PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Quality Question

Fish40
04-27-07, 04:17 PM
Although I think the graphics in SH4 are great, is it just me, or do the graphics have a hazey washed out appearence? I've tried with both the "Photographic Filters" enabled, and disabled. I think disabled looks better, but still not as sharp as SH3 IMO. I'm useing an ATI X1650pro, with Cat7.3's. Everything renders fine and all, but the overall image seems alittle dull.

If anyone useing an ATI card could tell me their CCC settings, mabey I could experiment alittle and see if things change. Don't get me wrong. The graphics are beautiful! Just seem alittle washed is all. Thanks.

AVGWarhawk
04-27-07, 04:57 PM
Play with the slider that I think is called gamma. Reduce that. If it is too high it does looked washed out. I have mine about 75% to the full mark. I had it less but it looked to dark and evil. Work with the gamma slide in the option page. Let me know how it goes! I use a ATI x1300

Fish40
04-27-07, 05:35 PM
Thanks. I'll give that a try!:up:

AVGWarhawk
04-27-07, 05:48 PM
Cool, let us know so other can take a look at theirs, maybe get a better graphic display.

Bort
04-27-07, 07:18 PM
If that doesn't work like you want it to, try turning up Mip-Mapping all the way in your CCC, this removed the look of foggy, washed out, and smudged graphics on my computer.

Fish40
04-27-07, 07:35 PM
I'm playing SH4 on my other comp. as I type this. The Gamma settings really did nothing to help the issue. In my CCC, MipMap Quality is set to high. I tried to up the Particle Density setting in game, but since it was already pretty high, I don't think this has made much of a difference. Let me say again: The graphics overall are beautiful, and I'm not haveing any issues. I'm just not noticing the sharpness and clarity of SH3.

AVGWarhawk
04-27-07, 08:10 PM
Hmmmmm....can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?