PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Devs

TDK1044
04-22-07, 08:12 PM
I finished a mission earlier this afternoon where I had to insert an Intel Agent into enemy territory. The mission went well, and there were some breathtaking sunsets and sunrises along the way. I even found a nice, juicy convoy to attack after completing my designated mission and I played cat and mouse with a couple of Jap Destroyers.

To anyone who says that this game is either not worth the money or is unplayable, I think you should step back and really look at the great things that are in SH4 (1.2) instead of complaining about some things that are not or that need patching.

My last mission was a lot of fun and beautiful to look at.

Like most of you, I hope for additional patches to fix known issues, but if no more patches were to ever come, patched to 1.2 this game is worth every penny in my opinion.

I can only imagine what Dan and his Dev team would have achieved with a realistic production schedule from Ubisoft for this game.

Many thanks.

Camaero
04-22-07, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I am certainly glad I bought it!

Last night some of the beautiful visuals I saw took my breath away. Nothing has ever come close to looking this good in a sub game.

shad43
04-22-07, 08:29 PM
:up:

Fix the radar and Im perfect.

Well worth the $50 I paid :D

mookiemookie
04-22-07, 08:51 PM
I'm with you guys. Even if my convoy AI and radar doesn't get fixed, I'll still be happy. Just not as happy as I would be. ;)

Thank you!

Monica Lewinsky
04-22-07, 10:06 PM
To anyone who says that this game is either not worth the money or is unplayable, I think you should step back and really look at the great things that are in SH4 (1.2) instead of complaining about some things that are not or that need patching.

My last mission was a lot of fun and beautiful to look at.

... Clears her throat, well said. Having a blast of fun at this end, too. Nice to see a positive comment for a change of pace. Dial 9-1-1. I think that positive folks like TDK1044 are in harms way. Round up the usual suspects, play it again Sam.

SteamWake
04-23-07, 09:09 AM
I can only imagine what Dan and his Dev team would have achieved with a realistic production schedule from Ubisoft for this game.

Many thanks.

Indeed

CCIP
04-23-07, 09:20 AM
Yea, I know what you mean, I cringed when I saw the words 'accellerated development schedule' in Neal's first preview for the game; I knew it was going this way...

On the other hand, I totally think the game was worth everything, and I invested more into it than the average user, buying multiple copies and upgrading my system to run the game better - and that's not mentioning the time with modding and tweaking that I spend with it. People who think it wasn't worth $50 need to re-evaluate what their $50 would get them otherwise.

I've already spend many many hours with it and look forward to hundreds more. Even if this is the end of the official development road (please say it isn't so!), I'll still be playing this one months and years later. :yep:

macky
04-23-07, 09:23 AM
tbh I payed £25 for my amazon collectors edition which is a very cheap game. Most top drawer games go from £35 to £40. So either way its great value, especially since I believe this is a top drawer game too:up:

AVGWarhawk
04-23-07, 09:25 AM
Same here. In all reality, I'm fine with it and it's current state. Visuals are great and there is great potential here.

Onkel Neal
04-23-07, 01:20 PM
Theres tons of fun to be found in this game :up:

Neal

missleman01
04-23-07, 01:34 PM
Well stated by all. Ubi, dont stop making simulations! I love the few that we have. Well done with SHIV

Cap'n Crabs
04-23-07, 01:35 PM
In spite of the bugs, I've been playing the daylights out of it. There are plenty of dirty dishes & laundry to attest to it. :o

NEON DEON
04-23-07, 01:44 PM
Theres tons of fun to be found in this game :up:

Neal

And.... if you are running down sampans and junks,

They are 2 tons of fun!:D

DMB3428
04-23-07, 02:06 PM
In spite of the bugs, I've been playing the daylights out of it. There are plenty of dirty dishes & laundry to attest to it. :olol, man this is my current state of living right now, i come home from work and start in on a mission and the next thing I know it is time to go to bed :D

Camaero
04-23-07, 02:23 PM
In spite of the bugs, I've been playing the daylights out of it. There are plenty of dirty dishes & laundry to attest to it. :olol, man this is my current state of living right now, i come home from work and start in on a mission and the next thing I know it is time to go to bed :D

Thats exactly right!

Cap'n Crabs
04-23-07, 02:54 PM
Ha ha, 1:00am hits, have to work early next morning... just.. ten.. more.. minutes...
Go on to bed, I'm all wound up and can't sleep... 2:30am... still awake. Dang, could have been playing the game all that time. argh!
:lol:

FIREWALL
04-23-07, 03:08 PM
Worth every penny. And look at all the great mods and fixes.:D

-Pv-
04-23-07, 03:51 PM
I'm having great fun not eating or sleeping.

This is my list of 1.2 patch improvements I noticed while playing the game (I'm sure there are others) I'm playing the download version of the program on a 2.2GHz DC AMD, 2G RAM on XP pro with X1950 graphics. Other systems and purchase methods may not have the same performance. Not in order of importance. There may be other improvements I've not experienced yet:

1) Higher resolutions without the screen getting squashed.
2) Being able to force FSAA through the video control panel (note: the release notes did not say FSAA was being added to the game option UI as some have suggested.)
3) The digital clock in the lower right panel includes in the mouse over a reminder clock is BASE TIME.
4) Enhanced crew management graphics (compartment efficiency bars at the top.)
5) Crew FATIGUE no longer gets set to nearly 100% when saved game is restored.
6) Fewer contact reports in the radio. This cuts down on the message traffic, UI overload and some distraction on unreasonably distant contacts.
7) Enhanced depth control indicators.
8) Damage control seems more reasonable over 1.1.
9) I had no CTDs in 1.1 and 1.2 is equally stable. This equates to more game time which is great.
10) Enhanced graphics AND improved frame rates.
11) Monolith of Doom gone (and its associated frame kills.)
12) I was able to patch 1.2 over 1.1 without uninstalling or reinstalling. A real time saver.
13) High speed torps are more accurate.
14) No longer getting endless repeats of the war declaration messages every time I restore a game.
15) The volume of voices is more even.
16) external cam cycle no longer tries to focus on aircraft thereby not frustrating the user with whacky views.
17) Entering and leaving shallow water produces the correct message.
18) Surfacing produces the correct oxygen message.

Yesterday while playing I experienced something in particular I've been specifically looking for. Most of us warping along tend to see the calm weather or the stormy weather and may catch one of the stages between, but I managed to catch the full transition over the course of about 6 hours from calm to 15 knot gale with high waves. Nice to know it CAN happen.
-Pv-

Monica Lewinsky
04-23-07, 05:55 PM
I'm having great fun not eating or sleeping.
6) Fewer contact reports in the radio. This cuts down on the message traffic, UI overload and some distraction on unreasonably distant contacts.
Ditto on the f-word ... FUN! Have been staying up to 1-2 a.m. each night playing it.

Noticed contact reports fell off to nothing, too. Pressing the "M" or "F12" is at worst a 2 second wait - which is very liveable. Now in 2nd patrol with 1.2 patch - career mode, 75% done with it [the patrol] heading to home port. NOT ONE SINGLE problem. Projects around the White House are not getting the attention they need because of SH-4. :lol:

9th_cow
04-23-07, 06:35 PM
had a similar mission myself, variety of missions is nice now.
lucked out first time, just as the option box popped up to ask me to deploy the guy i happened to be zooming in with my binocs. couldnt do anything after that ,
anyways reloaded and deployed the guys, and as i was sailing away i ran smack bang into a convoy.
now ussually destroyers dont care about you. and i aproach convoys as such. ( fast and loud)
well i picked on the wrong boys, seems sinking theyre heavy cruiser annoyed them.
now having one guy ping me and race towards me i went a little deep, but didnt expect anything.
so i was a little surprised when not 1 but 3 destroyers threw enough depth charges at me to destroy a small planet.
none stop explosions one after the other as they took it in turns to hammer the area i was in.
those guys wouldnt give up.
finally after and hour of real time, i thought i had escaped them, turns out i was wrong as a subhunter and 2 destroyers hammered the hell out of my sub.
ended the fight on the surface. and what was left of my sub was barely enough to cover a plate :)
ok so i travelled a long way to die, but damn i had fun in the process
when the blasted bugs leave me alone this game is amazing.