PDA

View Full Version : Quicker Dive Time..Tip

LZBTD
04-29-07, 04:35 PM
I have not as yet seen this mentioned on this forum, however I could be wrong...
When cruising around especially on site (48hrs) If you set depth to 8 meters (26.24ft) once settled the boat will dive to PD in under 15 secs. At this depth the boat runs on diesels and charges batteries.

Kataki
04-29-07, 05:12 PM
hmm cool stuff :) Thanks for the tip, but shouldnt this be in the general section :P

kakemann
04-29-07, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the tip mate!

donut
04-29-07, 06:03 PM
BTW>Commonly known as decks awash.:sunny: uses more fuel,also good for night surface attacks,lowered profile ,=s stealth:ping:

Coolhand01
04-29-07, 09:30 PM
Is the watch crew still on station?....I have seen mine leave the bridge at 22 feet....CH

LZBTD
04-30-07, 04:37 AM
hmm cool stuff :) Thanks for the tip, but shouldnt this be in the general section :P

Quite correct..finger trouble on my part.

LZBTD
04-30-07, 04:40 AM
Is the watch crew still on station?....I have seen mine leave the bridge at 22 feet....CH
No..no bridge crew but sensors still seem operative.
edit.. Incidentally at 11 meters the radar is operative.

Sailor Steve
04-30-07, 10:59 AM
BTW>Commonly known as decks awash.:sunny: uses more fuel,also good for night surface attacks,lowered profile ,=s stealth:ping:
All true, but should also limit top speed to about 8 knots. You shouldn't be able to cruise all over the Pacific like that. Also, usually only done on batteries, not diesels.

LZBTD
05-01-07, 03:18 AM
All true, but should also limit top speed to about 8 knots. You shouldn't be able to cruise all over the Pacific like that. Also, usually only done on batteries, not diesels.
I agree with the above but in patrol area cruising for 48 hrs or so it is sometimes useful to slide to PD quickly without using 'crash dive'. I also would not be cruising at high speed in the patrol area, that really eats your fuel.

Egan
05-01-07, 01:02 PM

In SH3 you could alter the surface depth of the sub in the relevent cfg files and they would stay on watch even when you were deeper. I tried it but they always go down the hatch at 22 - 24 feet this time around. Mind you, at 22 feet you can get down pretty quickly.

SteamWake
05-01-07, 01:07 PM

In SH3 you could alter the surface depth of the sub in the relevent cfg files and they would stay on watch even when you were deeper. I tried it but they always go down the hatch at 22 - 24 feet this time around. Mind you, at 22 feet you can get down pretty quickly.

Hell in SH3 (and sometimes in SH4) they stay on the bridge even when under water sometimes !

Egan
05-01-07, 01:08 PM
Lol, thats true. :D

BBury
05-01-07, 03:42 PM
You can run at 25 to 29 feet and still man the AA guns. At that depth you're running on electrics and the planes/ships won't attack you. I guess if you're not on deisel they think you're still submerged. Anyway, you can shoot the planes and the guys off the decks of ships with your AA gun. I discovered this goofing off with some guys in a coop.

Palidian
05-01-07, 11:22 PM
Is the watch crew still on station?....I have seen mine leave the bridge at 22 feet....CH No..no bridge crew but sensors still seem operative.
edit.. Incidentally at 11 meters the radar is operative.

SH2 has what was called radar depth, you were down about 25 feet, and the radar still functioned.