unnecessarily and forces me to flip cds for no reason.

This game, however, does not tolerate cracked executables. I have great hopes that after the final patch someone will make a good cracked executable.

This game will not always manifest a problem with a no-cd exec, but once in a while it will. I tested it.

S!

CaptainHaplo
05-27-07, 07:58 AM
Before this becomes a No-cd discussion - a piece of advice. Whether you use em here or not - dont say so here and just leave it at "make sure your not using one". I got scolded (rightly so) by the Onkel for a thread that headed in the direction this one is going - and figure you all would rather get a reminder from someone other than he.

As for the issue - replacing the commands.cfg should solve the issue - but if not then reinstall and repatch may be the only answer.

kentcol
05-27-07, 03:24 PM
I don't mean it in an accusing fashion. I use no-cd cracks in pretty much all of my games, and am a great supporter of them. I find it almost insulting that a product for which I paid money is wasting my time unnecessarily and forces me to flip cds for no reason.

This game, however, does not tolerate cracked executables. I have great hopes that after the final patch someone will make a good cracked executable.

This game will not always manifest a problem with a no-cd exec, but once in a while it will. I tested it.

S!

No problem....sorry I took your reply the wrong way.:)

kentcol
05-27-07, 03:26 PM
:) I would suggest you read the read me's and you use the search opitions. and maybe the new members how too!!!:)

I know this sounds kinda lame but, it's kinda how the rest uf us been told how to do it. :)

Yep, been around these boards 3 years longer than you have. I know how to use the search. Thanks for your concern.

SteamWake
05-27-07, 06:56 PM
Before this becomes a No-cd discussion -.

too late

Fearless
05-28-07, 01:36 AM
Installed w/patch 1.02 and RFB 1.27. Started new campaign and after completing my patrol mission, found a small convoy. Pressed "P" attempting to go to periscope depth. Nothing. Clicked on depth meter at bottom to set dive depth. Nothing. Hit "C" to crash dive. Nothing. Why can I not get my sub to dive? Also, all crew members are at proper stations.

What other mods have u installed? I run RFB 1.27 as well as some 12 other mods with no probs at all.

kentcol
05-28-07, 11:52 AM
No other mods other than RFB 1.27. Uninstalled the mod and re-installed. Got the boat to dive fine but now the torpedoes won't fire! Guess I'll try going back to vanilla install and see if I can get it to go.

jerryt
05-29-07, 11:12 AM
I had this happen the other day. I found that it was after starting the game and my crew were all badly fatigued. The sub shuts down when that happens. :o

Of course it happened just as an enemy aircraft was spotted. Luckily it was foggy and he somehow missed me while I was wallowing around on the surface. :help:

McBeck
05-29-07, 02:03 PM

Yep, been around these boards 3 years longer than you have. I know how to use the search. Thanks for your concern. A bit touchy arent you? :hmm:

digitizedsoul
05-29-07, 02:31 PM

Yep, been around these boards 3 years longer than you have. I know how to use the search. Thanks for your concern. A bit touchy arent you? :hmm:

Touchy FEELY... especially after a trip to Honshu and back :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
05-29-07, 03:47 PM
Ok, we have been over the no CD deal. My recommendations as stated above by another. Complete uninstall and reinstall. This seemed to be the answer for others with this issue.

AVGWarhawk
05-29-07, 03:49 PM
I had this happen the other day. I found that it was after starting the game and my crew were all badly fatigued. The sub shuts down when that happens. :o

Of course it happened just as an enemy aircraft was spotted. Luckily it was foggy and he somehow missed me while I was wallowing around on the surface. :help:

Are you leaving your men at battle stations all the time? This is what it sounds like to me. I have had the same issue. I usually hit the battle station button and they all wake up.

FIREWALL
05-29-07, 06:09 PM

Yep, been around these boards 3 years longer than you have. I know how to use the search. Thanks for your concern.

Your Welcome :) Always willing to help you "Old Timers " Who get a little forgetful. :p :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

-Pv-
05-29-07, 07:53 PM
"...I had this happen the other day. I found that it was after starting the game and my crew were all badly fatigued. The sub shuts down when that happens..."

Saving while on the surface after cruising around in rough weather can also cause this. When the saved game is restored, the game then decides that's the best time to kill off your crew.

Solution: Save while submerged.
-Pv-

kentcol
05-29-07, 11:55 PM

Your Welcome :) Always willing to help you "Old Timers " Who get a little forgetful. :p :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Any help appreciated!:D

kentcol
05-29-07, 11:58 PM

Not really. Just looking for some "useful" help. Been lurking for years and have always been impressed with the way people have been quick to help others out. Then the one time I ask for help........

McBeck
05-30-07, 04:21 AM

Not really. Just looking for some "useful" help. Been lurking for years and have always been impressed with the way people have been quick to help others out. Then the one time I ask for help........
OK fair enough, but theres no way for us to know that you have been around that long. Most of the time users who have been members for years, with a few posts, dont lurk around, so I can understand why he asumed that you werent a frequent user. Its a fair assumption.

jerryt
05-30-07, 10:16 AM

Are you leaving your men at battle stations all the time? This is what it sounds like to me. I have had the same issue. I usually hit the battle station button and they all wake up.

Nope, this was normal watch. I did put them at battle stations though so I could get the boat moving again.

jerryt
05-30-07, 10:18 AM
"...I had this happen the other day. I found that it was after starting the game and my crew were all badly fatigued. The sub shuts down when that happens..."

Saving while on the surface after cruising around in rough weather can also cause this. When the saved game is restored, the game then decides that's the best time to kill off your crew.

Solution: Save while submerged.
-Pv-

Yeah, I saw this somewhere else too. It was fairly rough weather at the time. I'll have to try that.