PDA

View Full Version : Offset and gyroangles in SH4

oche
05-01-07, 10:59 AM
I don't wan't to gripe about the TDC in SH4 because it is superb since it introduces the Stadimeter for range estimation of target, however i really prefer the TDC friendly interphase provided in both SH3 and SH1 in which you can input data manually into the TDC without actually having to look and lock onto a target (thru the TDC screen, not thru UZO or Periscope view) and also set the target bearing without having to have a target locked in the periscope or uzo view in order to do which is the only way of doing it in SH4, which is somewhat uncomfortable if you are firing from the hip because if you want to switch to fire the AFT tubes you have to neccessarily lock on to a target to change the target bearing. In 90% of the cases i fire from the hip meaning getting as close as i can (1500-400 yards) 90 degree angle to the target with a bearing between 340 and 20 degrees using your trigonometrical instincts :) without entering any data on the TDC and fire spreads of torps setting the offset angle on the tubes. Thankfully in SH4 i can set the offset angle of the torpedo tubes in order to fire from the hip. Now in SH3 you the gyroangle of the tubes change with the periscope and uzo bearing when the TDC is OFF, which was for me a lot more comfortable since you had to just point and shoot in the direction you wanted your topedoes fired. Now i ask this: 1st) is there any way or will there be any chance to change the gyroangle of the tubes with the periscope/uzo bearing?; and 2nd) is there any way or will there be any way to change the target bearing on the TDC wheel without having to lock on to a target?.

geosub1978
05-01-07, 11:41 AM
If the only problem is the gyro angle then choose the tube and then set a spread angle for that tube = the gyro angle you want. Up to 20 degrees is enough I guess! It takes only 3-5 seconds!

oche
05-01-07, 03:38 PM
That is exactly what i do...