PDA

View Full Version : How do I find major naval engagements?

GnarPow
04-27-07, 10:12 AM
Time and time again I get fox news "all ships report to so and so area" so I waste a bunch of gas to go there to try and help out my buddies but I can NEVER find the engagement.

Most recently it is with the battle of coral sea and I have a saved game right b4 the supposed engagement occurs and I keep going to different places and cant find it at all. Do you need to be at an exact latitude and longitude? Why dont the friendly task force and enemy task force show up on my campaign map?

Any help is appreciated and if you know the lat and long of some of the battles that would be nice too... Thanks in advance

SteamWake
04-27-07, 10:19 AM
I belive... however hope Im wrong, that the fox news is just color text.

Added for flavor and excitment.

tater
04-27-07, 10:35 AM
There are a few battles scripted in thye layers, but I wouldn't count on them to be even remotely historical. I have run into random TFs of CVs with 4 CVs, yet the stock Midway mission only has 3, LOL. They are packed together, too (standard IJN CV spacing was 7000m between ships).

Elder-Pirate
04-27-07, 10:35 AM
Yeah I believe that to SteamWake as I used to chase after them only to find a "Blank Page" so to speak. Now I just ignore the message. and head to my patrol area. :yep:

GnarPow
04-27-07, 10:40 AM
Yeah I believe that to SteamWake as I used to chase after them only to find a "Blank Page" so to speak. Now I just ignore the message. and head to my patrol area. :yep:

yeah i used to ignore them for the most part on my first campaign (i uninstalled with 1.2) but I figure i'd give them a shot to see if they are around. They stop my time compression to tell me about them so I at least hoped they'd exist.. otherwise I wish they'd shut up and let me get to my patrol area :D

AVGWarhawk
04-27-07, 10:48 AM
I belive... however hope Im wrong, that the fox news is just color text.

Added for flavor and excitment.

:yep:

You just have to make a difference in your own world around your sub;)

hyperion2206
04-27-07, 12:34 PM
Didn't the Devs say before the release that you could be ordered to major battles to help out and sink some IJN ships? That feature apparently didn't make it into the game.:cry:

swash
04-27-07, 12:43 PM
Returning from my first patrol, I got back to Midway on June 2, 1942. Refitted and headed west. Received message of a major battle in the area. I searched around, but wasn't too sure where in the big ocean an enemy TF would be, so I headed south and made contact during a storm.

The weather was horrible, but I did come across a battleship TF steaming east at highspeed. Wasn't able to get into a good intercept position.

Coincidence or part of the campaign? I don't know, but it added to the flavor of the game.