PDA

View Full Version : Extra grafix options in 1.2, What are they?

FoddaUK
04-24-07, 08:46 AM
Well I've installed the 1.2 update and in the Options/Graphics window I now have two extra tickable boxes. Unfortunately they're not labelled at all and I haven't a clue what they do. There's one at the bottom of each column of options.

So what DO they do? I don't want to be ticking one and losing some graphical wonderment... I am running an 8800GTX card... ;)

SteamWake
04-24-07, 08:52 AM
Sounds like a corrupted install to me.

All my check boxes have a descriptor.

FoddaUK
04-24-07, 09:00 AM
Well the rest of the game runs perfectly well (touch wood) and rather than muck it all about I just wondered what those two things were. I knew it was something to do with my system only as nobody else has commented on this that I could find in teh search.

I just don't trust this Vista 64 bit and graphics drivers at the mo...

VonBlade
04-24-07, 09:04 AM
When I installed 1.2 over 1.1 I had those boxes unlabelled. A fresh install and patch cured it.

However, they are for volumetric fog on the bottom left and vertical sync on the bottom right.
VB

FoddaUK
04-24-07, 09:14 AM
Sweet. Thanks VB.
I'll try the fresh install business with just the 1.2 patch then.

VonBlade
04-24-07, 09:18 AM
No worries. I might not know the amount of rivets in a Balao, but some things I can help with.
VB

FoddaUK
04-24-07, 09:30 AM
17,496. Give or take whatever your Damage Control party fit/remove during teh course of a patrol.

;) ;) ;) ;)

Skipbo
04-24-07, 09:50 AM
I saw this once after installing a lot of mods - about two dozen, but my 1.2 install was over a fresh installation of SHIV - no 1.1 patch involved. I ended up installing Flavored to Taste (FFT) followed by a composite mod that includes about 20 mods that I liked (selected portions of the mods I liked and built one mod to save time and avoid conflicts). After that process of mod installation, I have not had the disappearing text problem for those two check-boxes - everything is working just fine. I thought I'd provide this information in case the problem happens again for you after doing the reinstalls. I really think my problem was caused by either a mod or a conflict of mods at this point ..... Skipbo (I'm running a 7900GS GFX card)

FIREWALL
04-24-07, 09:55 AM
No worries. I might not know the amount of rivets in a Balao, but some things I can help with.
VB

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

FoddaUK
04-24-07, 10:04 AM
Thanks all, I think I'll leave it as is for now. I'm at least able to play and sink things, and now that I know what the two boxes do I'll check the volumetric fog and leave the other.

Cheers.

SteamWake
04-24-07, 10:41 AM
When I installed 1.2 over 1.1 I had those boxes unlabelled. A fresh install and patch cured it.

However, they are for volumetric fog on the bottom left and vertical sync on the bottom right.
VB

Strange I dident (shrug). Nothing like consistancy.

Soviet_Warlord
04-24-07, 03:29 PM
If you guys have installed one of those SHIII control mods, then the appropriate file is being overwritten by it. Maye sure you have a 1.2 compatible version.

RocketDog
04-24-07, 03:57 PM
When I installed 1.2 over 1.1 I had those boxes unlabelled.

Same here - but not annoyed enough by it to want to reinstall now I know what they are.

RD.

VonBlade
04-24-07, 04:07 PM
Me neither. Except of course at the time I didn't know what they were and thought they might have added the FSAA and AF as tickboxes :)

Know now though.
VB

DirtyHarry3033
04-24-07, 04:11 PM
Well I've installed the 1.2 update and in the Options/Graphics window I now have two extra tickable boxes. Unfortunately they're not labelled at all and I haven't a clue what they do. There's one at the bottom of each column of options.

So what DO they do? I don't want to be ticking one and losing some graphical wonderment... I am running an 8800GTX card... ;)
One of your mods did that. Sorry, don't remember which one it is.

The two options are:

Volumetric Fog (on the left)
Vertical Sync (on the right)

The file that was overwritten by your mod is:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Menu\menu.txt

You can do a clean install/patch if you like, but if you re-enable that mod it will kill those options again. What you need to do is, edit the menu.txt listed above, and add these lines:

4454=Volumetric Fog
4455=Vertical Sync

in the ";graphic options" section after you apply the mod. That will get the option labels visible again on the menu!

HTH!

DH

Skipbo
04-24-07, 05:34 PM
Thanks to Dirty Harry, I've figured out what caused my missing text. It was really my fault (of course) since I had a couple of early mods that I was checking out which had not been re-issued for version 1.2. I think RFB has since issued a 1.2 version, but not sure about Real Medals. Neither has the graphics entries for menu.txt at 4454 and 4455, but then those boxes did not exist in version 1.1 so there was nothing wrong with the mods. Does give me something to look for when things go sour though.

Thanks DH! ... Skipbo