PDA

View Full Version : Carbon credits needed for SH4

Stoli
04-23-07, 11:11 AM
Ahead Standard from Pearl Harbor to Tokyo... 53% fuel consumption???? Gar class sub, insert the agent mission. I made 3/4 the trip on TC6000ish then back down to TC32 once in enemy waters near Malaysia. Is this correct or did I hit bad weather along the way?

SteamWake
04-23-07, 11:30 AM
You will never make it at ahead standard.

Not even close.

Ahead slow MAXIMUM !

Simple as that.

swash
04-23-07, 11:31 AM
When I leave Pearl, I head to Midway to refit for fuel, then 1/3 speed from there to Japan.

Other than getting into attack position, I never travel faster than 1/3 to conserve fuel.

Iceberg
04-23-07, 11:35 AM
But that ride from Pearl to Midway at flank speed is sweet!! :D

Looking forward to some Sub Tenders closer to Japan!

SteamWake
04-23-07, 11:36 AM
I want to know how he made it 3/4 of the way without getting jumped by patrol aircraft !?

Only time Ive even come close to that was making a transit in bad weather.

Typically I start getting jumped about 75 miles off Marshal

NEON DEON
04-23-07, 11:37 AM
If you set the engine speed manually to 10 knots, you will get 7,400 NM out of half a tank of fuel. You will not travel at 10 knots due to weather condition but you will still get 7,400 NM.

Chock
04-23-07, 11:38 AM
You got attacked there because I radioed your position to the Japs - what can I say? The competition is stiff to get on that Aces board :D

SteamWake
04-23-07, 11:57 AM
You got attacked there because I radioed your position to the Japs - what can I say? The competition is stiff to get on that Aces board :D

You just wait your turn is comming ! :smug:

It gets so bad later in the war I dont run surfaced in good weather in the daytime anymore. Talk about a long trip !

Even then Ive been jumped at dusk seems those pilots have good eyes.