PDA

View Full Version : F-22 F-35 F-117 B1b B2 mod??? chinese Yuan Class sub

caymanlee
04-27-07, 02:27 PM
as the title, not so good at 3D modeling, anyone can make those mod to the game? :D

I think it is a good thing to complete the DW database:lol:

Molon Labe
04-28-07, 04:04 PM
As broken as the aircraft AI is, I don't see how adding strike fighters helps anything. Their presence in a mission just adds to the things that can go wrong.

But, I think the idea of including long-range bombers is interesting. If a scenario designer wanted to have an air strike occur, something like a B-52 would be perfect. You don't need it to do anything but fly to the target, and you don't need to worry about its presence messing with P-3s or helos. In support of the bomber, the role of the DW playables is recon and SEAD--locate the SAMs that threaten the heavy and eliminate them (P-3 + 688I Co-op).

This would be effective against fixed targets that the playables don't have sufficient ammo to kill themselves, and would also be useful as an abstracted attack against mobile units using precsion munitions.

TLAM Strike
04-28-07, 04:23 PM
Well the F/A-35 might be one to include as it will be rounding out the USN's Carrier Air Wings in the near future.

The heavy bombers I think are a must (after all we got the Badger, Bear and Backfire on Ivan's side). I seem to remember a US Diesel rescuing the crew of a downed B-52 in heavy seas once... :hmm:

Molon Labe
04-28-07, 05:23 PM
is there any compatibility between FC and DW models?

Maybe stock models could be imported if they exist, or if they don't, maybe we can ask the NWP for permission to use theirs?

caymanlee
04-29-07, 03:48 AM
Lock On has many wonderful Mods and can be downloaded freely, but I don't know if they are compatible to the game and by how?????:damn:

caymanlee
04-30-07, 03:40 PM
well, can someone help?

caymanlee
05-03-07, 01:05 PM
can't believe it, nobody interested????:-?

LuftWolf
05-03-07, 01:45 PM
I've been trying to rally the troops for a SCX-like expansion to DW... aside from Xabba, there's simply no interest in actually doing the work.

I wish it were different.

After I do the Advanced Torpedo Mod and take a break, I'll eventually start adding platforms to DW, although this is the last thing on my list.

So, maybe check back in a year or so. :up:

Cheers,
David

PS No I'm not kidding.

caymanlee
05-04-07, 08:07 AM
I've been trying to rally the troops for a SCX-like expansion to DW... aside from Xabba, there's simply no interest in actually doing the work.

After I do the Advanced Torpedo Mod and take a break, I'll eventually start adding platforms to DW, although this is the last thing on my list.

Cheers,
David

PS No I'm not kidding.

Cheers!

more airplane?

suggest a Yuan class submarine of china

goldorak
05-04-07, 08:38 AM

Cheers,
David

PS No I'm not kidding.

Have you spoken with Aaken ?
He's the guy doing a superb mod for DW.
He used to post in the DW section, and he showed some of the models he was working on.
They weren't painted, but except for the absence of painting they looked gorgeous, they had a lot of detail actually.
Maybe he could make available those models to be included in a future version of the lwami mod.

caymanlee
05-04-07, 01:20 PM
hopefully, there will be a better version

I should learn some 3D model skill, can't find a intact instruction to learn that, some help?