PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia driver 158.18 will not load

gg5056
04-26-07, 11:47 AM
Nvidia driver 158.18 will not load in Windows Vista. Starts to load get error message.
so I loaded nvidia driver 101.41 it works fine.
Does anyone have this problem.

Kant Schwimm
04-26-07, 11:57 AM
mis-post

SteamWake
04-26-07, 12:00 PM
Probably be better served asking in a nvidia or vista forum.

Another reason to avoid Vista. My guess is the drivers are not compatible.

CaptainCox
04-26-07, 12:02 PM
Funny you guys should mention this. Just installed the latest "Chipset Drivers" for my NV 680I mobo "nforce_680i_sli_winvista32_15.00_english_whql" after that the whole system is just running SLOOOOOW!. Was just running a defrag to see if that helped. But I think I will revert to the previous version after. Also have a X-fi Fatality gamer pro sound card...its a shame about those utilities, they had over 3 months now to do something...Creative WAKE UP!

Avance
04-26-07, 12:05 PM
I installed 158.18 from NVidia without problem (100.65 ---> 158.18 Vista 32 bits).

Read this : http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/158.18/158.18_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf.

page 45. ;)

Soundman
04-26-07, 12:27 PM
I had a similar problem. I have the ge force 6800 GT. After installing the 1.2 patch, I also updated to the 158 nvidia driver (there is a vista version, 32 & 64 bit)....Very bad frame rates, and even worse, the audio was really screwed up. I rolled back to the original driver and the problem still existed. I was pretty frustrated at this point, so I uninstalled the game, installed the new driver, reinstalled the game, then the patch and viola....problem fixed. Therefore, I would suggest a reinstallation. BTW, uninstall your current driver before updating the driver. The directions say you will be prompted for the uninstallation, but my first try was not successful and after removing the driver first (using add remove programs in control panel) I had better results. Hope this helps.

Kant Schwimm
04-26-07, 12:34 PM
I had a similar problem. I have the ge force 6800 GT. After installing the 1.2 patch, I also updated to the 158 nvidia driver (there is a vista version, 32 & 64 bit)....Very bad frame rates, and even worse, the audio was really screwed up. I rolled back to the original driver and the problem still existed. I was pretty frustrated at this point, so I uninstalled the game, installed the new driver, reinstalled the game, then the patch and viola....problem fixed. Therefore, I would suggest a reinstallation. BTW, uninstall your current driver before updating the driver. The directions say you will be prompted for the uninstallation, but my first try was not successful and after removing the driver first (using add remove programs in control panel) I had better results. Hope this helps.

This man speaks the truth:rock: :rock:

melin71
04-26-07, 02:09 PM
I will stick to xp to at least first service pack have arravied to vista. then i will try again. So long half of my games i play dont work in vista that op have to wait.

7Enigma
04-26-07, 06:14 PM
For proper uninstallation of drivers you really should use Driver Cleaner. They used to have a free version (I still have it on my computer), but it seems that they have a new version that costs $10. It really helps to prevent issues from multiple versions of videocard and chipset drivers.

HTH :up:

Deep Six
04-26-07, 06:22 PM
Enigma, that depends on where he got his drivers from, he might have a tweaked version from Guru of 3D or Tweaks R Us which have modified.infs so they work with older generation cards.....

There is a 158.18 on both the above mentioned sites with modified infs so 6,7 series cards can use them with GREAT effect.

Deep Six