PDA

View Full Version : AA guns appear missing

silent one
04-25-07, 07:25 PM
I seem to be missing AA michine guns. Ive had this on several boats. Currently on a balao . I have two 40mm guns and a quad 50 cal on the bow. the 50 cal appears missing. This is the same with all the other boats Ive had. Am I missing something? Also doesnt seem to be any crew allocated in the management area either. confused

Roadsweeper
04-25-07, 08:22 PM
Where did you get the quad 50's from just out of curiosity.

The 50 cals were never put into the game, they are in the coding, but never turned on. How did you come by that option??? Modding?

As for the fact they arent there, well thats coz they havent been properly implemented yet. There has been efforts on the modding forums to turn them on again, and some have managed to get them to appear, but cant fire them as of yet... Or that was the case last time I looked.

If your having probs, I'd recommend swapping them to a twin 20mm if you can.... until the modders can work out how to fully renable the 50's

silent one
04-25-07, 08:25 PM
I got them in the refit option. I could do with something more than the 40mm guns as their low rof means lots of misses as gunners seem incapable of leading target. Think I was better off with the 20mm's :(

Strikor
04-25-07, 08:28 PM
A single M2 exists but the quads never existed in the files. You're confusing the 4 inch/50 caliber deck gun with the 4x .50 machine gun system.

Sometimes deck guns get bugged when you install new ones. Try loading an old save and upgrading again if you get the unmanned bug.