PDA

View Full Version : need 1.3 now

(SH3)JOHN LAMARRE
04-26-07, 08:37 AM
why i need it bc the radar thing does not move any more and multiplayer issue

TDK1044
04-26-07, 08:50 AM
Ubisoft have yet to confirm that there will be a patch 1.3. I think it's more likely than not, but certainly not confirmed yet.

mookiemookie
04-26-07, 09:00 AM
Rushing a patch only makes it a crappier patch anyways. Let them take their time.

spliffbizzie
04-26-07, 09:18 AM
Ubisoft have yet to confirm that there will be a patch 1.3. I think it's more likely than not, but certainly not confirmed yet.

there better be a 1.3 patch, this game is just plain broke in some areas, it should not be up to the community to fix the game thats ubi's job, we paid our money and 2 patches later the game is still broken in some places, they need to sort it out pronto.

TDK1044
04-26-07, 09:25 AM
I think we'll get 1.3. I wouldn't bet on anything beyond that though.

flintlock
04-26-07, 09:42 AM
Rushing a patch only makes it a crappier patch anyways. Agreed.

Unfortunately, this theory also holds true for an actual title too.

Kant Schwimm
04-26-07, 09:48 AM
To be honest I dont think it needs anymore than a 3rd patch, we only have a few bugs now (although game important features they) the rest of the stuff like historical inaccuracies - more/less activity in ports - skins and such will be added by the community:up:

Though I do miss my bunk:cry:

SteamWake
04-26-07, 10:16 AM
Radar definatly needs to be fixed.

Game is incomplete without it.

AVGWarhawk
04-26-07, 10:22 AM
To be honest I dont think it needs anymore than a 3rd patch, we only have a few bugs now (although game important features they) the rest of the stuff like historical inaccuracies - more/less activity in ports - skins and such will be added by the community:up:

Agreed 100%. This patch really needs to address the radar and the chronometer for sure.

shawnyp420
04-26-07, 10:23 AM
We've got the game. Its not finished but we've got it. So lets give them all the time they need now to fix the game. I don't care if it takes 6 months. That patch better friggin fix this game!! I know I've put it back on the shelf (post 1.2) until a mod or 1.3 can fix this stupid game.

SteamWake
04-26-07, 10:51 AM
We've got the game. Its not finished but we've got it. So lets give them all the time they need now to fix the game. I don't care if it takes 6 months. That patch better friggin fix this game!! I know I've put it back on the shelf (post 1.2) until a mod or 1.3 can fix this stupid game.

Shame, Ive been having a lot of fun with it. (shrug)

TDK1044
04-26-07, 11:11 AM

Shame, Ive been having a lot of fun with it. (shrug)

Me too. I have about 25 hours of game play with no CTDs. Patched to 1.2 and running about 6 mods it's very enjoyable.

Things still to fix? Sure. I hope they take their time and fix them properly though.

Kant Schwimm
04-26-07, 11:12 AM
Me too, took me until 5 days ago to get this game running from release date :dead:
but i've got it runnin sweet now with alot of help from these forums:up:
Though I think alot of my problems were from my vista:damn: upgrade pre 1.2.

SteamWake
04-26-07, 11:21 AM
Me too, took me until 5 days ago to get this game running from release date :dead:
but i've got it runnin sweet now with alot of help from these forums:up:

Indeed alot of the CTD complaints seem to be with Vista.

Personally I think Ill wait untill compatible hardware drivers are available before I upgrade my OS.

fredbass
04-26-07, 11:27 AM
I definitely don't need a patch right now. It's certainly playable and fun, but there does need to be another patch. So my question is why haven't the dev's told us another one is coming unless it is not? There is no reason to hide it, as far as I'm concerned, unless they don't intend to give us another one, which would be bad business and very disappointing.

TDK1044
04-26-07, 11:50 AM
I definitely don't need a patch right now. It's certainly playable and fun, but there does need to be another patch. So my question is why haven't the dev's told us another one is coming unless it is not? There is no reason to hide it, as far as I'm concerned, unless they don't intend to give us another one, which would be bad business and very disappointing.

Ubisoft release that kind of information, not the Devs. the Devs are very aware of what needs fixing in 1.3 and they are hopefully busy at work with it, but Ubisoft have to authorize a new patch and then release information about it through the correct channels.

NefariousKoel
04-26-07, 12:11 PM

Agreed 100%. This patch really needs to address the radar and the chronometer for sure.

And fixing the incorrect Imperial measurement with the Stadimeter! Don't forget that!

DragonRR1
04-26-07, 12:21 PM
I am pretty certain that UBI are aware of all of the current bugs.

I certainly agree that only one patch is required but the patch would have to be pretty faultless and introduce no new bugs. Pretty damn rare to get one of those no matter how long it takes ;)

Personally I hope and think we might get a couple, one to fix most bugs and the last to tidy up.

codeseven
04-26-07, 12:22 PM
Rushing a patch only makes it a crappier patch anyways. Agreed.

Unfortunately, this theory also holds true for an actual title too.

Exactly! If your forced to rush a title, your gonna have to rush a patch(s) to get it to run and subsequent patches thereafter to clean up the rest of the mess. Scary part is, if you dont get 'permission' (from UBI) to make those patches, the game will never be completely fixed. We've got two, lets hope theres a third and its complete enough to negate the need for a lucky fourth because its unlikely to ever come in todays budget climate. Given that, let the game be played awhile, have major remaining bugs identified and then give the devs the time needed to make that third and more than likely 'final' patch as complete as possible.

Iron Budokan
04-26-07, 12:24 PM
We have the eye candy now so a lot of people seem more than satisfied with that. Well, it takes all kinds, I guess. But I really hope they fix the chronometer, the stadimeter, the date line problem and the radar next.

Okay, okay. The game looks real purty. I'll give you that. May we now have a little more attention given to gameplay? So much has been fixed...just a little more to go.

Pretty please, with sugar on it?

kakemann
04-26-07, 12:27 PM
Indeed alot of the CTD complaints seem to be with Vista.

Personally I think Ill wait untill compatible hardware drivers are available before I upgrade my OS.

I tried on Vista first since they announced it was compatible. But I ended up on XP anyway since i had lots of CTD's. Im now running a clean XP install and it works a lot better. :up:

U-Bones
04-26-07, 01:39 PM
I'm stunned that anyone thinks 1 more patch will do it...

The game is almost reasonably playable, but mostly because I think more patches are coming. If I thought 1.2 was it, I probably would stop wasting my time.

Reasonable functionality is required for immersion.

akdavis
04-26-07, 02:44 PM
I can't play career mode due to constant CTD errors. I can have the training missions up for a few hours without problems, but career mode always crashes after playing for a bit (sometimes during TC, sometimes during realtime play). I had CTDs before 1.2, but they seem to have gotten much worse since the patch. That is pretty much unacceptable. I'm running XP, not Vista.

SteamWake
04-26-07, 02:53 PM
I can't play career mode due to constant CTD errors. I can have the training missions up for a few hours without problems, but career mode always crashes after playing for a bit (sometimes during TC, sometimes during realtime play). I had CTDs before 1.2, but they seem to have gotten much worse since the patch. That is pretty much unacceptable. I'm running XP, not Vista.

Ill counter by saying Ive never had a single solitary CTD not one. Thats from version 1.0 on.

Well excpet that one time I pushed the A ke to see if it would and it did.

AVGWarhawk
04-26-07, 02:55 PM

The game is almost reasonably playable, but mostly because I think more patches are coming. If I thought 1.2 was it, I probably would stop wasting my time.

1 more patch if it is done right! If it is, no more patches needed:D

oritpro
04-26-07, 04:20 PM
We have lemon laws for cars, what we need now are lemon laws for software. Maybe something like that will discourage half-done titles like SHIV and TDU from hitting the shelves.

Oh yeah, and EULA's should be made available outside of the box so software can be returned unopened if we disagree with it.

anthonye
04-26-07, 04:24 PM
Here we go again..................:roll:

JG11Bear
04-26-07, 04:25 PM
We have lemon laws for cars, what we need now are lemon laws for software. Maybe something like that will discourage half-done titles like SHIV and TDU from hitting the shelves.

Oh yeah, and EULA's should be made available outside of the box so software can be returned unopened if we disagree with it.

What's TDU?

Bear

oritpro
04-26-07, 04:54 PM
What's TDU?

Test Drive Unlimited.

oritpro
04-26-07, 04:57 PM
Here we go again..................:roll:
You disagree?

USS_shipmaster
04-26-07, 04:58 PM
I believe that most of the CTD experienced here(after 2nd patch) are related to VISTA users. MS software is the MOST bugged product (do you remember windows millenium???).
IMHO anounced game featurea like chronometer, radars, stadimeter are must be done in 1.3... and resolution issue for guys with big TV sized monitors.

best regards to DEVS( respect 4 your job) , and damnation 2 UBI management :arrgh!:for B...S...-ing us

U-Bones
04-26-07, 05:20 PM

1 more patch if it is done right! If it is, no more patches needed:D
ah, a qualifier ;)
/agree, dubiously but hopefully

Fearless
04-26-07, 05:49 PM
Yep, a lot relates to Vista. better start stirring Microsoft up as well in their forum. Oooopppsss!!! They don't have a forum.:lol:

Anyway, another patch should be in the works but so far mine is running ok with no ctds yet (touch wood) with the 1.2 patch.

Slick Rick
04-27-07, 07:19 AM
I am running XP and I have had a handful of CTDs .....plus the other issues that everyone else seems to be having....the functionality of this game is not what I would have thought it would be when releasing a game like this....I know that there will always be issues...but I thought the beta version would have cleared most of these up.....I dont understand why they didnt include the morph to base function either.....it makes no sense to me in leaving this out.....

mookiemookie
04-27-07, 07:22 AM
Ill counter by saying Ive never had a single solitary CTD not one. Thats from version 1.0 on.

I've had 2. Once from the A key and once from the pre-1.2 patch stadimeter. None since 1.2. I honestly think a lot of the problem lies in people's computer setups. and not the game per se

tonyeh
04-27-07, 09:24 AM

Me too. Despite all of SHIV's problems, I've not had a single CTD here either.

Tony

Sailor Steve
04-27-07, 10:42 AM
We have lemon laws for cars, what we need now are lemon laws for software.
There are lemon laws for cars because with a car, "crash" means something very different than with a computer. Having a piece of software fail won't kill you.

U-Bones
04-27-07, 10:48 AM
We have lemon laws for cars, what we need now are lemon laws for software. There are lemon laws for cars because with a car, "crash" means something very different than with a computer. Having a piece of software fail won't kill you.

Not the software we play with, but...

SteamWake
04-27-07, 01:59 PM
I had a jewlcase fall of the desk and land on my foot leving a nice bruise.

Does that qualify ?

Mudrik
04-27-07, 02:56 PM
I am of such mixed opinion over this whole issue. I've never played a SH game before and was absolutely amazed at how compulsive the game could be. Sure, there were a few niggles but I think I was so impressed to start with that I lived with them happily.

Then came my introduction to subsim and the modding that could be done. It made it clear to me that there are a lot of talented modders who have identified areas of the game that can be improved and have put in the hours required to make those improvements. I then started looking for more and more mods to install and started to notice areas where the game was quite frankly, totally broken.

Along came patch 1.1 and that seemed to fix a few problems. Then came 1.2 and I was looking forward to the patch that would fix everything.

As with many users, I was horrified by how broken the game became after 1.2 but, and it is quite a but, I have adapted and learnt to play the game in it's broken state (saving the game every 10 mins or so helps greatly) and am now enjoying it massively. Sure a few CTDs when having forgotten to save for an hour or two have been almost keyboard trashing affairs but I am, without doubt, enjoying the game.

I am happy to wait for a 1.3 patch as long as the developers take note of the comments posted on the forum, spend more time testing and wait until everything is fixed prior to release. We will then all have a fully playable version that we can all enjoy for a long time to come.

tonyeh
04-29-07, 12:20 PM

Me too. Despite all of SHIV's problems, I've not had a single CTD here either.

Tony

Well...I'm going to have to take this back. Last night the game crashed and kept crashing every time I passed by the tiny islands SW of Honshu.

Tony

oritpro
04-29-07, 12:59 PM
We have lemon laws for cars, what we need now are lemon laws for software. There are lemon laws for cars because with a car, "crash" means something very different than with a computer. Having a piece of software fail won't kill you.
Lemon laws were created to provide consumers with a legal course of action if they purchase an automobile that fails repeatedly. Of course certain failures can compromise safety but that is not sole basis for the law.

Autos that are purchased "as is" do not qualify under the lemon law.

Most EULAs basically state that the software is purchased "as is" and not guaranteed for any particular purpose nor is it guaranteed to work at all.

The EULA is usually in the box and once you have opened that box you are no longer entitled to a refund, only an exchange.

This doen't seem fair to me, how about you?

A software "crash" can mean different things to different people. For some, it is merely an inconvenience, for others it can mean a loss of several thousand dollars.

With that said, I am enjoying SHIV with the new patch and various mods that were so graciously provided by the modding community; however, I am still disappointed that I had to wait so long for that software to get fixed AFTER I had spent my money on it. I bought two seriously bugged titles in one week, so I hope you can understand my discontentment.

In my opinion, this is a trend that needs to stop.

FWIW - TDU is the absolute buggiest pile of steaming dog doo that I have ever purchased and the publisher STILL hasn't released a patch despite numerous complaints. At least Ubi has released two for SHIV.

Spectre-63
04-29-07, 02:20 PM
I think a lot of people may be blaming Vista for CTDs that are more likely related to the individual's system. I've been running SH4 under Vista from the beginning and have yet to see a CTD. Regardless, CTDs are usually related to the program being run, rather than the OS.

A software "crash" can mean different things to different people. For some, it is merely an inconvenience, for others it can mean a loss of several thousand dollars.

Can you give me an example where a software 'crash' cost someone several thousand dollars? I've been repairing PC's and PC-based networks for over 15 years now and have never seen a piece of software cause that level of damage.

It should also be pointed out that everyone who's bought more than one PC game should know what the deal is with the EULA and store return policies. If the risk seems unacceptable, don't take it. At the same time, if you choose to take the risk, don't fault the EULA if you get stung. Take responsibility for your own decisions.

oritpro
04-29-07, 03:30 PM
I think a lot of people may be blaming Vista for CTDs that are more likely related to the individual's system. I've been running SH4 under Vista from the beginning and have yet to see a CTD. Regardless, CTDs are usually related to the program being run, rather than the OS.

Can you give me an example where a software 'crash' cost someone several thousand dollars? I've been repairing PC's and PC-based networks for over 15 years now and have never seen a piece of software cause that level of damage.

It should also be pointed out that everyone who's bought more than one PC game should know what the deal is with the EULA and store return policies. If the risk seems unacceptable, don't take it. At the same time, if you choose to take the risk, don't fault the EULA if you get stung. Take responsibility for your own decisions.

Absolutely. Let's take for example an ERP software solution where most if not all departments and their functions are integrated into a single system. If you have been working on networks for as long as you say, then this example requires no further explanation.

Of course this applies to the Enterprise, gaming software is not used for profit unless you're into competition gaming.

As for the EULA, I am really suprised to see that any consumer would want to defend the current distribution methods used by software publishers. There are certains risks involved with anything you buy but most products can be returned for a refund--even if the box has been opened. Not so with software and that is not right.

I worked in IT for over 20-years as a network admin before I got fed up with the industry and left. Being on-call 24/7, spending hours of my free time trying to stay on top of technology, and watching jobs get outsourced (including my own) to the lowest bidder overseas are the main reasons I left.

marky
04-29-07, 07:46 PM
i have to agree

ubi $%^#$% me off this time

this is about the 3rd #$%#$% time im trying toi get Thresher home from Tokyo Bay and im out of #$%#$% fuel

this is absolutely #@$%#$% rediculous

zylark
04-29-07, 08:00 PM
I'm in no hurry for another patch. Game is stable, and do what I require of it. Granted I do not use manual targeting, point and shoot is more my style after years of FPS :p I'm more attracted to the tactical side of the sim, not the nuts and bolts.

The remaining bugs are to me more small niggles, not a deal-breaker. I'll appreciate another patch ofcourse, but I'll rather they take their time and actually fix the remaining issues, and not introduce new ones. Oh, and that they get adversarial MP working good. I haven't tested it yet (unstable internet, drops connection at random intervals for about a minute before it is back up :damn: ), but I understand it is quite broken.

marky
04-29-07, 08:00 PM
just did a crash dive to avoid 2 zeroes

boat went to 60 feet, then 90, etc

then sank like a frakking rock, with not a single hit from either zero

im not playing this game until itis fixed.:down::damn::nope:

<Cleaned that up for, you. JCC>

Spectre-63
04-29-07, 09:17 PM

Absolutely. Let's take for example an ERP software solution where most if not all departments and their functions are integrated into a single system. If you have been working on networks for as long as you say, then this example requires no further explanation.

Of course this applies to the Enterprise, gaming software is not used for profit unless you're into competition gaming.

Okay, I can see that environment causing a cost of several thousand dollars if there was a crash...any net-admin worth his salt would have that software running in a redundant, if not clustered, environment though. I was looking for an example outside of an enterprise environment.

As for the EULA, I am really suprised to see that any consumer would want to defend the current distribution methods used by software publishers. There are certains risks involved with anything you buy but most products can be returned for a refund--even if the box has been opened. Not so with software and that is not right.

Right or wrong, until there is a change made by a governmental entity I don't see it changing. Since that's the situation in the US (the EU has already made 'shrink-wrap EULAs' invalid), customers should be aware of it and take the time to do their research before buying the product.

I worked in IT for over 20-years as a network admin before I got fed up with the industry and left. Being on-call 24/7, spending hours of my free time trying to stay on top of technology, and watching jobs get outsourced (including my own) to the lowest bidder overseas are the main reasons I left.

sounds familiar...I've moved into a more telephony-centric position within our IT department and I think that'll help me stay in the industry until I'm ready to retire.

Overkill
04-29-07, 09:18 PM
just did a crash dive to avoid 2 zeroes

boat went to 60 feet, then 90, etc

then sank like a frakking rock, with not a single hit from either zero

im not playing this game until itis fixed.:down::damn::nope:

<Cleaned that up for, you. JCC>

I keep have'n the out of control dives like this even when I don't use crash dive. The emergency tanks don't help much with stopping it either. :dead: