PDA

View Full Version : Whats Up With The Radar???

Condor96
04-25-07, 03:01 AM
I just dont understand what the problem is.
Ten years ago in Silent Hunter 1 the radar ( both air and surface) worked perfectly.
Im guessing the Ubi team probably hasnt even seen it, they could learn something. for those of you that have played SH1 you know what I mean. I would think that the 'brilliant' programmers at Ubi that make all the beautiful eye candy that they have done for SH4 could replicate the ten year old programing that made the SH1 radar work.
I have a few other Ubi games but this is the worst one for sure, yea it looks pretty but it plays like crap. I think everyone would agree that when you start a career that you want to go from war start to war end, not retired after 3 patrols, at least we should have the option to continue, what happened to buying new ships with renown? Instead its heres a shiney new boat take it or leave it, what kind of boat is it... lame.
Seems patch 1.2 put more effort in improving graphics that gameplay,what good is pretty graphics if the game leaves you fustrated and unstaisfied that you can not complete it.
So many people say 'Ohhh this is the best subsim ever' BS I say , its only the best
graphics with many folks cant totally enjoy because of the hardware demands, and ooh just give the dev team time they will make it right,, phhtt how many patches will it take 5 , 10? first patch was out before the game hit the shelf.
I truly hope that Ubi can finish this game so we all can enjoy our silent hunting.

fullmetaledges
04-25-07, 04:28 AM
thanks for your insight