PDA

View Full Version : [Review] SH4 on Gamepyre

flintlock
05-01-07, 09:41 AM
/deleted

SteamWake
05-01-07, 09:56 AM
More like an overview than an actual review.

This made me scratch my head

Because of its complexity, the game designers offered a most welcomed tutorial that once completed, not only gives us a basic idea of how to play the game, but it also helps your career out (should you chose to play one) by giving you 100 renown to start with.
Because of its complexity, the game designers offered a most welcomed tutorial that once completed, not only gives us a basic idea of how to play the game, but it also helps your career out (should you chose to play one) by giving you 100 renown to start with.

There was a tutorial ?

flintlock
05-01-07, 10:00 AM

Because of its complexity, the game designers offered a most welcomed tutorial

There was a tutorial ?
Your build didn't come with "Submarine School," the game's tutorial?

SteamWake
05-01-07, 10:11 AM

Because of its complexity, the game designers offered a most welcomed tutorial

There was a tutorial ?
Your build didn't come with "Submarine School," the game's tutorial?

Yea it came with the "Sub School" from what I hear its not exactly a tutorial.

I dident bother with the "Sub School" correct me if Im wrong but...

Look at the questions we see here on a daily basis such as "How do I use the Sonar", "Why doesent the radar work", etc.

Safe-Keeper
05-01-07, 10:33 AM
Yes, it's a tutorial. It gives you in-game messages to guide you along. It may not be very detailed, but it's better than nothing.

Tobus
05-01-07, 11:54 AM
Abysmal review. This review is completely overlooking the fact that the game shipped in a not-done state. Sure, the stability and speed of graphics has increased with 2 patches, but there are still a lot of functional and historical bugs. Either they reviewed it in a weekend: one day playing and one day writing, or they don't know what they are talking about, treating this game as any other game.

A good review points out the bad state of things also, not only the good.

flintlock
05-01-07, 12:32 PM
/deleted

SteamWake
05-01-07, 01:06 PM
Either they reviewed it in a weekend....
Given the review, you're giving the reviewer the benefit of the doubt.

;)

I can see it now... "Hey Bob we need a review of this new submarine game". Bob respons "Aw geeze do I have to !". "You had better have that review done by the end of this month or else !". Bob glances at the calander "Gee wiz boss thats only two days !". "How hard can it be" the boss responds "You go underwater and blow stuff up. Havent you seen red october ?"

USS_shipmaster
05-01-07, 08:44 PM
I dont want to say anything bad about reviewer but I believe that 'Vlad Mihaiescu' is Romanian name and he just made optimictic kind of review and may be he just wanted to help increase sales for UBI -romania product. I think i would do the same staff for team from my country of origin, just to help them. :arrgh!: :-) The best objective review belongs to Neal Stevens.
Best regards VK
PS Devs, pls dont forget about gameplay bugs. Anyway I appritiate the job you already did.