PDA

View Full Version : Can't reinstall SH4 for some reason??

viper771
04-27-07, 08:17 PM
Well, i have been cleaning out my computer to try and solve some issues before I have to really just wipe the whole drive.

Anyway I deleted sh4 since, for the last few days, it said the 3d engine would not initialize.. so I deleted it (it also did that with my IL2 1946 game, but didn't actually give me a pop up error message). So I figured I could try to install it again to see if it would help... Well at the end of the install, or close to the end, I keep getting this CDC error, where a cab? file doesn't match etc.. If I click abort, the game basically never installed.. if I click ignore, it installs, but there is no sh4 exe.. or if I click the exe, it says can't run sh4..

Anyone know whats going on?? Should I just go ahead and re do my hd.. maybe that would solve my problems. I have only played Sh4 3 times, and I would like to play it again sometime, if I can get it to work :) thanks in advance!!

AVGWarhawk
04-27-07, 08:20 PM
All I can suggest is go into MY DOCUMENTS and find the SH4 folder. Delete that also along with the entire game. Attempt the reinstall again.

FAdmiral
04-27-07, 09:39 PM
Be Sure to also check the Registry for left-over files and delete them.
The cleaner you make the reinstall, the better off you are....

JIM