PDA

View Full Version : Decrease in FPS

Graf
05-02-07, 07:12 AM
Someone might be able to help me out.

Been having an odd occurrence. I ain't got much of a system but it works good enough for me. 2.53ghz P4, 1GB 333hz RAM, ATI 850 Pro 256mb...blah blah blah.

Anyhow, I have a steep decrease in FPS when commanding a Gato class boat and only when viewing the sub's wake. I can be on the bridge and viewing all around but once I turn to hdg 200-160, my FPS slows to a crawl. Happens when I view the boat with the free camera as well.

Odd thing is I don't get this with an other boats such as the Tambor, Salmon, Porpoise, or S-18. Balao I'm not sure of.

Anyone might know why this only occurs with the Gato?

kakemann
05-02-07, 07:27 AM
Thats strange :hmm:

Have you tried to see if there is any difference when reduce graphics level. Forexample volumetric fog?

Graf
05-02-07, 08:09 AM
Yes...tried it all. Very odd I know. :(

AVGWarhawk
05-02-07, 08:29 AM
I have noticed that some subs my FPS are better or worse. It might be the texture of each sub creating more demand. Like the S Class is very easy on my CPU. The Gato is a little harder on the CPU. When I look directly at the bow I get 15 FPS. If I look left or right, I get 17-25 FPS. Try reducing particle density with this sub and see if that helps.

Hartmann
05-02-07, 11:09 AM
Yes, i noticied this too in my computer.
i have a lot better performance with s-boats and p-class but worse with balao,gato.

could be possible reduce the textures size and try if it affects in framerates ??

time to play with photoshop :doh: :88)

GnarPow
05-02-07, 11:38 AM
someones gotta say it... Get another GB of ram... 1gb just isnt enough for this game, no matter what they say.

Hartmann
05-02-07, 03:02 PM
Ram is important but it depends a lot of the video hardware and it canīt make that a vid card runs better or with more frames.
usually ram affects loading times and stutter and vid car in FPS.

Also a lot of textures are loaded in vid memory and is not the same 128 than 256 or 512. :doh: