PDA

View Full Version : Stadmeter bug ? Scratchpad and TDC Station?

Soundman
05-01-07, 02:40 PM
Man-o-Man! The manual sure does leave some important info out!

Anyway,... has anyone noticed that if the centerline of the periscope is not actually touching part of a ship the stadmeter will not work or send any range information. This creates a major problem if you are attempting to lead a fast boat while attemting a "snapshot" or point and shoot technique. I'm sure this is not reallistic. In real life there is no way for the periscope or stadmeter to know if you are looking at a boat or not. I'm not sure if the devs would consider this a bug or not, but either way it should be corrected.

Another question....How the hell do you find the scratchpad? Also...how do you get to the TDC station and/or once at the station, can you change the settings or just view them. I have seen the station from the control room, but can't seem to actually get to it as you could in SH III.

Thanks!

daft
05-01-07, 02:46 PM
Man-o-Man! The manual sure does leave some important info out!

Anyway,... has anyone noticed that if the centerline of the periscope is not actually touching part of a ship the stadmeter will not work or send any range information. This creates a major problem if you are attempting to lead a fast boat while attemting a "snapshot" or point and shoot technique. I'm sure this is not reallistic. In real life there is no way for the periscope or stadmeter to know if you are looking at a boat or not. I'm not sure if the devs would consider this a bug or not, but either way it should be corrected.

Another question....How the hell do you find the scratchpad? Also...how do you get to the TDC station and/or once at the station, can you change the settings or just view them. I have seen the station from the control room, but can't seem to actually get to it as you could in SH III.

Thanks!

Yeah, I noticed that myself just now. I was real close in, setting up for a shot at a large tanker moving at around 8-9 knots. I had a h*** of a timeupdating bearings before every shot, and as a result two of my six torps missed. Very frustrating indeed.

mcoca
05-01-07, 02:50 PM
I wish it was! Since the stadimeter is the only way to enter a range in the TDC that I know of, it's imposible to enter a radar-only solution. But, if you can see the target, just measure the range with it locked, and before pressing the red "send to TDC" button, unlock and move the periscope to the bearing of your choice, then press it. It works for me.