PDA

View Full Version : how to lock TDC data to periscope view?

DaChubby
04-30-07, 05:29 PM
Hi,

in SH3 i had a rather simple way of attacking ships with manual targetting that i can't seem to use in SH4.
I would first center my periscope to 0°, then enter an aob of 90 port or starboard, guess the speed & range, than position my sub 90° left or right of the target.
I seldom missed.
Fun was that when you turned the periscope, the data was automatically adjusted.
This doesn't seem to be the case in SH4.
I find it annoying as i miss more :)

For instance, you might end up with a solution that fires the torpedo abit to the right. In SH3 you could then turn your periscope
to the left and the data would be adjusted. It allowed you to target specific parts of the ship. If you do this in SH4, the torpedo path isn't adjusted.

Is there a way to get the periscope to adjust the data based on where you turn it?

DaChubby
04-30-07, 06:11 PM
Apparently, according to this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=113663

the periscope view isn't locked to the TDC :(

What can i do to simulate the way i aimed in SHIII?

It is nice to setup a future shot that simulates the target being dead ahead, then turning the periscope and have the data adjust automatically.

joea
04-30-07, 06:12 PM
Sorry mate, but the periscope is not linked to the TDC like in SHIII because the periscope was in fact not linked to the TDC in USN subs. In the Kreigsmarine on the other hand the periscope (and UZO) were linked to the TDC and fed bearing automatically. What this means is you'll have to use a new procedure.

DaChubby
04-30-07, 06:18 PM
Yep, but what procedure would be closest to what i did in SH3?